Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It'd be really fun but it'd gut half the wow playerbase from the 'normal' servers.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    WoW is and will always be a PvE game first and a PvP second. It will always be a side thing. At least that was the original intent. They even regretted putting it in. That said, if they did I'm sure it would do fairly well, as long as it was free.
    Source or didn't happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    3. Focus time on player skill development (instead of gear grinding)
    4. Turn wow into a real esport

Would you play this game or would you get bored with the lack of options?
    For that to happen they need to make pvp more intuitive.
    Hotkey rpg`s isnt very viewer friendly - and WOW gets more and more abillitys, more cc, cooldowns, counters, defensives etc etc to keep track of. Isnt really surprising that hardcore arena plyers like Reckful is pro typeracers, who can write 150 words @ min lol.
    Even long time wow players might find it difficult to know what is going on when watching tournaments like BWC. Healer is blanketed and can not dispell X abillity, so player b could be in trouble unless he have cooldown Y ready. Etc etc.

I think Skillshot design (mainly used in MOBA type games) is a good place to start.¨
    Imagine Chaos bolt being instant, but always travels in a straight path (instead of auto home in on targets like most spells in wow does) at a speed wich make it possible for the target to move out of its path. You could avoid a 200k crit simply by being alert and have fast reactions.
    Cc could allso be designed more intuitive. In some games Blind actual blinds the player - white out his screen, wich obviously makes it hard to aim a spell.

Offcourse it would require a lot of work - the first experiments with directional spells (like Frozen Orb) does have alot of issues. Its prolly difficult to get spells to travel in paths in elevated environments like for example AB or Blade edge arena.
    But im positive that more emphasis on action rpg instead of hotkey rpg would make the game more viewer friendly.

It would be boring

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    WoW is and will always be a PvE game first and a PvP second. It will always be a side thing. At least that was the original intent. They even regretted putting it in. That said, if they did I'm sure it would do fairly well, as long as it was free.
    They regretted putting arena in this game i think. WoW pvp itself can be good but arena is just a tumour.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    They regretted putting arena in this game i think. WoW pvp itself can be good but arena is just a tumour.
    I do belive that this rigth, i seem to remenber of reading something about blizzard saing that they at times regreat putting arenas in the game, but as always i could be wrong.
    “Dois loucos não sabiam que era impossível realizar a tarefa, decidiram então realizá-la.” Mark Twain

You mean like wow tournament realms ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really hoping that GW2 would offer a good MMO experience with more balanced pvp. It may, but I just can't force myself to level and it feels like a hack-and-slash.

All I want is a game that is basically a pvp focused version of WoW. That is the only type of game that I have a desire to play, yet there is nothing that fits that mold.

Blizzard either does not care about pvp, or they have no idea how to play their own game well enough to balance classes. They manage to screw it up one way or another. It is obvious that pvp in WoW will always be the bastard stepchild. Personally, I realized that scripted encounters suck pretty hard unless you have friends entertaining you.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 07:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I wish they had just stuck to BGs. I think they could have made this game much more balanced w/o arena.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    so much negativity so i will cheer this thread up! I would like it alot actually, growing my skills is what is fun in a pvp game.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 02:18 AM ----------

I am to looking for an MMO with high focus on PvP. Will probably not happen in a long long time. I do not wish they have had stuck to bgs tho, arena is what is fun, bgs is less-fun, its to big. Feels like you do no differ, I have not played rbg! They can still make this game alot more balanced and put alot more skill into it, but they want cuz they dont focus that way on pvp, but dont think for one second you cant do ALOT ALOT ALOT better than this because you can for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    Look at games like LOL or COD. Basically all you do is que up and those games are very popular. Focus on skill and not gear is what makes them fun.
    Look at how PvP in games like LoL and CoD is nothing like PvP in WoW. Now look at how absurd your comment is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Look at how PvP in games like LoL and CoD is nothing like PvP in WoW.
    Ya, I get sick of people here saying to go play LoL. I can't stand point and click bs. It is nothing like WoW. It is a very unattractive game in all regards.
    I like sandwiches

Here is the article from a Rob Pardo interview back in 2009.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...s-of-Warcraft#

He pretty much admits they botched it up by putting Arena in without much thought.

Actually, the only thing they regret implementing was Arena. While this might not be the sole mindset of all Devs/Designers, this was from, the then, VP of Game Design.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/13/bl...re-a-mistake/5

Essentially, Arena made the game much more difficult to balance as it added additional constraints that weren't necessarily a huge problem in Battlegrounds.

OP, you should try out Forge. It's a new game that just game out that is strictly PvP. It's based on skill without having to worry about a gear treadmill messing up balance. It's pretty similar combat-wise to WoW, with a little bit more action oriented into it. It's a one time purchase, so you don't have to worry about a sub fee afterward. It's only 20 bucks, so if you have the spare cash, it's definitely worth a try!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I for one would back such a project 100%!

An entirely PvP WoW game could potentially work VERY well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Look at how PvP in games like LoL and CoD is nothing like PvP in WoW. Now look at how absurd your comment is.
    I was not referring to the actual game play, but simply the style of que up and play.

would separate all the fools. id like that