Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 11 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Because an entire organization is the same as some random dude.

Fuck it, that homeless guy on the street is now as valid a source as information on particle physics as the LHC.
    The homeless guy doesn't benefit from lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    What, it takes 20 seconds instead of 18?
    well no difference in time doesn't matter even if one exists, but I was talking about mechanical difficulty. Though idk about having no foreskin, I feel like it's common to use a sock or napkin or something because of sensitivity issues

Because an entire organization is the same as some random dude.

Fuck it, that homeless guy on the street is now as valid a source as information on particle physics as the LHC.
    To be fair, virtually everybody in this thread (including you and me) have preconceptions that make it difficult to debate.

In the end, the benefits and risks are mostly small in either direction. It's predominantly a cultural thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    They also get a shitton of money for foreskin tissue.

Coincidence? I think not.
    Any sources for that? I think not.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Don't do unprotected sex with strangers. Next.

See above.

Let's cut my testicles so I never get testicle cancer. Stupid.

See above.

Easier hygiene? It literally takes 1 minute to wash your penis. If you're a skunk that showers once a week I can see how you'd want that.
    Those are the ones that don't even matter to me because I agree that all those are not even a big deal. The dealbreaker was the Urinary Tract Infection one you conveniently left out of your rebuttal. I did not want to risk my son getting one of those. And it happens often to uncircumcised people in their later years even if they are super SUPER clean. That's why I chose to get my son circumcised.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    well no difference in time doesn't matter even if one exists, but I was talking about mechanical difficulty. Though idk about having no foreskin, I feel like it's common to use a sock or napkin or something because of sensitivity issues

As one who is circumcised, cutting the foreskin off doesn't mean you don't have any loose skin at all. Unless you got a botched job from jo-blo who didn't give any growing room, anyone who is circumcised doesn't have any harder time.
    Last edited by Symphonic; 2012-12-04 at 09:56 PM.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Also, for the record: I'm not religious, nor have I ever been.

I think this (generally speaking) boils down to differences in what is "normal." If you're circumcised it's likely you're going to see circumcision as a perfectly normal process. If you're uncircumcised, you're probably going to see it as brutal mutilation against a person's consent, as being uncut is your idea of normal. There's not going to be a lot of crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Without going into all the details, let's just say that you're incorrect.

Adult circumcision is different from infant circumcision and carries a lot higher of a risk of complications.

Secondly, I'm not going to trust simply the word of somebody who may be being influenced by preconceptions.

Oh for the love of god, do a fucking search and find the links in the discussion that happened on this subject a few days ago.

Then I submit that any organization that claims there are no benefits, etc. are doing it because there are some people getting money for it and they want to hurt their rivals.

FGM is not even comparable to male circumcision. You're comparing a paper cut to a stab wound.
    This. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    No, i can absolutely say id make the same decision, i find it to be a hideous disfigurement. If i had to look at it every day it would get removed.
    Apparently you didn't read/comprehend anything I wrote.

I didn't read that. I cannot exactly comprehend how cutting an EXTERNAL part of your body affects your INTERNAL organs.

The foreskin is, after all, skin. How does it impair the urinary system, which is a set of ''tubes'' through which urin is eliminated?

FGM is not even comparable to male circumcision. You're comparing a paper cut to a stab wound.
    So if it was done in a clinic, it would be okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    How the unholy flying crap did they measure '5%'? I'm amused by bogus science as much as anybody but that's just silly.
    The men lasted 5% longer before they came?

/shrug...

I didn't read that. I cannot exactly comprehend how cutting an EXTERNAL part of your body affects your INTERNAL organs.

The foreskin is, after all, skin. How does it impair the urinary system, which is a set of ''tubes'' through which urin is eliminated?
    The answer to this should be blatantly obvious, considering the location of the foreskin and shouldn't require a medical degree to figure out.

I wonder if anyone did a test to prove circumcision truely prevents UTI. I would imagine the test to be fairly simple. You find 100 cut and 100 uncut male and ask them to not shower for a month and see which group did worse. I would be pretty interested in the findings.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The answer to this should be blatantly obvious, considering the location of the foreskin and shouldn't require a medical degree to figure out.
    Enlighten me, sage.

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    I wonder if anyone did a test to prove circumcision truely prevents UTI. I would imagine the test to be fairly simple. You find 100 cut and 100 uncut male and ask them to not shower for a month and see which group did worse. I would be pretty interested in the findings.
    Your sample size is far too small but yes, that's basically how that information was reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could link this study.
    I'm looking now. I linked it a while ago on a different thread. I shouldn't of made the claim without citing but I'm at work.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

I'm pleased to see how many people think it should be the kid's choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Those are the ones that don't even matter to me because I agree that all those are not even a big deal. The dealbreaker was the Urinary Tract Infection one you conveniently left out of your rebuttal. I did not want to risk my son getting one of those. And it happens often to uncircumcised people in their later years even if they are super SUPER clean. That's why I chose to get my son circumcised.
    idk I've never had a UTI and neither have any of my brothers. UTIs happen more because of not peeing enough, so I think that correlation is just a correlation and not causation. Besides, why on earth would having a foreskin increase the chance of getting an infection within the urethra? That's like saying keeping your tongue increases the chance of getting an ear infection...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    No, i can absolutely say id make the same decision, i find it to be a hideous disfigurement. If i had to look at it every day it would get removed.
    How is it a disfigurement when it is something EVERY SINGLE male child is born with?
    I don't think you quite understand the meaning of the word disfigurement.

Disfigurement
    - Disfigurement is the state of having one's appearance deeply and persistently harmed medically, as from a disease, birth defect, or wound.

Enlighten me, sage.
    Why don't you go ask that homeless dude down the street?