Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I don't know any newborns that have teeth or moles removed.

In fact, the only permanent alterations to a newborn you're allowed to make are those that are reversible (ear piercing) or circumcision.

You can't get them tattooed or anything like that. Why let them be circumcised?
    Sorry, I was speaking of circumcisions in general, not for newborns. But piercings would still be applicable. I wouldn't expect newborns to be transmitting STDs either
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by RypPyr View Post
    How does being circumcised make it difficult to get the penis into the vagina? I have never had an issue, I think the issue may lie with your friends not with the fact that they lack a foreskin.

Also, I have no lack of pleasure.
    If we're talking a purely mechanical perspective, making a rod slightly smaller will make it easier to fit into a hole.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    what the....

i don't...

why?
    I too am without foreskin, ribbed for her pleasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I'm glad my parents didn't have my foreskin cut even though they screwed up a lot while my mom was pregnant with me. The only inconvenience I encountered being uncircumcised was that the neck of my penis was stuck to the foreskin until I was 8. Then the doctor yanked it til they separated but it hurt like hell for 2 days...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    Sorry, I was speaking of circumcisions in general, not for newborns. But piercings would still be applicable. I wouldn't expect newborns to be transmitting STDs either
    Yeah I really like people who claim circumcision is great for preventing STDs (Which is only really useful or applicable in areas with heavy STD saturation such as Africa). It'll definitely help newborns and children with all that unprotected sex they're going to be having before they're able to consent to a procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Are you out of your bloody mind? PEOPLE DO THOSE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO! ( or because it endangers their health ) We are debating whether it's moral to -ENFORCE- this decision on your kid. How can you even make such a ridiculous analogy?
    I was speaking directly of calling it mutilation, hence the "And on mutilation".

The "OT" part was directed to the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    I wonder if anyone did a test to prove circumcision truely prevents UTI.
    It doesn't prevent it, it lowers the chances by a fraction. In either case you are likely to catch it if you don't take care of your hygiene. Nontheless, circumsicion wouldn't be the first thing a doctor should prescribe to take care of this but antibiotics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    If we're talking a purely mechanical perspective, making a rod slightly smaller will make it easier to fit into a hole.
    Right! So really a circumcised penis should be easier to insert than an uncircumcised penis. Given the operators have similar skill levels of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Etna View Post
    i feel sorry for them they have an hard time getting the penis hard inside the vagina and they don't have much pleasure.
    Sounds like they have more issues than 'being circumcised'. I'm circumcised and have no problems with my wife.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Except you aren't making it smaller. Technicality, I can understand why it's hard to miss

I also believe women find uncircumcised penises to be more pleasurable.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...830s1079.x/pdf
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Except you aren't making it smaller. Technicality, I can understand why it's hard to miss
    You are, though, just not in any significant way. Either way there should be no mechanical difference in that regard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post

We were born with quite a few stuff that aren't so useful to modern humans to be honest.

http://www.bloggingwv.com/20-useless...-we-need-them/
    There's enough retarded pseudoscience around the subject, lets not add more shit to the pile.
    Last edited by mmoc3fe040ec5f; 2012-12-04 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nailbomb View Post
    as an atheist, even thought circumcision is done for religious reasons, im glad im circumcised.
    and why?
    /10chars

It should, if that person's parents did not have them circumcised it is absolutely their decision once they are old enough and well informed enough.

Other than that, no. It's up to the parents, some do it or don't do it based on religion, I'm not religious in the least but that's their perogative.

Circumcised men are 4.5 more likely to develop E.D. because there are at least 4.5 times as many circumcised men, I know math is hard, but it's the same percentage out of each group, about 12% chance either way.

The bottom line is it should be the parents decision, for whatever reason they choose. You will NEVER hear a person who has been circumcised say "I wish my parents had let me choose", or "I wish I wasn't circumcised", same with the other side. If you do they are lying. You can't miss what you never had.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calling it mutilation is hyperbole and quite laughable. I'm not even religious, and using such hyperbole doesn't make an argument more convincing or support your statements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    I too am without foreskin, ribbed for her pleasure.
    Actually I've heard about women who are way more satisfied with uncircumcised penises, because the man doesn't have to thrust as hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Sounds like they have more issues than 'being circumcised'. I'm circumcised and have no problems with my wife.
    People, please help me out here. The circumcised overwhelmingly support the procedure, and the uncircumcised are against it. Do none of you uncircumcised find that odd? Those who are circumcised should have far more say as to whether it is appropriate or not than those of you who are not.

Why is it that all you uncircumcised people are somehow experts on the topic, yet you disregard the peoples opinions who are actually circumcised?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymitylol View Post
    Calling it mutilation is hyperbole and quite laughable. I'm not even religious, and using such hyperbole doesn't make an argument more convincing or support your statements.
    What is mutilation then, if not cutting off a part of one's body?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    It should, if that person's parents did not have them circumcised it is absolutely their decision once they are old enough and well informed enough.

Other than that, no. It's up to the parents, some do it or don't do it based on religion, I'm not religious in the least but that's their perogative.

Circumcised men are 4.5 more likely to develop E.D. because there are at least 4.5 times as many circumcised men, I know math is hard, but it's the same percentage out of each group, about 12% chance either way.

The bottom line is it should be the parents decision, for whatever reason they choose. You will NEVER hear a person who has been circumcised say "I wish my parents had let me choose", or "I wish I wasn't circumcised", same with the other side. If you do they are lying. You can't miss what you never had.
    I'm circumcised and wish my parents had left it up to me.

Especially after I read that a large portion of nerve endings are in the foreskin and keratinization of the glans makes it even less sensitive.