Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pvtpyro View Post
    From a female perspective I wish every guy was circumcised. What guy in their right mind would willingly get it done as an adult?

As for uncircumcised... I admittedly only have one experience and it was a major turn off. Disgusting. ALL of my girlfriends agree with me. Sure you can teach a guy to be clean, and I'm sure some are. But I've seen the way a lot of guys live, and looking at their cleaning habits in public, I doubt it's any different downstairs. For some, not all.

I say keep doing it the way their doing it.
    Way to piss off over half the male population. Just like cut penis's, uncuts all look different. And when erect there's very little difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chocobo606 View Post
    Any idea what the odds are or what percent of a risked increase someone is of getting a UTI because they're uncircumcised? No offense, but just because you know someone who had that problem, doesn't mean it's unrare. Just because x is more likely to get y disease, doesn't mean it's not a 0.5 chance or something. I just wouldn't want to have an argument over something like that without knowing how big of a difference it makes. And no, the fact that there's even a small chance doesn't make it a good argument either, since there are ways of preventing UTI's as a male.

From what I've seen, UTI's because you're uncircumcised are pretty non-existant, unless you're dirty. Honestly saying the health benefits of being circumcised make it be worth it, I really just don't believe it.
    Honestly not sure about the rates of UTI for uncircumcised in adulthood, but I know that before the age of one it's 1 in 100 for uncircumcised, and 1 in 1,000 for circumcised. Ten times less chance.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    I had a circumcision when I was 4, I had no say in it. It wasn't out of religion, more out of necessity (if they wouldn't have done it I might have lost my willy :S ) I'd rather have a bald(= also more hygiënic) one then none at all
    Yeah but dude thats an exceptional circumstance though.

The argument here is whether it shouldn't be done on babies since it is a procedure that carries risk and one that recent studies have concluded doesn't really offer any actual credible health benefits. On the contrary, in addition to the risk to the baby there is loss of sensitive tissue in an area which should have it the most.

It is how nature (and God if you happen to believe in that stuff - I don't) intended it, just like nature intended you to have 2 arms and 2 legs. Now you may have to make sure you clean your arms and legs....but chopping them off or mutilating them is surely not a viable alternative you would agree, no?

If someone would like circumcision for whatever reason, cosmetic and/or religious....they can have it done when they are old enough to legally consent to it much like any other cosmetic surgical procedure. Don't do it to babies who can't consent. It is mutilation by definition if done without consent.

EDIT: I am glad you and your 'willy' made it however, that ordeal sounds scary.

Deleted
    I guess maybe its more important in hot countries, where sweat might be an issue, but its generally not done in the UK - I remember in the shower at school, some guys had it cut, some didnt - no one gave a fuck. Is it really the case in the USA where people would be shunned for not having abit of skin cut off? - it makes very little difference either way - some doctors are for it, some against it - all i know is my grandfather wasnt cut, my father wasnt, I am not, and my son wont be -

A few points
    *This is NOTHING NOTHING like female genital mutilation. Thats a horrific practice that takes away a functional part of the anatomy designed to keep a woman down. There is no good intentions or benefit perceived or otherwise. It is truly horrific and saying circumcision is like it cheapens the problem woman face and exaggerates this so called issue.

*As someone in the first few posts said, 20 years ago 80% had it done. Its was normal. Most people here should be around that age so it is normal to us. As being the norm, keeping the foreskin was considered abnormal. Its the way we were brought up. I am very happy with my circumcision. It looks better by far if nothing else.
    (I got no fkn idea how Id teach my son to clean it. -To the interweb!)

This is the same I have heard in any conversation. Woman like the circumcised penis. They get the creeps from a circumcised one. Then again I am of the age where most my partners and friends grew up with it. Its the norm. New wave of teens, new way to change the world, its nothing new.
    From a female perspective I wish every guy was circumcised. What guy in their right mind would willingly get it done as an adult?

As for uncircumcised... I admittedly only have one experience and it was a major turn off. Disgusting. ALL of my girlfriends agree with me. Sure you can teach a guy to be clean, and I'm sure some are. But I've seen the way a lot of guys live, and looking at their cleaning habits in public, I doubt it's any different downstairs. For some, not all.

I say keep doing it the way their doing it.

Of course it should, baptism too.

Oh yeah? Well from a male perspective then I wish every woman had breast implants before they are old enough to consent to getting them. They shouldn't even have a say in it, their parents should just go ahead and do it for them since thats what their future romantic partners will desire right? That is all that matters in a relationship ofcourse. A circumcised penis and great big breasts.

How do you like my "male perspective" then ma'am? You obviously must agree with this considering what you just wrote down.

As for uncircumcised... I admittedly only have one experience and it was a major turn off. Disgusting. ALL of my girlfriends agree with me.
    I have had just one experience with a small/medium breasted woman with a modest physique and it was a major turn off. Just plain disgusting how inadequate she was. Why can't all women just get themselves breast implants and liposuction surgery? ALL of my guy friends agree with me. So I must be right.

I am sure you agree with me too of course though right? Considering your words here.

Sure you can teach a guy to be clean, and I'm sure some are. But I've seen the way a lot of guys live, and looking at their cleaning habits in public, I doubt it's any different downstairs. For some, not all. I say keep doing it the way their doing it.
    Sure you can teach a woman to dress and carry herself well, but it just isn't enough and most can't even manage the basics of it right.

I've seen it myself so it must be true of course.

So yeah lets give every unwilling female child breast implants and a lipo procedure. Approved by you and others like yourself of course.

If you haven't caught my blatantly obvious sarcasm yet, I pity the man who chose/will choose you. Congratulations on trying to justify the mutilation of babies so you can find their genitals more attractive when they grow up. You are despicable.
    Last edited by Vokal; 2012-12-08 at 06:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Even after you shower its kind of impossible to be 100% clean if your wearing boxers or something. Regardless of whether or not your circumsized, its something thats hanging out of the body so ofc itl get dirty, if your having sex in a public bathroom or somewhere trashy then dont expect a dick you can eat off ¬_¬.

Most guys jump in the bathroom and clean up before sex anyway and its not like every women smells of summer berries down their either.

Circumcision wouldnt really keep it any more or less clean, it just mutilates a part of your body. I would hate to be circumsized, sex would be alot shittier.
    exactly - who are these people that arent washing their dicks, i mean it seems like a crazy thing to do "pass me that knife so i can cut my cock skin off so i dont have to wash it anymore..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperMechatronGamer View Post

According to Dr Kellogg; circumcision prevents masturbation. He also advocated using acid on the female clitoris to prevent masturbation.

I'm circumcised, and I'm here to tell you; no it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    exactly - who are these people that arent washing their dicks, i mean it seems like a crazy thing to do "pass me that knife so i can cut my cock skin off so i dont have to wash it anymore..."
    I want to know why people think circumcised people don't clean themselves either. I think by better hygiene it just means the moist sweatiness under the foreskin isn't going to be harboring bacteria throughout the day if you don't have it. Nobody is saying they don't clean and wash it anyway.

Deleted
    double post
    Last edited by mmoc71e4faf04c; 2012-12-08 at 06:29 PM. Reason: double post

Quote Originally Posted by watlol View Post
    Quite right.

The arguments [or lack thereof] from the pro-mutilation camp are borderline absurd. The main two are:

1) They wish to cut off a part of the human anatomy from a baby, because 20 years down the line a woman might find it more attractive.
    2) They wish to cut off a part of the human anatomy from a baby, because they can't be bothered to spend 1 minute extra washing their foreskin when in the shower.
    1) No, anyone cutting foreskin off for that reason is not making a good decision.
    2) No, anyone cutting foreskin off for that reason is not making a good decision.

I'm circumcised, I don't care what other women think about it because I was never one trying to get laid. I found a girl I loved, she loved me, we got married and we are happy. The foreskin I don't have isn't an issue. We both get a lot of pleasure with each other and I don't feel like having foreskin would make a difference to us.

Like I said before, also, I hope nobody is saying they don't clean their penis because they're circumcised. I take the better hygiene to mean that the foreskin isn't harboring bacteria in the moist and sweaty environment throughout the rest of the day that you're not showering.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    It depends if the benefits vastly overwhelm the downsides, like with vacination. For female circumcision, I've read have downsides and no benefits in later life. So yeah, female circumcision should definitely be the person's own choice.

But when it comes to males, It's nice that you don't have to clean it as much BUT I've heard that it actually decreases the enjoyment of sex (how much I do not know.)

I'm not circumcised so I cannot give a definite answer to it but females? Yeah definitely own choice.
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm circumcised, and I really don't care honestly. A child can't obviously make it's own decisions, so they must be made for them. No child is going to come out of the womb and say, "Hey, don't circumcise me please!"

I'm glad I'm circumcized. It is nto even remotely similar to female "circumcision".

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Why though? In life how has it affected you in an obviously positive way?
    It looks better
    Its easier to clean
    Feels good
    Same as dad

While these may not be great reasons to do it to a child they are positives circumcised men enjoy.

Deleted
    Sensitive subject, circumcision is more painful if done at a grown age and its better that they get it done at a young age if it has to be done. I'm against circumcision fully myself but its better if its done at a young age then if they take that decision while being a grown man. It also probably have a bigger mental impact if done at a grown age then close to the date of the birth.

10+ Year Old Account
    My location is irrelevant to your interests
    I have thought some more about it and I think I go for it being their own choice later in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by troyus View Post
    It looks better
    Its easier to clean
    Feels good
    Same as dad

While these may not be great reasons to do it to a child they are positives circumcised men enjoy.
    But you're biased to this because you've never experienced NOT being circumcised. Also, there are people who have circumcised later in life, and it is their opinions on this matter that are important. I don't know statistics of people being happy they did it and those who weren't, but I've heard opinions from either side, and it's more balanced than you might think.

But, you know, the grass is always greener.
    (。◔‸◔。✿)

Quote Originally Posted by Someudontno View Post
    I'm circumcised, and I really don't care honestly. A child can't obviously make it's own decisions, so they must be made for them. No child is going to come out of the womb and say, "Hey, don't circumcise me please!"
    The decision doesn't need to be made for them because there is little to no benefit of it.

Besides, if the argument of anti-circumcisioners is that the child should make their own decisions regarding medical procedures, be glad parents are willing to do what they believe is to be in the best interests of their child.
    http://imgur.com/gallery/AmmBp