Just did LFR (Terrace) and was OOM most of the fights

Pretty much what the title says. Not trying to be a debbie downer or complain. Just saying it how it is. I had to ditch my int flask and use a spirit flask in order to make myself somewhat useful. I had to find myself using soothing mist constantly as a chi builder as the other options really hurt as of right now. I'm not trying to complain, I just came here seeking for advice. Some things I'm interested in are the following:

1: Are you guys in the end game (particularly in 25 man guilds) switching your style for how you heal in 25 mans?

2: Reforging more into spirit? Using spirit flasks instead of int flasks? (same for food)

3: Any other advice with how to remain competitive.

I'd love it if this can stay productive and informative vs. a "re-roll bro"

15+ Year Old Account
    Armory link? Or if you logged out in agi gear, what's your passive spirit, trinkets and are you using Jade Spirit on your weapon? (It will provide a better basis for comparison)

I did Sha of Fear and Heart of Fear first 4/6 on Sunday night with my pre-nerf 9k spirit and Relic of Chi-Ji (2/2 upgrade) + Jade Courtesan Figurine (0/2 upgrade) which I click pretty regularly, and found it challenging, but survived. I decided to try regemming for heavier spirit and have like 10.5-11k for raid last night, and it might have been a bit over the top, but I found mana rather trivial. Obviously, it cost me a lot of spell power, but in exchange I was able to do things that never made sense before, like blow mana on surging mists, and still come out alright.

also had you healed much since the rough mana nerf last hotfix (thursday night)?

I'm in Ilvl 492 and can still oom in LFR using spi flask and food since the average other healer is just slower enough that I can steal stuff and have fun pushing numbers...

To be honest though pre mana nerf, 10m MWs would run spi flasks while 25m MWs would run int just because in 25m the role of "aoe healer" was far far more cut to the point where they would hardly do any spot healing aka sub pure hps optimal stuff.

After the nerf, I would dare saying everyone is back to spirit flask regardless. The bigger change between organised 10m and organised 25m is the significantly increased use of chi burst(over tfted uplifts) and SCK(over jabs or now some SoMs). Both of which are fairly painful to use in LFR sadly enough.

The best suggestion I've been giving out with regards to mana issues was to unglyph mana tea and abuse low hps periods (especially shortly after pulls on many encounters) to build up tea charges in a "mana positive way" (aka almost only SoM+spenders, ReM if it will not mostly go to overhealing). It has changed my playstyle a lot in our 10m progression and while I find it painful through the execute phase of certain encounters, it is still generally more beneficial than anything and I will likely retain that playstyle unless somehow we turn into 25m hms.

Deleted
    I dont see the benefit of reforging into spirit (might work). But definately dont flask into spirit unless you dont have to use Surging Mists alot. If more spirit means less heals means more Surging Mists you are most likely loosing out on HPS.

I'm sorry, what? I don't see what Surging Mists has to do with anything, in a perfect world (aka 25M), you will never be using it since you are assigned to AoE healing, which atm is only limited by mana and not by time.

As for an answer to OP, I'm running 10.3K spirit non-buffed with 2/2 Chi-Ji and 0/2 on use spirit trinket (macro'd into Mana Tea). I'm not using Ascendance either. Generally flask/food int unless mana is an issue on a fight, eg. Garalon. My spirit proc trinkets are a no-brainer for me. Oh, I'm doing 25m normal.
    It's more of a "know when to heal" change, instead of a "spam your Jab" rotation like you could easily do earlier. It's very easy to build MT stacks on down-phases for when you need them later, unless a Tsulong fight where there's no downtime, but there you have the mana return. Fights like Wind Lord, make sure you have TFT up as you're going into Rain of Blades, stuff like that. Know when damage is incoming and adapt.

Just don't forget to use Expel Harm on CD, mana cost is the same as 5.0 so cheapest Chi generator.
    I generally go for gear that has spirit so can't reforge. If it doesn't have spi (like tier legs), reforge mastery away.
    Go for 2nd haste cap (courtesy of Affinity: "If you reforge IN Wise Serpent, get 4722 haste. If you are NOT in Wise Serpent, reforge for 3148 -- this + 5% Haste buff is the 11th RM tick"), after that stack crit.
    I hardly ever use SCK, although I probably should more. I just tend to stay in the old model of jabbing for chi.

As for terrace specific, there's hardly any healing on the first fight, unless people stand in ugly shit (which they will on LFR), hard to compensate for "sudden" damage, but you can try and see who takes damage and RM them hoping they will take damage again next time.
    Tsulong is hard, you'll be stressed between raidhealing the first part and bosshealing the day phase. Make sure you stand in the breath and Life Cocoon about 2-3s before the cast is up, have 3 Chi ready and cast Soothing Mist, then Enveloping Mist, spam Surging 2-3 times and Enveloping just as your debuff runs out (the bonus healing stays for the duration of the HoT).
    Lei Chi is mostly tank damage if done properly, I pick up Chi Wave for this because of it. Another way is Eminence healing, and during "Get Away!", you can SCK in the melee, since this is the only real raid damage phase.
    Sha of Fear is trying to get to about 50% mana when you go to the side platforms (although totally out of your control when that happens). Over there, pick up orbs for mana while building up your mana tea stacks with Jab. Only did this on 10m normal, but could keep my party alive over there with RM, and just Eminence healing, and Xuen. If shit gets bad (you get a fear just as people take damage), Revival gets everyone topped because it doesnt diminish as much with fewer people.

15+ Year Old Account
    In lfr I normally just keep RnM on tanks, and uplift when the hots are spread a bit. I do use SCK if my mana is ok. You have to drink your tea on cooldown, and use expel harm on cooldown as well. And I am using my new best friend Chi Torpedoo, which is really good because most people stack on LFR(even when they're not supposed to be). If there is heavy tank damage, I will use SoM and surging mist, but I try not to go crazy with it.

With a decent about of mana AND drinking your tea on cooldown, you shouldn't really go oom until the end of a boss fight.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Yeah.. I finished Empress in LFR last night pretty oom. I had to stop healing completely on the second transition phase just to make sure that I had mana going into the final phase. Granted, my gear is not great. No enchants with an ilevel of 460 and 4 pvp pieces without any spirit on them AND two really bad trinkets :P

It sucks now, but I think it will get better as I replace those pieces. I was pulling 40k hps for a good while before the second transition. I really am upset about all the nerfs, but I'm determined to find a way to heal with this char lol. It is meant to be my second main.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    ilevel of 460
    I thought you needed 461 to queue for Heart of Fear...

Furthermore, if you're scraping the bottom of the gear requirements, don't have good secondary stat allocations, don't have enchants, and you're running out of mana, that's not a problem with the class. It'd be a problem with the class if you weren't running out of mana, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    I thought you needed 461 to queue for Heart of Fear...

Furthermore, if you're scraping the bottom of the gear requirements, don't have good secondary stat allocations, don't have enchants, and you're running out of mana, that's not a problem with the class. It'd be a problem with the class if you weren't running out of mana, actually.
    460 is my MW gear. I'm 471 ilevel total with WW gear include, hence I can get in :P

Here's my char if you wanna see.. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Hyo/advanced

I'm not so much complaining as to just what I am observing. Like it has been pointed out, but not very often, I think the spec can be some what viable. It's just the place style is completly different now.

Hopefully there will be some slight buffs coming in the near future though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    Yeah.. I finished Empress in LFR last night pretty oom. I had to stop healing completely on the second transition phase just to make sure that I had mana going into the final phase. Granted, my gear is not great. No enchants with an ilevel of 460 and 4 pvp pieces without any spirit on them AND two really bad trinkets :P

It sucks now, but I think it will get better as I replace those pieces. I was pulling 40k hps for a good while before the second transition. I really am upset about all the nerfs, but I'm determined to find a way to heal with this char lol. It is meant to be my second main.
    No kidding, you're severely undergeared... =p

A silver lining to the change, is that it's no longer as punishing to use Surging Mist. Previously it was so mana inefficient relative to everything else, that it made sense to trim the spirit and pump intellect for big, efficient AoE heals. Now that our AoE heals do less healing and cost more mana, the relative cost of using Surging Mist has gone down.

Combine the higher relative value and efficiency of Surging Mist with the increased chi generation of Soothing Mist, and our tank healing is much more in line relative to our AoE healing. I don't think we necessarily have to be pigeonholed as raid healers anymore.