Deleted

Help with resto basics

Hello, i just got a SoR shaman and have went restoration as i have been wanting to play one for awhile. I am wondering if anyone can point me to a good basics of shaman and resto in particular guide(s) or give me some tips on how to learn and get used to the class. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.icy-veins.com/restoration...-healing-guide

I'm sure there is a sticky post in this forum as well if you look up top.

Deleted
    Thanks ill take a look and just about to start reading the sticky thats here

Deleted

Deleted
    ^ this everytime

After 3 minutes of that video I want to blow my head off.

Basic pointers.

Keep earth shield on the tank
    cast riptide on cooldown
    use healing rain if people are stacking

Deleted
    As has been mentioned above there a few key points that if you do them gets your 90% of the way to being a good Resto Shaman

Gear:

• Wear Mail with Intellect and Spirit. On nearly all occasions a higher ilv piece will be better than a lower level one irrellevant of secondary stats
    • Ensure you have at least 871 Haste Rating, for additional ticks of Healing Rain, Earthliving and Riptide
    • After that focus on gaining additional Crit or Mastery, it basically doesn't matter which
    • At lower gear levels just gem Spirit in everything. With +120 Int or Spirit bonus match sockets.

Glyphs:

• Healing Wave
    • Healing Stream Totem
    • Totemic Recall

Talents:

• T1: Astral Shift (if the fight has a massive damage mechanic), Stone Bulwark Totem (if the fight has constant raid damage)
    • T2: Windwalk Totem (if the fight has a troublesome mechanic which can be removed with this), if not then Earthgrab Totem (especially in fights with adds)
    • T3: Call of the Elements
    • T4: Ancestral Swiftness, or if the fight has intense burst healing requirements and gear is enough to reach first haste breakpoint Elemental Mastery
    • T5 Healing Tide Totem
    • T6: Unleashed Fury (for high single target damage fights), Primal Elementalist (for high AoE damage fights)

Healing:

• Keep Earth Shield on a tank (that's getting hit!) all the time
    • Keep Water Shield up on yourself all the time
    • Keep Earthliving on your weapon
    • Use Riptide (unglyphed) on cooldown
    • Use Healing Stream Totem on cooldown
    • Use Healing Wave if light single target damage is going out
    • Use Greater Healing Wave if large single target damage is going out
    • Use Healing Surge is someone would die in the time it takes to cast any of the above
    • Use Unleash Elements then Healing Rain if multiple people need healing and are stacked together (and will stay there)
    • Use Chain Heal if multiple people are stacked and need light healing
    • Use Uleash Elements if you have to move and Riptide is on cooldown

Cooldowns:

• Use Mana Tide Totem when you are below 80% mana (and there isn't upcoming regen time in the fight)
    • Use Healing Tide Totem when the raid needs massive amounts of healing
    • Use Ascendance when the raid takes a large amount of damage. Ideally only pop this when Riptide is up on 3 people and Healing Rain has just been cast
    • Use Spirit Link Totem when the raid is grouped up and taking damage (especially high single target damage)
    • Use Primal Elementalist (if talented) when large AoE healing is needed
    • Use Spiritwalker's Grace if you need to move for an extended period of time and the raid still needs healing

Advanced Tips:

• Use an addon like WeakAuras to help keep track of all the above
    • Use cooldowns early and often
    • Use Totemic Recall (Glyphed) just before Healing Stream Totem is about to finish to gain the mana back

Best of luck!
    Last edited by mmoc03cd81e90d; 2012-12-11 at 04:33 PM.

What Amex said covers most things. I've recently gotten into shaman healing as off-spec so I can be more useful in our raid group, and anything and everything I've researched he just said, plus a few more things I was unsure about.

So listen to him! Excellent tips.

Deleted
    I'll guess this is about PvE?