Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Season 3 Jungle LIVE!

Personally loving it, even though they stated early game presence was too much in season 1 and 2, I feel absolutely no difference. Also, using Nasus/Ryze/Draven in jungle is really fun :].

This build for Evelynn gets rid of enemy teams by the way, there's nothing that can compare as far as I've tested.

Havent tried jungling so far, been playing support like crazy but the new spirit items seem interesting.

I really do like the new items, now at least we have a fair choice for pretty much everyone. Support items are amazing.
    For masteries, I think defense tree is a bit too strong and utility doesn't offer much for non-supports :/
    I'm not a jungler so can't comment on it, but not worrying about these crazy early ganks lets you focus more on your own lane. Cool.

So long Heart of Gold...my jungle Shen will miss you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StNimrod View Post
    I really do like the new items, now at least we have a fair choice for pretty much everyone. Support items are amazing.
    For masteries, I think defense tree is a bit too strong and utility doesn't offer much for non-supports :/
    I'm not a jungler so can't comment on it, but not worrying about these crazy early ganks lets you focus more on your own lane. Cool.
    You should still worry. Mundo red start can still gank at level 2 easily with the boots nerf.

Tried Nocturne in the new jungle, hadn't played him in a while and was always frustrated by how he never felt like a true assassin because of the low farm in the jungle. Had an absolute blast with him today!, really let me build more assassiny (if that's even a word) rather then off-tanky bruiser.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still starting boots with Shaco for the early gank. Can't convince me otherwise.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Just thought I'd try the new Jungle with my old favourite Skarner.

I decided to try out the new items and see how well they worked (instead of sticking to what I knew).

I've gone a hybrid build taking:
    to ArP in Offence
    to Ar and Mr and Veterans Scars in Defence
    to Biscuiteer in Utility.
    Standard jungle rune page.

Started with the Hunters Machete and 5 pots (+ Total Biscuit's rocking Biscuit).

Cleared blue first with a significant leash from mid and top. Went wolves>wraiths>golems>Lizard (after killing him I was still only 3, had used all 5 pots). I was pretty wounded but I managed to gank mid at this point (thanks to my trusty biscuit).

Spent the whole game having mana issues owing to a different item path from usual. Once I got the upgraded Spirit Stone (+Giant's Belt) I was untouchable in the jungle and pretty tanky in lane. Cycling through the items to find my Aegis was a bit of a pain, but finding it had a 3rd level upgrade made me smile (more of the same stats, but hey... ty Riot).

Not sure how to deal with these jungle changes now.

For fun... I'm interested in trying the new Manamune on Skarner though. Constant attacks stack the mana pretty quick which results in a nice amount of AD and the bonus damage once it transforms looks kinda fun.

Deleted
    Just got home from work, preparing dinner as we speak to hopefully get a chance of jungling (Skarner <3) before going to work (yet again) later this evening. Can't wait to try it out for several hours tomorrow at least! :P

@Cyphran about your Skarner mana issues; how is he compared to S2? Because I didn't have -that- much of mana issues in S2, so I hope he's not becoming more mana relient -- maybe Sheen should be prioritized faster now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    Just got home from work, preparing dinner as we speak to hopefully get a chance of jungling (Skarner <3) before going to work (yet again) later this evening. Can't wait to try it out for several hours tomorrow at least! :P

@Cyphran about your Skarner mana issues; how is he compared to S2? Because I didn't have -that- much of mana issues in S2, so I hope he's not becoming more mana relient -- maybe Sheen should be prioritized faster now?
    He uses a bit more mana, but with Blue buff you should be fine. I take the mana regen mastery and with Spirit stone it's like getting philo on him, mana is no longer an issue.

I'm going 0/23/7 for my basic jungle page. Takes most of the good stuff in Defense and gives you the SS CDR from utility.
    Here is my lolking profile. Page 8 is the page I plan on using for most junglers.

So are masteries like 9/21 or 21/9 or 0/21/9 no longer mandatory/standard? I'm having a tough time deciding myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was what they were hoping for. Time will tell if they managed to nail it.

Oh, in that case, it's a change that I'm interested in. Just going "oh, you know, standard 21/9 blah blah" is incredibly boring.

Deleted
    Had a skarner game, could not gank before 6...i was really bad, gave blu to mid so had mana issues after 1st jungle.
    Used cyphran build mostly.
    We won cause they surrended.

The frozen fist item on skarner is silly good, very much worth building.

I only have had faster clears with Olaf if I can land my axes perfectly and Diana (who is OP).

He is a bit mana hungry early, but don't spam shield. You don't really need it for wraiths or wolves, now that wolves don't crit as hard once you have spirit stone you just have a slightly toned down Philo. Philo still exists, so if you have a problem with mana - buy a philo.

I went 0/21/9, but I honestly think I could use less in defense and more in utility, because spell vamp, biscuits, buff duration, etc all look fantastic.

My general build was Machete and pots, (could insert philo here), sheen/boots/giants belt (your call) into glacial shroud, boots2 finish up the fist item, wit's end or some defensive item, boots 3. He becomes unstoppable once you get that new fist item against heavy AD teams.

Item I'm talkin about : http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Iceborn_Gauntlet

Jungle ryze testing going well so far, hopefully will be trying it in team 5v5 soon

Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post

Why would you get a Sheen if you could just get a Glacial Shroud instead?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Jungle ryze testing going well so far, hopefully will be trying it in team 5v5 soon
    ...wait, what?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    ...wait, what?
    Any hard hitting character is viable in jungle now. Teemo Jungle is wicked due to a blind from the bushes. Many people (including myself) are getting away with very.....odd jungle picks.

Hmmmm... Gunna jungle FATMAN now.... ;-)