Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    From a bit of testing, Fiora doesn't get totally raped in the jungle as how was predicted. It is kinda iffy until you get an early Bloodrazor, but then it's pretty smooth sailing from there. I do keep forgetting that her parry doesn't work on the small jungle monsters.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Anyone got a list of viable unconventional, and most effective jungle champs so far?

Want to see what my options are.

Deleted
    Tried nautilus jungle vs bot (so noone) and got lvl 6 in almost 7 minutes, no hp or mana problems, same with nocturne, as Noc should be much better maybe I'm doing something wrong but I know that Nautilus shield has been buffed btw, is it right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    Tried nautilus jungle vs bot (so noone) and got lvl 6 in almost 7 minutes, no hp or mana problems, same with nocturne, as Noc should be much better maybe I'm doing something wrong but I know that Nautilus shield has been buffed btw, is it right?
    7:40 on Trundle with one return to base for Spirit Stone + Boots. Ran into respawn timer issues on him, but his sustain was pretty darn good, especially once he got Spirit Stone.

3:50~55 for hitting level 4 with double buff.

Seems odd that you would have the same clear on Nautilus, who is probably *THE* slowest jungler, and Nocturne who just violates it. Might have to do with runes and masteries though.

Also yeah, Naut shield was buffed. Was a needed buff, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Anyone got a list of viable unconventional, and most effective jungle champs so far?

Want to see what my options are.
    So far some AP work well due to there insane dps. Cassio can actually pull it off well, but tbh the game I played it was a rolf stomp by are bot lane who wrecked everything that came near them, so I cant comment on it been good or not due to how big a carry it was by them (btw lots of armor needed).

Fiddle I suppose is unconventional but no suprise in him able to do it ok. Pro teams have been using nid, not tried it myself mainly due to not liking her pre-6 as a champion. Singed does an ok job. Yorick it better then before without question but again one game does not make me an expert he can clear it ok at any rate.

Now on to my special one RYZE!!!!. Ya testing went well for him, real game not so much:P He can actually clear the jungle, but if you get counter jungled pre-4 or just you are dead, you cannot afford to level W lvl 3 and try to clear. So unless they come in just as you hit 3 don't expect to get out alive.

Lastly, AD janna, worked in season 2 jungle , still works here, it is bad but my duo pattern has a 100% win rate with it in 7 games.... dont ask me, he was low elo at the time.

Deleted
    Tested irelia, slower, reached 6 on 7.40 but I'm not expert guys so I'm probably doing something wrong with runes or masteries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nocturne, 7:30 for lvl 6
    Ran 18/12 on him and went home once for a Spirit Stone. Ran into massive problems with respawn timers on him, which easily cost me 15 seconds if not more.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Seems odd that you would have the same clear on Nautilus, who is probably *THE* slowest jungler, and Nocturne who just violates it. Might have to do with runes and masteries though.

Also yeah, Naut shield was buffed. Was a needed buff, really.
    Yes but I had no breaks, I mean the spawning time of the mobs is that so I couldn't be faster I guess, not much at least...what's ur fastest time for lvl 6 without ganks?

10+ Year Old Account
    So these were my junglers in s2, wich one should I keep playing?
    Amumu
    Nautilus
    Nocturne
    Skarner
    Eve
    Shyvanna

And, is Leona viable now?

Did Jarvan became much stronger?
    Leona is not viable. Not sure on J4 because I never play him.

From your list, only Eve is no longer good in the jungle. The rest have either stayed the same or gotten better.

Has anyone tested out Twitch in the new jungle? Is he even viable anymore? If so what were your times like and what did you run?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulandia View Post
    Has anyone tested out Twitch in the new jungle? Is he even viable anymore? If so what were your times like and what did you run?
    He fell out of favor as a jungler with his rework in S2, so don't expect him to fare any better.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    I. FUCKING. LOVE. NOCT. JUNGLE!

Holy craB I swear that shit is build with Nocturne in mind.

Going 19/11 with 5x hpots and machete. Going wolves -> golem (smite) -> wraiths -> dbl golems -> red (smite) -> wraiths = lvl 4 in no time, rushing through the camps. With lvl 2 Q, 1x W & E ready to gank with 360ish movement speed, 40-50% hp with 0 pots left. If one of the lanes is getting heavily pushed, its also possible to gank after wraiths (1st time kill).

Just had a game I carried so hard because of Nocts incredible snowballing; Ghostblade, Zephyr, Frozen Mallet, Berserkers Greaves, Statikk Shiv & Wriggles. 3000 hp with 280ish AD, 1.99~ attack speed and a nasty 475 movement speed. In other games where I don't snowball that fast, I usually like to pick up an Aegis instead of either the Shiv or the Zephyr (depending on team combs CC).

Also tried out Fiddle jungle for a little, and that seems to have improved as well.

Overall I'm very happy about the recent jungle changes & items )

Deleted
    Decided to give the new jungle a try in a bot game. Must say its quite a lot of fun. Went as Udyr with tiger stance and Machete, and the clearing speed was amazing. Heck, level two ganks are fully possible with him.
    Went a random buildpath with wriggles -> merc threads -> icebound gauntlets. Considering if i should squeeze in an early philosophers. You dont really get a realistic gold overview in a bot game where you can successfully gank like a madman. Atleast i got to see what the new jungle was about.

Also, damn, icebound gauntlets are awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for the Shaco post.

Started with boots and 3 health pots because it's quite possible with Shaco to do so and still be able to farm efficiently. Wraiths>Red>Gank mid (usually)>blue (smite)>wolves>etc.

I've found that since Attack Damage does better in the early game that replacing my ArP marks and putting 6 AD marks (3 ArP) worked loads better, I might just try it with 9 AD marks in the end. He seems quite strong currently due to his "hunt the enemy jungler". My map awareness as a jungler is a quite good and with new jungle changes I've wrecked quite a few junglers attacking camps on their side. They really seem to have less health due to the harder jungle and I love that as Shaco, deceive>turret>kill.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    So now that it seems like the melee AD carries can jungle to at least fair success, what's the preferable path build after Machete? Spirit Stones seem good overall, but Madred's/Wriggles may serve better for them. Seems like Madred's would be preferable on Fiora, Spirit Stone on Master Yi, and I don't know what Tryndamere would take, leaning towards Madred's on Trynd though.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Time for the Shaco post.

Started with boots and 3 health pots because it's quite possible with Shaco to do so and still be able to farm efficiently. Wraiths>Red>Gank mid (usually)>blue (smite)>wolves>etc.

I've found that since Attack Damage does better in the early game that replacing my ArP marks and putting 6 AD marks (3 ArP) worked loads better, I might just try it with 9 AD marks in the end. He seems quite strong currently due to his "hunt the enemy jungler". My map awareness as a jungler is a quite good and with new jungle changes I've wrecked quite a few junglers attacking camps on their side. They really seem to have less health due to the harder jungle and I love that as Shaco, deceive>turret>kill.
    Nice to see that the Shaco terrors will once again return to solo queue.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-12-07 at 05:33 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Tested irelia, slower, reached 6 on 7.40 but I'm not expert guys so I'm probably doing something wrong with runes or masteries.
    Thanks for testing.
    In this case you'd go for defensive masteries with attack speed/defensive runes.
    Make her W go hard and fast by leveling it to 2 early.
    Buy a Machete, boots, razor, merc thread.
    Merc threads on Irelia + that Tenacity mastery = damn near unstunnable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roos View Post
    I. FUCKING. LOVE. NOCT. JUNGLE!

Holy craB I swear that shit is build with Nocturne in mind.

Going 19/11 with 5x hpots and machete. Going wolves -> golem (smite) -> wraiths -> dbl golems -> red (smite) -> wraiths = lvl 4 in no time, rushing through the camps. With lvl 2 Q, 1x W & E ready to gank with 360ish movement speed, 40-50% hp with 0 pots left. If one of the lanes is getting heavily pushed, its also possible to gank after wraiths (1st time kill).

Just had a game I carried so hard because of Nocts incredible snowballing; Ghostblade, Zephyr, Frozen Mallet, Berserkers Greaves, Statikk Shiv & Wriggles. 3000 hp with 280ish AD, 1.99~ attack speed and a nasty 475 movement speed. In other games where I don't snowball that fast, I usually like to pick up an Aegis instead of either the Shiv or the Zephyr (depending on team combs CC).

Also tried out Fiddle jungle for a little, and that seems to have improved as well.

Overall I'm very happy about the recent jungle changes & items )
    Ok can u give me all the infos?
    Runes and masteries? I guess 19/11 is the masteries but just to be sure....exactly how?

10+ Year Old Account
    I played Nocturne jungle last night and oh god is he powerful, needless to say we could have probably won the game (I was fed like no tomorrow) if our support Leona would understand that as tank she should have gone in first. Otherwise Nocturne feels a bit powerful.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Nocturne, 7:30 for lvl 6
    Ran 18/12 on him and went home once for a Spirit Stone. Ran into massive problems with respawn timers on him, which easily cost me 15 seconds if not more.
    So, they basically redesigned it to force more ganking attempts?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.