Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

I'm embarrassed to admit that...

As someone whose main was never mage, I recently switched to playing my mage full time this xpac since he was the only horde I had and wanted a new perspective this time around (The Garrosh Vol'Jin story line certainly helped me make this choice as well.)

But I'm embarrassed to admit that I hadn't quite grasped the whole "timing your pet freeze right before frostbomb ticks off for massive damage" until VERY recently...namely while I was doing Tillers dailies, I had a bomb on a little ookin' monkey pack and laid out a pet nova...and voila...I was simply amazed. And seconds later, filled with shame that my so-called main had been underperforming for so long due to not understanding a core mechanic of my class/spec. :-P

What are you embarrassed to admit about your character, class or general game knowledge?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Get real bro, if walkers bite Daryl, they become Daryl's.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think would best for the mage forum as I'm not personally familar with Mages. but maybe someone else can help you out.
    Sorry if my comment is useless or un-helpful to the bind your in .
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

"What are you embarrassed to admit about your character, class or general game knowledge?"
    "We live in a world where a style of play that uses posession and passing to try and make spaces is made fun of.
    While a style of play where a team sits back for 90 minutes and breaks away in 1v1 situations is respected."
    - Ronald Koeman.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I think would best for the mage forum as I'm not personally familar with Mages. but maybe someone else can help you out.
    Sorry if my comment is useless or un-helpful to the bind your in .
    No, no, friend...I think you may have missed the point of this thread.

I NOW understand the mechanic and am not in any real bind...the thread is a general discussion because I want to know ANYONE's personal experience where they facepalmed themselves after realizing something simple about their class, or the game in general. I merely gave my own example to start the ball rolling, so to speak :-P

Deleted
    I was embarrassed that I spent 3-4 months playing holy pala without using seals or divine plea :P it was my first few months playing the game at max level, but still pretty embarrassing.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It took me a while to realize that you had to put your diseases on your target THEN use blood strike/obliterate/whatever when I was first playing a death knight.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Been playing on my hunter pretty much non-stop since MoP shipped... I still back away from my target if it gets close because, you know, minimum range.

I was embarrassed to learn of an additional boss in Blackfathom Deeps (the underwater one) after seven years of playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by furriusmurrius View Post
    No, no, friend...I think you may have missed the point of this thread.

I NOW understand the mechanic and am not in any real bind...the thread is a general discussion because I want to know ANYONE's personal experience where they facepalmed themselves after realizing something simple about their class, or the game in general. I merely gave my own example to start the ball rolling, so to speak :-P
    Oh my bad, My most embrassing moment in WoW was back in Classic were I didn't understand how to do Herbalism than someone showed me.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    I was embarrassed to learn of an additional boss in Blackfathom Deeps (the underwater one) after seven years of playing
    Ooh, thats a good one. I learned just the other day that there is apparently a way to circumvent the small 'platforming' section in the beginning because a hunter kept failing at the first jump...the priest was just like "go over there and go the long way around". I didn't say anything in the group but I was like... "...long way? :-/"

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't happen at max level but when I was leveling my hunter which is nowadays my main, I got to like lvl 30ish with BM spec till I realized I have a skill called Bestial Wrath in my spell book. Oops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have any stories about myself, not because I wasn't ever ignorant -- I'm sure there are plenty of derp moments from me in classic -- but I just can't remember them. So instead I will tell two pertaining to people who began playing WoW because of me:

• I had a friend who didn't realise you could shift+click stacks of things to purchase/sell/trade/buy in partial quantities... until Wrath. He began playing in late-classic!
    • My father who didn't realise talent points even existed until his character level 40+ (nothing in the game tells you!) and might have gone even longer if I hadn't noticed.

I feel responsible for them, as if they were my own mistakes, since I was the one introducing them to and teaching them the game, and these are not things you really learn without reading somewhere or having someone tell you.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I didn't start using DoTs on my Warlock until like.. level 40 (leveled during BC). I thought they were stupid and barely did any damage, so all I would do was Shadowbolt spam. Yes. Nothing but Shadowbolt for 40-50 levels. I look back at that and facepalm hard.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

My Hunter in Vanilla leveled to 46 almost entirely melee.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Alot of things have happened over the years so can't recall them all but I do remember joining a guild on my elemental shaman and people would be /w me "hey are you coming to naxx25 tonight??" etc because they wanted the buffs I brought (which back then were pretty awesome due to only elemental shamans having them) so anyways, after about 3 or 4 raids I realised I didn't even have the max rank of Totem of Wrath (I think that was the name) first rank was 5% 2nd was 10%.......

I actually couldn't believe they didn't notice either, since that was the only reason they wanted me there! Oh how many times stuff like this must have happened when we all had to manually train each and every single rank of spells as we leveled......oh the agony

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm embarrassed to admit I was a relentless troll, serial ganker, and general prick back in TBC.

Now, tortured by my dark past, I use my knowledge of these evils to fight against them. I'm like the Angel of the Internet.

On my first character in Vanilla, and Enhancement shaman, I didn't take the Stormstrike talent until level 58 (available at 40, iirc). I primarily used Lightning Bolt and Earth Shock to kill things.

Recent: I just restarted playing WoW about a month ago, after a year and a half long break. Since I hadn't read up, I was unfamiliar with certain class changes. You know, such as the fact that Rogue poisons are now in the spell book, not in your bags. Or that Hunters no longer use melee weapons and equip their gun/bow/ w/e instead.

Spent a whole goddamn hour looking for my Rogue's poisons, and died twice because I couldn't figure out for the life of me why my Hunter wouldn't get an Arcane Shot off. I damn near put in a ticket over that shit.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea what an elite mob was until around level 30. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't kill a mob of the same or a lesser level.

Also, I was a clicker until the end of TBC.

When I first started playing a priest mid BC I never used Vampiric Touch on non boss mobs because I thought it cost too much mana. I also remember never using any CDs at all because I never knew if I would need them in the upcoming 30s-5m CD that they had.
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me