Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only things we know of Shara are that people there can channel but are more wilders then those in the rest of the world. It is suggested that they won't have any impact on the Last Battle and that their whole political system is built based off a sequential system called The Will of the Pattern where every several years the rulers are replaced. The two current monarchs are pets of Graendal apparently.

Deleted
    I'm preparing for the new book by buying them all then re-reading them once again. Gonna be nice to have all the books myself instead of getting them from friends and librarys all the time :3

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The only things we know of Shara are that people there can channel but are more wilders then those in the rest of the world. It is suggested that they won't have any impact on the Last Battle and that their whole political system is built based off a sequential system called The Will of the Pattern where every several years the rulers are replaced. The two current monarchs are pets of Graendal apparently.
    The only reason that I even think it has a chance is due to how often it is mentioned, its been mentioned in 5 or 6 of the 13 books so far.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd think that if Demandred was involved with Shara, that Graendal would know about it. She as much as the other Chosen have been unsure of where he is hiding, and like I said, Graendal has their two current monarchs as her pets under Compulsion.

15+ Year Old Account
    so to help hype us all up, i want to see what everyone thinks the main cast should be if they do (hopefully WHEN they do) make a movie series out of these books.
    all i can say is it will bloody be the most expensive cast ive ever seen.

the only two "foregone conclusions" for cast members ive seen are -
    Moiraine - Rachel Weiss
    Thom - Sam Elliot

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously hope they never do a film version. Even animated I doubt they could get enough budjet for it to be good. The special effects etc they'd need for non animation budjet they'd need they wouldn't even get from HBO.
    I also think that a lot of some important thought processes would disappear.

I really don't understand the whole "I like this book, let's make amovie out of it" mentality.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there is a film in the pipeline for Eye of the World. A TV series would in retrospect, make far more sense, but the budget just to cover the first 3 books would blow a film like Avatar out of the water financially.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently there is a film in the pipeline for Eye of the World. A TV series would in retrospect, make far more sense, but the budget just to cover the first 3 books would blow a film like Avatar out of the water financially.
    I just hope if there is a TV show, its NOT made to be turned into a joke series like The Sword of Truth series was. Thats what I was most afraid of when I heard it was being made by the Raimi who did Hercules/Xena. And near the end, the series did seem like it could have happened in the same timeframe of Xena instead of its own world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trotdawg2k View Post
    I just hope if there is a TV show, its NOT made to be turned into a joke series like The Sword of Truth series was. Thats what I was most afraid of when I heard it was being made by the Raimi who did Hercules/Xena. And near the end, the series did seem like it could have happened in the same timeframe of Xena instead of its own world.
    oh god if they do a tv series i hope HBO does it and they get it friggen right, like they did with Game of Thrones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    oh god if they do a tv series i hope HBO does it and they get it friggen right, like they did with Game of Thrones.
    Perhaps... there are far, far more subtleties involved with the Wheel of Time than Game of Thrones. With GoT, all you have to do is show how evil everything is. Wheel of Time, especially the first book, is far more akin to the Lord of the Rings in terms of being an epic adventure. Not to mention, considering that saidar and saidin are supposed to be invisible to the vast majority of people, and one of them invisible always, it will be considerably hard to put them in in the later books when more of the main characters begin using them.

Not to mention, considering the fan base behind Wheel of Time and the fact that your stopping points are pretty much after Eye of the World and then the end of the entire series... going beyond season 1 would require an absolutely massive commitment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Perhaps... there are far, far more subtleties involved with the Wheel of Time than Game of Thrones. With GoT, all you have to do is show how evil everything is. Wheel of Time, especially the first book, is far more akin to the Lord of the Rings in terms of being an epic adventure. Not to mention, considering that saidar and saidin are supposed to be invisible to the vast majority of people, and one of them invisible always, it will be considerably hard to put them in in the later books when more of the main characters begin using them.

Not to mention, considering the fan base behind Wheel of Time and the fact that your stopping points are pretty much after Eye of the World and then the end of the entire series... going beyond season 1 would require an absolutely massive commitment.
    true there is a lot more subtlety to the Wheel of Time, and stopping points would be harder to come across, taht is why i would rather aim for making Movies. just make each book into 1 or 2 movies (or in some cases they could roll several books into 1 movie).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Each movie would have to be at least 3 hours in length in order to do it right. A lot of what Robert Jordan writes is descriptive, so you could probably knock a third of the text out of the books in film. Not to mention The Eye of the World alone would have to briefly cover New Spring because the whole series is based so much around the birth of Rand and it wouldn't make sense later on down the line, to have many moments where the past is part of the story. Besides, it would make it easier for someone who hasn't read the books to watch the movie if they covered that part of the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    this review only makes the next 16 days even more painful.

http://www.dragonmount.com/index.php...-robert-jordan

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently much of the book is war, since it's the final confrontation between good and evil. Will the Wheel stop turning and the Dark One victorious, or will the Dragon be able to stop the Shadow from the ultimate destruction of the world? There are far too many questions and not enough answers. I am impatiently waiting for the book at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently much of the book is war, since it's the final confrontation between good and evil. Will the Wheel stop turning and the Dark One victorious, or will the Dragon be able to stop the Shadow from the ultimate destruction of the world? There are far too many questions and not enough answers. I am impatiently waiting for the book at this point.
    likewise. very much likewise. and i bloody want to know what happens to Rand.

I would really like to see what happens with Moridin. Being the only 'Chosen' who used logic to join the Shadow, he seems to be the one that would be able to be turned to the Light if the right facts are shown to him. This isn't anything I have thought about extensively though, I just think of him more of a wild card and that excites me.

One theory I do have is that somehow, the use of the power will be taken away in the end. I think this because of how Robert Jordan had been sliding references from our world into this world. I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that the world we live in is that world, just on a different point of the wheel. Once again I don't have much to back this up, just me speculating. ^^

All I can say for sure is how excited I am for this book, and how pissed everyone I know is going to be when I drop off the face of the Earth on January 8th.
    "Being polite to a person is not a sign of respect for them. It is merely a sign of a good upbringing and a balanced nature."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemorte View Post
    I would really like to see what happens with Moridin. Being the only 'Chosen' who used logic to join the Shadow, he seems to be the one that would be able to be turned to the Light if the right facts are shown to him. This isn't anything I have thought about extensively though, I just think of him more of a wild card and that excites me.

One theory I do have is that somehow, the use of the power will be taken away in the end. I think this because of how Robert Jordan had been sliding references from our world into this world. I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear that the world we live in is that world, just on a different point of the wheel. Once again I don't have much to back this up, just me speculating. ^^

All I can say for sure is how excited I am for this book, and how pissed everyone I know is going to be when I drop off the face of the Earth on January 8th.
    I think Moridin is going to side with Rand. i donno, call it gut instinct, but i see him swapping.
    btw nice quote.

---------- Post added 2012-12-25 at 12:49 PM ----------

My parents just brought my anxiety level for this book to extreme levels when they handed me a reciept for a pre order for christmas...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    We are now 9 days away from the release. I'm so excited, and I just can't fight it

15+ Year Old Account
    We are now 9 days away from the release. I'm so excited, and I just can't fight it
    DAMN YOU AND YOUR COUNTING DAYS...your making me even more antsy then i already am...

10+ Year Old Account
    Nine days huh?

Shit, and I'm only at Shadow Rising in my re-read.
    Putin khuliyo