Poll: Opinions?

Page 5 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    Perhaps I'm biased, because I want very much to have children.
    So fucking what? I very much want to have sex. I don't get to have control over other people's bodies based on things I really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    I just think, that a man should be able to see his kid born, if the woman he had consenting sex with doesn't. Maybe I'm not making myself clear on how difficult this would be to do for the man, because it is indeed the woman's body, so it would not be for the faint of heart.
    I don't give a shit how difficult you make it. There's no valid basis for one person to cede control over another person's body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since the whole abortion thing is BASED on the rights' of the mother, i don't see how the father argument would work. That would open the argument to the kids rights.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus what the fuck MMO-Champ, I had always held that the majority of this forum had solid ideals regarding equity and equality, but jesus fucking christ how could you vote Yes on this? It actually blows my mind. You're saying that it should be legal to FORCE a woman to develop a child for 9 months, a child she clearly doesnt want, just because the Father, a man who experiances none of the greivances of childbirth, thinks the baby should stay?

The father has a say in preventing an abortion already, its called convincing the mother not to fucking do it. THAT is all the power the man should hold in this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    We don't live in a perfect world...there are more thing to take in account when deciding about abortion next to who needs to carry the baby.
    No there isn't. My body, mine to control.

When you offer to transplant the fetus into yourself, then you can legitimately claim to have any say whatsoever. Until then, this isn't a perfect world, it's not your choice, suck it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Alright, so if a guy wants the abortion and the girl decides to keep the baby, the guy is free of all responsibilities, correct?
    According to most here the male is fucked over either way...but I wish what you said was true.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post

When you offer to transplant the fetus into yourself, then you can legitimately claim to have any say whatsoever. Until then, this isn't a perfect world, it's not your choice, suck it up.
    You say that like it's fact...it's not, it's your opinion on the case. This is why we work on laws, so people like you can't decide over life or death so easily.

You are living in a dreamworld. Your comments have been worthless so far as in you don't even bother looking at it from a different perspective. Every single comment you just say "Her body, her rules"
    Indeed, I'm not particularly open the perspective that a woman ceases to have control over her body if she consents to sex. Not every issue has two equally valid opinions.

...but mixed in with some difficult words to act smart and like you know what you are talking about.
    Whatever insecurities you have about your own intellect don't reflect on me and my choice of words. I don't use any particularly elevated writing here.

We don't live in a perfect world...there are more thing to take in account when deciding about abortion next to who needs to carry the baby. I myself think their should become a system where a court should decide about abortion after listening to both parties view points...a child comes from both sexes and both their opinions are relevant when it comes to bringing life into this world.
    Indeed, and I'm sure this makes you feel oh so centrist, unlike silly extremists such as myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I answered yes but I think its more complicated than that. I think the woman should make the decision 100%, HOWEVER if the father disagrees, and the mother goes ahead with it, the father should not have to pay child support should he choose not to.

The most fair resolution imo, and proportioned correctly. As it is now, it is quite unfair to the father.

Fathers should absolutely have a say. If you do not want to get pregnant use birth control or a condom, but if you do get pregnant I think the father should have a say as to what should happen with that child.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should clarify I voted yes to have a say or rather an opinion. Now forcing on the woman..sure. Again circumstances are circumstantial.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted

You are right and anyone saying diffrent is insane.

Alright, so if a guy wants the abortion and the girl decides to keep the baby, the guy is free of all responsibilities, correct?
    I'd personally be essentially fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    Fathers should absolutely have a say. If you do not want to get pregnant use birth control or a condom, but if you do get pregnant I think the father should have a say as to what should happen with that child.
    No one ever has a say on some else's body, period. (Well, living, functional body)

I do think that the father should have a right to give up all parental rights, followed by responsibilities, during the earliest stages of the pregnancy. But I'm not particularlty worried about people's "right" to abandon an actual living child. As opposed to a lump of cells in someone's belly.

Deleted
    It's not a "his kid". It's a lump of cells within the woman's body.
    Want children? Go find someone who wants to reproduce.
    That lump of cells can mean a lot to someone. Just because something is worthless to one doesen't mean its worthless for the other.

Deleted
    The day that you can take the featus out of the woman and put it onto the man and he can carry it and give birth.
    Then and only then can a man have a say in this. Untill then all men can just stfu about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
    With that child.

Not with a part of the woman's body, which is what abortion deals with.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I'd personally be essentially fine with that.
    But that's not how it works in most cases...with how it works now I'd prefer that system aswell. But it's not, the male needs to pay the price one way or another. If it isn't mentally than it's in his wallet...or like most things both.

IMHO I find unbelieveably unfair that woman can have an abortion without the consent of the father (ignoring extreme cases like rape ofcourse).
    But then again I'm not really for abortion at all so my opinion might not be the most objective one.
    Women's excuse is that baby is part of their body and they can do what they want with it.

Thoughts?
    I find it unbelievably unfair that a woman can choose not to have an abortion when the man wants one.

See that is easy to turn around.

No they shouldn't have a say. They don't have to go through the 9 months. And forcing someone to go through a life changing experience is immoral. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    That lump of cells can mean a lot to someone. Just because something is worthless to one doesen't mean its worthless for the other.
    Irrrelevant. You can be as emotionally attached to somebody's boobs if you want, doesn't give you any say over their chest reduction surgery.