Poll: Opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    These are just a couple of possible scenario's because the woman was denied her god given option to use her own judgement in a matter that affects no one as it's not a life at the stage where a possible abortion is taken!
    Wait, what? God-given right? I hardly think the "falcon punch" meme is appropriate to this discussion, and that would be the only method of deliberate abortion available to the first humans. Chemically-induced abortions (including those that use only natural herbs, as was done in the Dark Ages) were developed by mankind as we progressed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reboot-me View Post
    Well, if women can have an abortion without the consent of the father (I'm not talking about rape or that kind of stuff) it would be fair what the father could force the women to get an abortion?

Now TBH:
    I believe that this is kind of selfish that women have those rights while men don't have any. As far as i'm concerned, she have not created her child alone. Both are concerned by this.
    The child would not survive outside the mothers body until late pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by dvid View Post
    My answer is definately: yes. A father must have the right to save his unborn child's life assuming the pregnancy doesn't have serious risks to the mother's (and the baby's) health or life. But i'm not even convinced any mother have the right to kill the unborn child just because it's not convenient for them. Yes, i know pregnancy is hard and can permanently change a woman's body but we're talking about taking a human's life here.

PS: sorry for my english, hope you can undersand everything!

And I ask again, how would you force her to carry it through 9 months?

There is a major flaw in thr contract debate... I dont think there will ever be a way to force a womn to carry to full term. Still her body and you cant imprison her for not wanting it. On the case of the mans rights, a woman would still have a choice after the fact to keep it even if both agree on the same. And casual drunk encounters happen whos going to carry around a want to get laid contract? Whos gping to notorize it or witness it? Look if woman knew a man could back out what would it change. Maybe force him to sign one that says he would take full responsibility and just reverse the wording.

Making it law that both parties have the legal right to opt out is only fair. Woman who dont think this is right are only looking at what they would lose. They dont see it as a child but just a pregnancy. They will always look at the smaller picture and not want to understand because they lose out on something they have now.

Men have no safty net while woman do and they dont want to lose that. Its injustice at its finest spearheaded by man hating woman who dont want equal rights but retribution for past transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    The difference is though, when an accidental pregnancy happens it is the woman who has to face the consequences. A bunch of people here are advocating however that the man should just be able to opt out whenever he wants without consequence. Nitiga's anger is well justified.

What you fail to realize is ABORTION is the women's way of OPTING OUT
    Men however do not get that luxury so they are either forced to pay child support for a kid they didn't want or spend some serious jail time for failure to do so.

Simply put for your own protection men need a legal way to Opt out so they don't resort to more violent illegal means to do so.

Some women don't really have a "choice" in having an abortion. If I ever accidentally got pregnant I would keep it. Some women would not be able to handle it. The idea that all women are just perfectly okay having an abortion is just not true. I make this comment due to the fact there a lot of people writing that if the girl keeps it, men should not have to pay. If it was my life or the life of my unborn child, I would choose the unborn child (and the unborn child would be healthy). I would give up my life for it. Reason? I'm going to die any way some day, at least it would have a chance to live.

Sex is for one reason only, to make kids. Yes it is enjoyable, but guess what, it is that enjoyable because if the drive wasn't so high our logic part of our brains would probably stop us from having sex and we would find something else more relaxing to do with each other. Its our body's way of trying to trick us. Even if there is protection, kids can happen. This needs to be thought of before sex happens, and what the out come will be afterwards. This should be discussed with your partner before you have sex. In order to prevent nightmare instances of "I don't want it and I do want it" conflicts. My bf already knows if something happens I am keeping it. This was discussed after only a few dates, and Before we had sex.

Also even though I learned a lot about biology I still find life a wonderfully amazing. Gametes (sperm /egg) in humans have about 8 million (this does not take in crossing over of chromosomes) different ways of combining, the chances of two parents producing the same child are so small (this does not include twins), that they could probably try to have children till the sun exploded and may never see the same genetic make up again. So yes it may just be a fetus, but it is a very unique, not to be found any where else unique fetus, that will never exist again. I still think it should be a choice, but I don't like abortion at all.

I am undecided still on what rights of the father should have. Take away one's right, the other looses their right.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would one force a woman to get an abortion? Additionally, how does one go about doing that without being a monster? Because the mere thought of forcing an abortion on a woman is downright disgusting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    You need to get some general background information on various contraceptions first mate, but I'll toss you an analogy to see if it puts things into perspective for you!

Say they have the child because the man wanted it, the woman goes into depression because she can't figure out what to do with her life now, and in general her life have been reduced from doing what she loved (whatever that may have been, career / enjoying life etc).., it continues to the point where she starts getting suicidal tendencies, was it worth it?

Down the line, the man starts having frustrations due to the woman having these issues, one day when the child is screaming it's lungs out he shake's her hard / violently which a neighbour happens to witness and naturally reports, the child is then removed from the care of these two and placed in foster care, was it worth it?

These are just a couple of possible scenario's because the woman was denied her god given option to use her own judgement in a matter that affects no one as it's not a life at the stage where a possible abortion is taken!
    Background information such as what? Potential side effects? No shit but I figure it's a fairly easy set of options, use contraception or get pregnant welcome to the world of responsibility, also yes let me just craft up a worst possible scenario story and use it to argue my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    There is a major flaw in thr contract debate... I dont think there will ever be a way to force a womn to carry to full term. Still her body and you cant imprison her for not wanting it. On the case of the mans rights, a woman would still have a choice after the fact to keep it even if both agree on the same. And casual drunk encounters happen whos going to carry around a want to get laid contract? Whos gping to notorize it or witness it? Look if woman knew a man could back out what would it change. Maybe force him to sign one that says he would take full responsibility and just reverse the wording.

Making it law that both parties have the legal right to opt out is only fair. Woman who dont think this is right are only looking at what they would lose. They dont see it as a child but just a pregnancy. They will always look at the smaller picture and not want to understand because they lose out on something they have now.

Men have no safty net while woman do and they dont want to lose that. Its injustice at its finest spearheaded by man hating woman who dont want equal rights but retribution for past transgressions.
    Not imprisonment silly, it should have financial penalties if she breaches the contract.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Background information such as what? No shit but I figure it's a fairly easy set of options, use contraception or get pregnant welcome to the world of responsibility, also yes let me just craft up a worst possible scenario story and use it to argue my point.
    Contraceptions aren't 100% protection. At best they're 99%.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Not imprisonment silly, it should have financial penalties if she breaches the contract.
    Why should she get penalties for not giving birth? It's not the guys body that is affected by a pregnancy. If you want a kid, find someone else who is willing to have a kid aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2012-12-05 at 03:53 PM.

That is simply not possible when the two people disagree. If one partner wants an abortion and the other doesn't one will get there way, and the other won't. There is no other possible outcome.

Telling a woman she can't have an abortion unless the father consents is no different to giving the father 100% of the say on the issue. Allowing a woman to decide whether to have an abortion gives her 100% of the say on the issue. There is no middle ground.

Given that you actually have to choose: Is this the father's decision or the mother's decision. Given that it is the mother's body, that choice is easy...
    Telling a man he can't have a child because the women he got pregnant has sole control of the life they created together is unjust.
    Let me tell you, you could sue and win if someone aborts a child you wanted, by the fact you can litigate it, there is a middle ground.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    This is the biggest load of shit I ever read. My GF had an abortion at 17 and had no downsides to it at all. Two years later she had a daughter totally fine and has no "scarring" or any other shit from the first abortion.

Dont make up crap.
    Maybe she has ASPD (antisocial personality disorder). Maybe she just hides her emotions from you. Maybe your very defensive language and the fact that you adamantly believe that your personal anecdotal evidence proves anything is simply a defense mechanism you employ to convince yourself of your own lie.

There are any number of explanations that allow my assertion to stand in spite of your anecdotal "evidence" which proves absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    How would one force a woman to get an abortion? Additionally, how does one go about doing that without being a monster? Because the mere thought of forcing an abortion on a woman is downright disgusting.
    You sue after the fact.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    If both parties are being ascribed responsibilities for their actions then both should have the ability to determine their involvement. I think other people in this thread make a better case than I would but those are the words I'm going with

EDIT: Children growing up in an environment that does not fully support them have higher rates of suicide, violence and domestic abuse in their adult years than children growing up in homes that want them.
    Last edited by mmocbf29a8da6e; 2012-12-05 at 03:55 PM.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO now that the thread will be killed due to overly graphic images...

Maybe she has ASPD (antisocial personality disorder). Maybe she just hides her emotions from you. Maybe your very defensive language and the fact that you adamantly believe that your personal anecdotal evidence proves anything is simply a defense mechanism you employ to convince yourself of your own lie.

There are any number of explanations that allow my assertion to stand in spite of your anecdotal "evidence" which proves absolutely nothing.
    Maybe you shouldnt assert "facts" when you know fuck all? And ofc my anectdotal evidence is relevant when you state ALL women will suffer A consequence. Seriously thats like the dumbest fucking statement ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Contraceptions aren't 100% protection. At best they're 99%.

Why should she get penalties for not giving birth? It's not the guys body that is affected by a pregnancy. If you want a kid, find someone else who is willing to have a kid aswell.
    So are condoms, but hey it's a static 99% better than nothing and I'm sure it's arguable that it's in the realm of complete and total irresponsibility to not use it if you don't want to get pregnant.

Don't get me wrong, that's how it seems to work for men at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trymore View Post
    <snip for sheer shock value>
    Good job copy pasting shock value, did you have an actual point to make or are you just going to post pictures and assume we side with you?

P.S. Didn't work, still believe people should be allowed to take charge of their lives.

Haha some one on the side of a man not getting any rights just brought up the childs rights. You just made a point against abortion by doing that. By the means that the father has an obligation to the child is the same standard for the ban of abortions. You dont adhere to the childs rights by killing it. How is it any different than a man opting out. The problem is woman still have an option where men donot. You want to ban abortions altogether fine... Then a man has no right to opt out. Until people get it throug their think skulls that its a two way street, if a woman has a right to opt oit of the resposibility so should the man.

Unnecessary Pictures
    Not to ruin your day, but this thread is about paternal rights (or the lack thereof), not whether abortion itself is good/bad/otherwise.

Deleted
    Lets do this: Abortion

As people can say, it is only parasite... facepalm
    I'll continue to call it a parasite as long as it is unwanted by the woman no matter what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    So are condoms, but hey it's a static 99% better than nothing and I'm sure it's arguable that it's in the realm of complete and total irresponsibility to not use it if you don't want to get pregnant.
    That I can agree on. What I'm annoyed about when it comes to protection most men don't want to use a condom because it "ruins the feeling", making me the one that's supposed to protect myself. I don't mind doing that if it means I don't have to deal with a pregnancy but I find it somewhat ridiculous that it solely should be up to the woman to handle the protection.