Poll: Opinions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    How would that stop an abortion from taking place?
    It wouldn't.

If it was possible to stop crimes without imposing on basic human rights there would. But it isn't. We can only punish those who break the law.

Well, now those pictures were unnecessarily graphic and off-topic.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skrump View Post
    What you fail to realize is ABORTION is the women's way of OPTING OUT
    Yes, so? Do you think it would be fair that a man can opt out by forcing a woman to have an abortion? Because that is exactly what your argument leads to.

Men however do not get that luxury so they are either forced to pay child support for a kid they didn't want or spend some serious jail time for failure to do so.
    Men also don't have to go through 9 months of pregnancy and then accept the responsibility of motherhood. When a woman "opts in" she is committing to far more than the man ever will.

Simply put for your own protection men need a legal way to Opt out so they don't resort to more violent illegal means to do so.
    Try abstinence. Absolutely 100% guaranteed to work.

Seriously though, it's not that I disagree with you that it sucks for men. But I firmly believe it still sucks a lot more for women. I don't get why so it is so to understand the very simple concept of accepting responsibility for one's actions, even if the consequences were absolutely unintended.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2012-12-05 at 04:02 PM.

Deleted
    And I ask again, how would you force her to carry it through 9 months?
    I was mainly talking about the principle of things. In practice it can be difficult of course. A woman can keep the pregnancy as a secret especially if she's not married to the father. She can tell the doctors in an abortion clinic that she does not know who the father is etc. There are many possible scenarios when the father can be locked out from the entire matter. That doesn't mean it's the right thing.
    But to answer your question: if the father could somehow make a statement that he forbids the abortion it would be a simple matter: doctors couldn't perform abortion and the mother would have the same obligation to the unborn child as she would have with a born one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Try abstinence. Absolutely 100% guaranteed to work.
    Not a valid argument. If it were the radical Pro-Lifers would have gotten their way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KtN View Post
    Good job copy pasting shock value, did you have an actual point to make or are you just going to post pictures and assume we side with you?

P.S. Didn't work, still believe people should be allowed to take charge of their lives.
    Sorry for miss click, I wanted to post my orc rogue transmog set...
    Maybe some women don't know what abortion really is ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Well, now those pictures were unnecessarily graphic and off-topic.
    I was totally like, "wow so this is like a PETA photo bombing"
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    We all know the current system and keep your dick in yor pants and close your legs are valid. ?
    I don't agree, without the persuasion of pussy Men would have no reason to take a single word from a women's mouth seriously as she would have nothing to taunt him with thus Equal rights would shortly be abolished.

Either that or prostitution and rape would thrive.

I mean honestly Women have been saying for years that men think with our penis if it's happy were happy and seeing as how we are for the most part the physically dominant gender of the species I highly doubt most women can overpower an irrational male with a raging boner.

Men will just quit playing the game that has gone on for the last 70 years and start taking what they want, just like they did for the last several thousand years, were not above our instincts and saying otherwise is a flagrant lie, which is exactly why rape happens.

I won't sit here and justify it because it can't be done but history has also proven it to be true over and over again.

Deleted
    I'm not saying it should be but if you're in a relationship where your partner clearly wants children and he's refusing to use contraception then I'd say it's about time you started using it for your own safety. If it's some random slob who won't use it because of the loss of sensitivity he's a nit, and while it's a stupid excuse for not wearing one. If he refuses and you still go through with the act without protecting yourself, you're as much to blame as the man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvid View Post
    I was mainly talking about the principle of things. In practice it can be difficult of course. A woman can keep the pregnancy as a secret especially if she's not married to the father. She can tell the doctors in an abortion clinic that she does not know who the father is etc. There are many possible scenarios when the father can be locked out from the entire matter. That doesn't mean it's the right thing.
    But to answer your question: if the father could somehow make a statement that he forbids the abortion it would be a simple matter: doctors couldn't perform abortion and the mother would have the same obligation to the unborn child as she would have with a born one.
    It's possible to induce an abortion without the help of doctors you know. For such a thing to actually be possible you'd have to strap down the woman for 9 months and force feed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    It wouldn't.

If it was possible to stop crimes without imposing on basic human rights there would. But it isn't. We can only punish those who break the law.
    If you want a kid, find someone who also wants a kid instead. There should be no financial repercussions if the woman doesn't want to give birth, it's her body, her choice, the child could not survive outside her body until late pregnancy as it stands right now with the technology.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2012-12-05 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    It makes me happy that lunch is in forty-five minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always force myself to look at graphic images to desensitize. Guess it's a good thing I already had a bit of an upset stomach. That said, I think I'm going to bow out of this discussion now.

Deleted
    I'll continue to call it a parasite as long as it is unwanted by the woman no matter what it looks like.
    With your current and previous theory even born child is parasite, because it need mother or somebody help to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    I have an alternative to offer... Something that may please both sides of the aisle, and I consider fair....

Men want equal saying..... You shall have it...
    http://www.babycenter.com/cost-of-ra...ild-calculator
    use the calculator... Figure out all the expenses needed to raise a child from birth and through college.
    Let's even neglect the mothers expenses....
    If you can provide that amount of money as collateral, taken to bank with you never being able to touch it. You shall have your saying.
    If you don't have the money, then step back in line 2, behind the mother.
    Same thing could be said to women in support of mandatory abortions for everyone under a certain income level so yeah finances might not be the best topic to bring into the discussion even though honestly they should be the #1 concern of everyone involved.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Not a valid argument. If it were the radical Pro-Lifers would have gotten their way.
    So mr smartypants, what do you suggest to give men a "fair" and reasonable way to opt out of taking responsibility for accidental pregnancy? So far it seems that you support only misogynist solutions that absolutely favour men and screw women.

My point is, you have sex, you take a risk that she falls pregnant AND all the consequences thereof. Accept that risk or don't have sex. Don't come back crying after the fact about how unfair it is and that NOW you want to opt out. That is just childish.

Not valid on resposibility because you put all resposibility on the MAN AN NO RESPOSIBILITY ON THE WOMAN. Since abortion is legal and a woman has a choice on having one so should a man. Its actually more unjust for a man by your terms because we have no option. You do on all counts as a woman. You can choose to do anything a man has no choice after the fact woman do how can that be fair?

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    I'm against abortion, and I agree, that was a little too much. I didn't need to see something I already had a good idea what it looked like. Shock value isn't a way to try to further your belief.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trymore View Post
    With your current and previous theory even born child is parasite, because it need mother or somebody help to survive.
    Wanting to have a child/caring for a child is something I'd compare to a symbiotic relationship while an unwanted child is that of a parasitic nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Not valid on resposibility because you put all resposibility on the MAN AN NO RESPOSIBILITY ON THE WOMAN. Since abortion is legal and a woman has a choice on having one so should a man. Its actually more unjust for a man by your terms because we have no option. You do on all counts as a woman. You can choose to do anything a man has no choice after the fact woman do how can that be fair?
    Form a contract, and then the woman has responsibility. Women fails in her responsibility? Well then collect cash from her for breaching the contract.

Like I have been saying.

It's possible to induce an abortion without the help of doctors you know. For such a thing to actually be possible you'd have to strap down the woman for 9 months and force feed her..

But who is the real monster? The guy for wanting the kid, or the women for doing anything in her power to prevent it? ^_^
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.