Poll: Opinions?

Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    About abortion? No. He cannot possible have the right to decide over the woman's body. But he should be able to opt out of parenthood though.

So no, he should not be able to have any say about abortion, but he shouldn't have to parent and/or pay for the child.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clonan View Post
    About abortion? No. He cannot possible have the right to decide over the woman's body. But he should be able to opt out of parenthood though.

So no, he should not be able to have any say about abortion, but he shouldn't have to parent and/or pay for the child.
    Yeah, a lot of us are coming to this conclusion, that there could be some kind of legal document that the father signs before the child is born stating that he wants nothing to do with it (which is giving up your parental rights). This protects men without infringing on the rights of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    lolol, shouldn't!!!

Multitasking isn't my strong point :D
    XD I was like "what in the hell is Myrrar going on about?" You did edit it, I hope? Even so my quote of your fail is there for ALL ETERNITY MWAHAHAH...unless you decide to edit it, and then it wouldn't be funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    But there is birth control for woman that is 99%-100% and that is why i said the choice of birth control lays with both people not just the male.

But I do agree there is a lot of males who are dead beats same with females that's why I think since females have a opt out choice males should as well.
    If a man shouldn't be responsible for drunken mistakes and broken condoms either should a woman. Not every unwanted pregnancy is due to being irresponsible with BC either. Women who have sex without protection and don't want a baby are morons, I wasn't trying to say they weren't.

Until I actually want a baby I'll be staying on my BC. I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years and we're financially stable and we still use 2 forms. Kids....not for me.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2012-12-06 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Yeah, a lot of us are coming to this conclusion, that there could be some kind of legal document that the father signs before the child is born stating that he wants nothing to do with it (which is giving up your parental rights). This protects men without infringing on the rights of women.
    Yeah this conclusion seems to have a decent consensus and has been stated for many pages, I wonder what everyone is still up in arms about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    also there is a ton more different types of protection for woman then there is for man so that choice comes down to both sides.
    I'm hoping you mean both sides individually. Each person should be responsible for keeping their little half-fetus(es) away from the other.

Outside of marriage, the number of options and the scope of their availability to your partner should only have bearing on what method you use to protect yourself from STDs or an unwanted pregnancy insofar as some methods are incompatible when used together (male condoms should not be used with female condoms, for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    If a man shouldn't be responsible for drunken mistakes and broken condoms either should a woman. Not every unwanted pregnancy is due to being irresponsible with BC either. Women who have sex without protection and don't want a baby are morons, I wasn't trying to say they weren't.

Until I actually want a baby I'll be staying on my BC. I've been with my boyfriend for 7 years and we're financially stable and we still use 2 forms. Kids....not for me.
    I know i was agreeing with you just may not have worded it the right way.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    I'm hoping you mean both sides individually. Each person should be responsible for keeping their little half-fetus(es) away from the other.

Outside of marriage, the number of options and the scope of their availability to the other sex should only have bearing on what method you use to protect yourself from STDs or an unwanted pregnancy insofar as some methods are incompatible when used together (male condoms should not be used with female condoms, for example).
    what i mean was like males using condoms and females use the pill. Both sides should use something to lower the risk for a birth happening.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Yeah this conclusion seems to have a decent consensus and has been stated for many pages, I wonder what everyone is still up in arms about.
    Because people can't be bothered to read 84 pages. Not that I necessarily blame them. :P

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Because people can't be bothered to read 84 pages. Not that I necessarily blame them. :P
    it took me a year to read a 1000 page book so ya i refuse to read 84 pages of comments even more so when a lot of them are the same LOL
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by scadouche View Post
    It takes 2 people to have a child. 1 person should not decide the fate of that child.
    This. Anyone who thinks that just because a woman "has to carry the baby in her body for 9months" gives them the right to abort is ridiculous. Let me get that straight, you can force a man into 18yrs of an unwanted decision, but not 9months for a woman? (unless it is life threatening obviously) In life there is cause and effect; action and consequences. If the woman didnt want to have a child, she shouldnt have opened her legs to begin with. Especially without using contraceptives. If two people get pregnant, and one doesnt want the baby, the pregnancy should happen and the opposing parent should give up rights to the infant.

Just my opinion.

Honestly the only way I look at this is a yes. Both parents have to make enough income to support a child, and children are expensive. I know women go through the entire process and men are just here to help them do it, I get that, but regardless both parents raise the baby, and support the child. So for that I say yes they do have a say in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    If the woman didnt want to have a child, she shouldnt have opened her legs to begin with.
    And If a man doesn't want an unborn child to be aborted, he shouldn't leave his semen in a woman that lives in a nation where abortion is legal. Just because a woman opens her legs doesn't give a man determination over the contents of her uterus for the next 9 months.

If you want to leave your pet whale in a woman's cellar, fine. Just don't expect her to feed it and don't complain if it gets injured or dies when she vacuums.
    Last edited by Dispersedshadow; 2012-12-06 at 08:37 PM.

While I believe to a point its the mother choice,

I think if the father can take the child and care for it 24/7 and provide a suitable home, then he should have a say in it,

if a random chav off the street gets a girl pregnant in a one night stand, then no, but then again I have a little voice reminding me, sometimes out of the thousands of times that has happened, theres a decent one in the bunch who came through as a good father so meh
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I think if the father can take the child and care for it 24/7 and provide a suitable home, then he should have a say in it,
    If he can find a way to carry the child if she doesn't want to then sure. Otherwise nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    If he can find a way to carry the child if she doesn't want to then sure.
    Even if he can find a willing surrogate or other means to carry the child, doesn't she still have the right to refuse the medical procedure to remove the embryo?

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    Even if he can find a willing surrogate or other means to carry the child, doesn't she still have the right to refuse the medical procedure to remove the embryo?
    Good point, but who knows, maybe she'd be more willing to do that then go through 9 months of pregnancy issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Good point, but who knows, maybe she'd be more willing to do that then go through 9 months of pregnancy issues.
    She might feel less inclined to exercise her rights, but that doesn't diminish the fact that she has the right in the first place.

I know this is a bit off topic, but to all the guys who have said they want to just sign away their rights and not have anything to do with the child, that is pretty selfish and cold. Yeah I get you don't want the child, but if the child is born you really should consider stepping up to the plate and being a father. A lot of kids get pretty messed up because they don't have a positive male role model in their life. And if you are the Father and won't do it, why would you expect someone else to do it? It isn't that hard to avoid getting a woman pregnant. And hey I know what it is like to deal with a crazy ex wife. And yeah it would be easier if I just walked away, but I won't do that to my daughter. And in the next year or two I will become a step father to another daughter thats Father is pretty much an idiot. Once you change your attitude to it all you might surprise yourself in what you can do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fairelight View Post
    this is a crock of shit, and it completely anger's me. Woman's body yes, woman also gave consent, child belongs to both not just the woman. just because a woman is the one carrying the child does not give her the right to say screw you dad i do what i want. you have sex you know the risk of a child fucking accept responsibility for it
    The only crock of shit is your belief that a fetus is a child. A fetus is not a being. A man can have a say in it, but in the end it's still a woman's choice, and should stay like that.

Whenever I hear a man, especially an abstinent cardinal speaking about abortion I want to punch a fucking kitten.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2012-12-06 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    The only crock of shit is you believing that a fetus is a child. A fetus is not a being. Woman's choice.
    i certainly hope you dont eat eggs, cause if a fetus isnt a developing human being, then people like you might think of it as food.

Just saying.

Of course the father should have equal rights to decide upon an abortion, its his child as much as the woman.