Poll: Opinions?

Page 93 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's kindda a heavy subject really. Abortion is something that should always be discussed in a couple if needed. I voted yes, but I have a condition to it. The father must be within a relationship with the mother, then he may have a saying. But that is all, if he's just another man whom got lucky through a trip out town, then he can hold his tongue and just sign the documents.

But for another add, if a mother wishes the child to be born, but the father does not. Then she will sadly have to do her choice of signing the document as the father does not wish the child, signing this paper will not bind the father to pay child support nor having to bring his responsibility.

That is how I think the system is working, how I feel is a bit different. Basicly, if the mother is pregnant and the father doesn't want the child but she does, suck it up. You didn't chose protection as a man, and therefor you are now going to be a father, pay your share and let the mother take care of the child then. (Not always fair, but one should not leave behind ones blood line)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    It is wrong for the man sleep around but not for the woman? That's what I'm getting from your logic.
    It's more than a man could have a hundred "abortions" a year and suffer little emotional or physical trauma, while a woman can have one a year (if not one EVER) and will suffer physically or emotionally in a big way... like becoming barren. Higher risk of STD is a promise.

Yes, the father should have a say. It's his kid too.

If none of them want it, abort the kid or set it up for adoption.
    If they both want it, awesome and congratulations.
    If the mother wants it but the father does not, have him opt out of child support, or pay the child support but have nothing else to do with the kid.
    If the mother does not want it, but the father does, have her birth the kid and the father will pay all expenses and take the kid as his own.

Simple fact is it takes 2 people to make that kid. I don't care whose birthing the kid, the choice should remain "equal" at 50/50. I know I'd be pissed if my girlfriend/wife did not want a child that I said I wanted and rode the system into aborting it without my input at all. Hell, if I told her I'd take care of it and she'd never even have to look at it again once the deed was done, then why should I consent to letting her kill something that I want?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    Simple fact is it takes 2 people to make that kid. I don't care whose birthing the kid, the choice should remain "equal" at 50/50. I know I'd be pissed if my girlfriend/wife did not want a child that I said I wanted and rode the system into aborting it without my input at all. Hell, if I told her I'd take care of it and she'd never even have to look at it again once the deed was done, then why should I consent to letting her kill something that I want?
    Because it's HER body that will be carrying it, HER body that will bear the consequences, and HER that takes all the risks involved with pregnancy (some of which are unavoidable)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Because it's HER body that will be carrying it, HER body that will bear the consequences, and HER that takes all the risks involved with pregnancy (some of which are unavoidable)
    Well I guess the guy who is requesting that of her better have the money/resources to back all that up then, huh?

Well I guess the guy who is requesting that of her better have the money/resources to back all that up then, huh?
    Better have the resources to transfer the embryo.

It's utterly immoral to demand that someone does something with their body because you want it, no matter how much money you have. If they decide to because of money, that's THEIR choice (though, depending on their income level this is also another form of coercion), but saying "well, i'll pay for it, so you HAVE TO" is despicable. Especially since money cannot fix the problems that can come from pregnancy, as they're fundamental bodily changes, such as hormone shifts and body changes that are irreversible.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    No they shouldn't. It's the woman that has to carry the baby to term, not the man. No man should be able to force a woman to carry a baby to term or have a fetus killed because they don't want to be a father.

inb4 'well women can force men to be a father'

Maybe you should try sleeping with women that are on some form of birth control and have the same views on having children as you do. Also, learn what a condom is, get a vasectomy or don't have sex all together if you're that paranoid.
    I'm going to end this BS here and now. This is a catch 22 question. YES the woman has the right to control her own body but at the same time the man has the right to have his child born even if that means the mother gives up custody after the child is born. so IF the father has not violated any sex/assault laws leading up to the pregnancy then YES he should have the right to stop the abortion; However, this means that the father voids the right to claim child support from the mother. Its her body but its THEIR child. end of story.

EDIT: this should work both ways to prevent any more Bi#### from forcing a man to pay child support for a kid he has signed away parental right too and never sees.
    Last edited by krunksmash; 2012-12-10 at 08:26 PM.

Better have the resources to transfer the embryo.

It's utterly immoral to demand that someone does something with their body because you want it, no matter how much money you have. If they decide to because of money, that's THEIR choice (though, depending on their income level this is also another form of coercion), but saying "well, i'll pay for it, so you HAVE TO" is despicable. Especially since money cannot fix the problems that can come from pregnancy, as they're fundamental bodily changes, such as hormone shifts and body changes that are irreversible.
    I'm not denying all of that to be important but it still stands that it's the father's kid too. Why kill it if there's at least one responsible person who wants it alive and is able to compensate the mother for her duty? Look all i'm saying is that it took 2 people to make the kid therefore placing the woman's opinion at 100% and the man's at 0% is wrong. I know it warps her body and what not and I've got no answer for remedying that, but i can't say that it should be her choice and her choice alone if the father is looking to take care of their seed.

Then SHE should be the one responsible for avoiding pregnany.
    Keep The Beats!

Deleted
    Uh, you actually think money can fix complications arising from pregnancy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    tough shit use the pill next time. once she is preg THEY should both have a say in an abortion. fair is fair they took the risk THEY both have 50% say in wether she can have an abortion.

The men do not carry equal burden, they aren't the ones who go through 9 months carrying something they do not want, potentially risking their lives. Forcing someone to do something they don't want to do with their body is akin to slavery.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Money can fix a lot of things, but that response was in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    The men do not carry equal burden, they aren't the ones who go through 9 months carrying something they do not want, potentially risking their lives. Forcing someone to do something they don't want to do with their body is akin to slavery.
    aborting someones child is akin to murder and destruction of property regardless of it being her body. again this is a catch 22. she has the right to control her body but not at the cost of denying a father his child.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    It doesnt matter what you think either. And having an abortion is an operation to the body, a little more important than simply signing a paper. What im getting at is you think its okay for a man to sleep with all kinds of women, get them pregnant, and absolve any responsibility by signing off his rights.

If a man doesnt want to deal with being a father, there are things called condoms. Of course both people are stupid if they ignore contraception (not saying accidents dont happen) but she has to physically deal with the pregnancy, he doesnt.
    That, in no way, means a man should be obligated to support a child he never wanted. Accidents happen and consent to sex is not necessarily consent to fatherhood.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    So is forcing someone to do something they don't want with their money.

Also human gestation lasts 10 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    That, in no way, means a man should be obligated to support a child he never wanted. Accidents happen and consent to sex is not necessarily consent to fatherhood.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 12:10 AM ----------

Also human gestation lasts 10 months.
    Actually, human gestation is a little over 9 months. 40 weeks doesn't equal 10 months.
    Keep The Beats!

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Bullshit. You have no right to financial autonomy. At best that's property rights which are far from absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by krunksmash View Post
    aborting someones child is akin to murder and destruction of property regardless of it being her body. again this is a catch 22. she has the right to control her body but not at the cost of denying a father his child.
    It is not a child, it is not murder. Least not here in the states, we had a court case called Roe V. Wade, where a the court recognizes the right of the individual to get an abortion within the first Trimester.

I find the language, "denying a father his child" offensive. If he wants a kid, go adopt, find another woman who wants children, find a surrogate. There are other means to having a child than forcing slavery on someone and potentially put their life at risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok and woman have been Advocating the control of a mans body and its wallet by forcing him to pay on a child he didn't want so now he has to work 2x as hard....

"Double Standards gotta love them....."

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 02:12 AM ----------

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Killing a living thing is killing a living thing people can spit hairs on it all they want its still fact.

People kill living things all the time. We eat living things. We step on living things. Heck, our immune system kills living things on a daily basis.

No, its a woman's right to choose what she does with her body. However, they should discuss this probability before having unprotected sex. No one can force anyone to do anything they don't want to with their own body.