10+ Year Old Account

What is the origin of the Trolls race in Azeroth?

Hey everyone, we all know that the trolls are one of the very few pre titan races of Azeroth (source wowpedia) even before races like troggs, dwarves, humans, etc etc. So the question is what is their origins? who or how they got created? or they basically descendants of the Loa gods? if that's true who are these loa gods are they originally old gods? or something else?

Discuss please thanks for reading.

They might just be the original Azeroth race. The natural inhabitants before more were made. Maybe the old gods twisted them from flesh and created them as a slave force that worshiped them. Maybe its like the Ancients except with the Loas in which they were born or made from them like many other tribal animal races.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Trolls were born after some God dude mixed awesome sauce with three spoonfuls of sexy sugar.

In all seriousness no one knows. Presumably they evolved from smaller animals, though most of the races indigenous to Azeroth seem to be have retained most of their animal like features (Taurens, Furbolgs, Pandas, even trolls, they're all furry!). Well that or they're bugs.
    Last edited by mmoc30840dbb5e; 2012-12-05 at 02:19 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And something even more here is an article written at Wow Insider that suggests that Night Elves are descended from Trolls after Elune supposedly transformed these Trolls when they found the Well of Eternity.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/05/01/kn...ne-is-a-naaru/

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it's possible that the Loa, possible extensions of the ancients, created the trolls to be worshipers, or some such. Or perhaps the trolls evolved from some sort of lesser creature like... I dunno... Grell?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

put it in these terms.
    Humans-descendants of Vrykul, creations of Titans. explicitly stated by Blizzard by in-game sources
    Night Elves-descendants of Dark Trolls. explicitly stated by Blizzard by out-of-game sources
    Gnomes-descendants of Mechagnomes, creations of Titans. explicitly stated by Blizzard by in-game sources.
    Dwarves- descendants of Earthen, creations of Titans. explicitly stated by Blizzard by in-game sources.
    Draenei-alien race to Azeroth
    Worgen-magically altered humans. see humans

Orcs-alien race to Azeroth
    Tauren-descendants of Bull Ancient. implied(unless i missed an explicit statement) by Blizzard
    Forsaken- magically altered humans. see humans
    Blood Elves- descendents of Night Elves and by extension of Dark Trolls, explicitly stated by Blizzard
    Goblins-unknown
    Trolls-unknown

Pandaren-desendants of Panda Ancient, implied(unless i missed an explicit statement) by Blizzard

of all playable races only Goblins and Trolls are utterly unknown as pertains to their origin and Goblins ARE known to have been barely above animal intelligence between exposure to Kaja'mite. they were actively enslaved by Trolls prior to this.

this leaves us with the understanding that at the LEAST, Trolls are among the oldest sentient races on Azeroth(we don't know when the Ancient derived races sprang up)
    if not the first and in all probability the 'rightful' inheritors of the planet if believe that the races created by higher beings should be considered non-native on account of being an intentionally created lifeform instead of a naturally occurring one.

now whether trolls get to be the big man on campus on the grounds that they are naturally occurring is one open for debate, but it seems highly likely that they are the only 100% spontaneously occurring intelligent life that Azeroth produced as everyone else owes their existence or sentience to something else.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And something even more here is an article written at Wow Insider that suggests that Night Elves are descended from Trolls after Elune supposedly transformed these Trolls when they found the Well of Eternity.

"Elune is a Naaru" thats enough to stop reading right there.

As for Trolls, Hakkar may know, but I doubt he'll say anything anytime soon. The Mogu may know as well; there has to be a reason they not only respected the Trolls but sought to ally with them rather than conquer them or at least, wage endless war against them, like they did the Mantid.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    "Elune is a Naaru" thats enough to stop reading right there.

As for Trolls, Hakkar may know, but I doubt he'll say anything anytime soon. The Mogu may know as well; there has to be a reason they not only respected the Trolls but sought to ally with them rather than conquer them or at least, wage endless war against them, like they did the Mantid.
    Is that denial I smell? Pretty pungent too.... =p
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

I have a theory, that Trolls evolved from Grells.

As for Goblins, I reckon that Mechagnomes devolved into Pygmies via the Curse of Flesh, then from exposure to Kaja'mite they mutated into Goblins, recovering some of their former intelligence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post

Uhm, it's been confirmed that Night Elves originated from Trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I have a theory, that Trolls evolved from Grells.

As for Goblins, I reckon that Mechagnomes devolved into Pygmies via the Curse of Flesh, then from exposure to Kaja'mite they mutated into Goblins, recovering some of their former intelligence.
    I thought Pygmies were monkeys who were exposed to kaja'mite. Or at least thats what the Goblin starter zone implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Is that denial I smell? Pretty pungent too.... =p
    Do you have a canon source that says she is a naaru? No thought so, Elune is still a goddess unless blizzard decides to label her a Naaru which they haven't done, yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    The Mogu may know as well; there has to be a reason they not only respected the Trolls but sought to ally with them rather than conquer them or at least, wage endless war against them, like they did the Mantid.
    Doubtful since the Mogu came to be after the arrival of the Titans and the trolls did not take good care of their history. I can't imagine the Trolls would know of their exact origin, just like the night elves.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-12-05 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    Trolls aren't pre-titan. The Titans seeded the Azeroth with life in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    Trolls aren't pre-titan. The Titans seeded the Azeroth with life in the 1st place.
    Blizzard themselves said the trolls predate the Titan arrival, all the Titans merely shaped the world they didn't build and brought life to it.

Q: What races were on Azeroth before the coming of the titans?
    A: Besides the elementals, the only known sentient races on Azeroth when the titans' forces arrived to subdue the Old Gods were the trolls, the race known as "faceless ones," and the aqir. Due to the Old Gods' war against the titans, as well as the extensive terraforming that followed the war's conclusion, records of what races existed before even the Old Gods' arrival have likely been lost forever.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/media/
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-12-05 at 06:40 PM.

Do you have a canon source that says she is a naaru? No thought so, Elune is still a goddess unless blizzard decides to label her a Naaru which they haven't done, yet.
    Was just joking... don't get your lore panties in a wad.

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Was just joking... don't get your lore panties in a wad.
    Sorry I am just a bit cranky the week sucked so far ;P