Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    Then get better? There's no difference from the first 500k to the last 500k. Finish the fight to completion. You're essentially asking for a nerf because of bad play, rather than overpowered or broken mechanics. You do realize this?

Brawler's Guild is a gimmick, and features gimmick encounters. Jumping over beams? Creating a circuit to overload a robot? Navigating a geometry maze? All gimmicks that don't require any sort of "strategy". If you want something strategy based, raid.

If you have to look at your keys to DPS, that is not the encounters problem. Set up your keybinds in a way that you don't have to look at your keyboard. His enrage timer is not so tight that you have to play a perfect rotation, even as Balance.

Your rationale for the nerfs is nauseating. "I can't do this because my UI is bad, I have to look at my keyboard, and I died in the last 5% instead of the first 5% a lot."

In fact, I would absolutely call "Good play" the ability to "monitor and do your rotation correctly while having no chance to look at your keys".

When describing bad play to someone, I will forward them to this post.
    Well first I never said to nerf anything. That was another user. I did say the encounter design was poor because it is and recommended a different approach which I think would work better while maintaining the "spirit" of the design. Also, what about people who lag or have bad computers, should they be forced to buy better PCs to be able to beat this fight because if you lag even slightly you wouldn't be able to beat it ever.

In regards to gimmicks, yes, you are correct but most of them allow for mistakes and not 100% attention to the simple task of staring directly at your character and rotating your mouse. I cannot think of any other encounter in the brawlers guild that allows for 0 mistakes in the way this one does while doing everything else.

I'm not sure on you're gear level but the DPS requirement for Hexos is 100k DPS which is fairly tight unless you're upwards of 510+ ilevel which requires normal mode raiding. I have 509 ilevel but I have hit the enrage and died with about 3 mil left because I got so screwed up in my rotation because I couldn't look to see what eclipse I was in.

Now you say I should be able to monitor my rotation without having to look at keys. Well sure, for most classes that is true but for balance without having an addon to move your balance bar I'm not sure how you'd manage. Unless you can mentally keep track of how many casts you've done times how much energy each gives you, where you started in your eclipse bar while monitoring all your buffs and dots while focusing 100% on dodging beams coming at your face. If you can do that more power to you but I certainly can't.

By the way, I can monitor my rotation without looking at my keyboard, what I can't monitor without looking at my character pane and the boss pane is what my eclipse bar is at and how long I have left on my dots, etc. Now, my point is that in order for me to be able to pull the 100k DPS in my current gear I need to be able to monitor all of this information WITHOUT looking where it is in the default UI which means downloading addons to move it and creating power auras to track it, etc. Now, can you honestly sit there and tell me that requiring the downloads of addons to beat a boss in the brawlers guild is good design? Because it's not. So my suggestion was to change it where no DPS is required and all you have to do is navigate the maze for the full 2 minutes. This maintains the spirit of the encounter (tribute to super hexagon).

Oh and just so you're aware, on my realm at least, Hexos has won like 1000 matches and lost maybe 3. Someone posted on another thread where typically the win/loss ratio was like 100/40 or 100/20 in that range while Hexos is like 1000/10. Certainly seems to be an issue there if you ask me. But clearly I'm a bad player and you're amazing and Godly and I should bow down to your epeen.

When describing how to be a dick when posting on forums, I will forward them to your post. (See what I did there?)

I see what you did there, and I had a good laugh.

It's all in good fun, buddy. The only thing I disagree with you about is the necessity to download add-ons to beat Hexos. I used add-ons on live, yeah, but on PTR I went in there in ~510 gear, without addons, and defeated him just fine (4-5 pulls).

People that are serious about their characters should already have the necessary add-ons to track rotation anyway.

I can't imagine willingly playing this game with stock UI. I guess I just care more? I don't know what to tell you. There's no reason to -not- download addons to help make yourself and your character better. If you're purposely trying to "stick it to the man" and not download any addons, you're only hurting yourself.

Yeah, you can drive a car fine without a rear-view mirror, but why would you purposely do that? It enables a much more efficient way to look behind your vehicle, while keeping your peripheral vision on the road, instead of having to turn your head halfway around your body to see what's going on.

If Hexos is truly 1,000-3 on your server, then I'd reevaluate the company you keep.

And realistically, I wasn't trying to be a dick. I was typing out how I feel about people complaining about nerfs to new content after 2 weeks, and how people complain about how hard it is to keep track of all the information that needs to be processed, but willingly deciding to not go the extra step and take 15 seconds to download an addon overlay that tells you everything you need to know. I look forward to your reply.

Got ahoo'ru as a boomie after probably ~15attempts, maybe more due to messy p1s, and dying to the floating things >.>
    Around 530, so its pretty geared.
    seems like its really tight, unless you are A) One of the classes that has no problem with it due to reflections and etc, or 2) have insane gear to compensate and hope you get it

If Hexos was to be true to original it should disable mouse turning and allow only digital keyboard input. He is currently a joke to someone using mouse steering as normal way to turn character (3 pulls to kill), while in original game so far I can't get past 45 second mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    According to statistics in the Brawler arena, most bosses have like

Boss 100 - 70 Player
    or
    Boss 40 - Player 20
    or even
    Boss 80 - Player 90

On the rank 8 and 9 bosses.

BUT

HEXOS has

Boss 1600-100 Player

This is insane. Hexos is INSANE, This one need a serious nerf, this is the hardest mob in the entire Brawler, and make Disruption look easy. No idea what Blizzard was thinking here.
    Its server based, and ahoo'ru for example on my server has something like 400-8, Hexos is something like 800s? to probably 40.
    Hexos is def a lot easier compared to ahoo'ru in a few aspects, as long as you dont have lag which can both screw you.

also, just because its 1600-100 doesnt mean it couldnt be the same people messing up hardcore, and cant do it at all and messup within 5seconds

If Hexos is truly 1,000-3 on your server, then I'd reevaluate the company you keep.
    To be fair, it also depends on the class and latency you are playing with. I didn't have much trouble (if any) in later bosses, but I spent 6 days with at least one full flask duration (2hr since I'm alchemy) per day on it. Maybe because I'm a SP playing at 200-300ms, or maybe I played badly, but I can swear many times I turned him perfectly (or so it seemed) just to get killed without knowing why. The moment I killed it I knew I wouldn't be visiting this again on my alt.
    Meanwhile, my mage friend (who is way lesser geared than I was, ~525 by the time he killed it IIRC) took 3 attempts, thanks to Time Warp and Cauterize so he could burst and burn it before he made mistake twice...

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    It took me about 56 attempts on Hexos, practicing back to back to get the patterns, watching videos and other players and I eventually had to change all of my key bindings to get through the fight, but let me tell you, once you learn it, you will get it easily. Ahoo'ru on the other hand, is stupid. The first phase requires the ability to burn down 3 adds perfectly on the boss and the time it takes is also redic, and most players have, that I see, get into phase 2 with 1 minute left.
    Assuming you get to that point, you need 166k on the dot to burst down the boss. It isnt even possible for me to get ahoo'ru down without class changes or better gear.
    It'll come with gear. Ahooru was damn near unkillable on PTR. At roughly 525-530 I'd say is when it becomes more feasible to kill him. He definitely has a very hard DPS check though.

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    It took me about 56 attempts on Hexos, practicing back to back to get the patterns, watching videos and other players and I eventually had to change all of my key bindings to get through the fight, but let me tell you, once you learn it, you will get it easily. Ahoo'ru on the other hand, is stupid. The first phase requires the ability to burn down 3 adds perfectly on the boss and the time it takes is also redic, and most players have, that I see, get into phase 2 with 1 minute left.
    Assuming you get to that point, you need 166k on the dot to burst down the boss. It isnt even possible for me to get ahoo'ru down without class changes or better gear.
    as what class if you dont mind me asking? anyway, it could be possible to get in before a min, but the RNG and setting adds up perfectingly seems impossible

Hexos relies on a pretty lame gimmick imo, at least the other bosses actually test skills. And I don't value getting carpal tunnel trying to spin my mouse around enough to beat him. Thankfully the title is given with hitting rank 8...

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Hexos relies on a pretty lame gimmick imo, at least the other bosses actually test skills. And I don't value getting carpal tunnel trying to spin my mouse around enough to beat him. Thankfully the title is given with hitting rank 8...
    needing a high amt of dps / gear doesnt require skill. lets be honest here. Moving out of a triangle shaped cleave isnt hard, neither is having to backpedal.
    hexos does require skill, esp if you lack gear, and have latency since you have to actually overcome those. correct me if im wrong here, pretty sure im not.
    And look at the other 8-10 bosses, one requires you to simply move from chickens (Super hard amirite?) Another requires you to kill bombs that split which you need heals and aoe (Even harder, Dam)

Or maybe that robot, Cause uh moving from melee to range requires even more skill! Yeah! or maybe having to kill an add and face back to the boss.

Seriously, what requires skill out of those? hexos requires more out of you, ahoo'ru to

Is it only me or is Disruptron worse than ever as horde? now im hitting the lasers even when not standing on the elevator shafts. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I don't know how one would manage to achieve the levels of wrist damage from Hexos. You're doing it completely wrong, if you are.

I absolutely love sitting in the tram and watching people fail again and again and again and AGAIN on Hexos in the first 10%. I haven't rooted this hard for an enemy NPC since Bruce.

Hexos took me 2 attempts -- one to queue and fall over going "wtf", and one more to kill him after I figured out what was going on. A very large portion of the wipes are going to be people that just keep requeuing to try to catch what they missed, but if you haven't played the game it is a tribute to you will probably never figure it out. I will agree it was quite frustrating not being able to look away from the center of my screen to watch my embers and CDs, but it wasn't that hard to push out enough dps to kill him with plenty of time left, and it was a pretty insane experience nonetheless. Just like Kanrethad this fight needs to stay exactly as is.

Ahooru just plain sucks.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekro View Post
    I don't know what planet you live on but I've seen almost every class kill him on my server a week ago. The one's I've personally witnessed while waiting for queues other than war/hunter are rogue, mage, shaman, warlock and monk, others I've seen with the mount leading to them having killed it.
    Can tell someone didn't see the date of my post or the events that were currently going on with the brawlers guild at the time(I never said it wasn't possible before a certain bug started). But that's beyond the point now, angels may still be bugged to an extent but the fight is doable once again until they break the orbs again when they fix something else.

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    Is it only me or is Disruptron worse than ever as horde? now im hitting the lasers even when not standing on the elevator shafts. sigh
    Experiencing the same issue, for me it's about a 50/50 chance if I'll take dmg or not when I jump over. (Playing with around 50ms)

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Hexos took me 2 attempts -- one to queue and fall over going "wtf", and one more to kill him after I figured out what was going on. A very large portion of the wipes are going to be people that just keep requeuing to try to catch what they missed, but if you haven't played the game it is a tribute to you will probably never figure it out. I will agree it was quite frustrating not being able to look away from the center of my screen to watch my embers and CDs, but it wasn't that hard to push out enough dps to kill him with plenty of time left, and it was a pretty insane experience nonetheless. Just like Kanrethad this fight needs to stay exactly as is.

Ahooru just plain sucks.
    I played super hexagon to test myself and practice. I can do 75 seconds on level 6 on the free version as my record. However, the flash game requires the use of your mouse keys or a/d. WoW requires the use of the mouse, if you keyboard turn you won't be fast enough. So they are actually completely different. The concept is simple, the act is hard.

I've never even played super hexagon, my 2nd attempt at Hexos was the first time I'd ever played a game like that for longer than 5 seconds (the time it took me to wipe the first attempt). Not trying to brag about it, just that it actually is fairly lenient (there were many times towards the end of the kill that I thought for sure I was going to clip a corner and die and it sure seemed like I did).
    Last edited by jaymzkerten; 2013-06-05 at 10:57 PM.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

10+ Year Old Account
    Clipping deaths from Hexos have made this the most unforgiving fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    Hexos is definitely unforgiving. He's way harder than any of the earlier fights and even the rank 8 fights that come after it. I did manage to kill him but it took me at least 20X the amount of time I spent on everything else COMBINED. There were so many times where it seemed like I had made the gap but I still died. Hexos should have been placed at the end on of rank 8 at least because the other fights in that rank aren't even in the same league.
    Last edited by mmoc6bb74e819b; 2013-06-05 at 11:54 PM.