Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I just started giving this a proper go last night, as an ilvl522 Arms Warrior with not so great gear (timeless 3 stat 535 items, 502+8 weapon and cheap enchants), have to say it was all pretty easy and doable until I got to Hexos... I did beat it eventually but I don't know what sadistic, sick minded person came up with that fight. It was so much more difficult than anything before and the fight after it felt like a free kill after it.

I don't know how many attempts it took me and I don't want to know. If blizzard want to make hard raid content they just need a raid boss where 3/10 people get sent into a room to do the hexos maze, slap on a dps/healing requirement! Looking forward to hitting rank 10 but not sure if I should give it a rest and fix my gear first, got the rank 8 robot boss next up.
    Problem is when you're in 520+ you are really trivializing most of the dps checks. The only real one left at that gear level is mingus diggs (bonus boss from archeology). Ahoo'ru usually gives people a few wipes getting used to teh orbs though.

hexos raid fight with real dps requirement, maybe jumping as well, healing etc, added in would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Problem is when you're in 520+ you are really trivializing most of the dps checks. The only real one left at that gear level is mingus diggs (bonus boss from archeology). Ahoo'ru usually gives people a few wipes getting used to teh orbs though.

hexos raid fight with real dps requirement, maybe jumping as well, healing etc, added in would be awesome.
    My ilvl522 wasn't really 522 though due to the 3 stat items and a weak weapon, since posting I actually improved my gear while my ilvl went down a fair bit from properly itemised items. Playing as Arms too it doesn't really have any burst damage, I've seen other classes pull off the burst needed in weak gear but Arms can't even come close to a fraction of what they can do (ele shamans prime example) even if the Arms Warrior would eventually pass that player in a longer fight.

So last night I aquired an ilvl540 weapon (bumped my ilvl back up) and finished off up to rank 10. The Robot was not an issue, but it was always survival where I was going to struggle. The Snake caused me big issues as it kept bugging out and stopping on its own accord, I also put on some lvl85 boots from my bank that didn't have runspeed on them, then with walk turned on I was moving at the right pace, it was just a matter of doing it until he didn't bug out, with new weapon the dps requirement was not an issue.

Next boss I had an issue with was Ahoo'ru, I didn't realise that I had to get P1 over as fast as possible and wiped to enrage a few times before trying to get the angels out as fast as possible and cleave them down. I had 2 400k wipes from simply being too slow in phase 1 and then beat it easily with a fairly lucky placement of P1 angel orbs.

I found Hexos was the most difficult, I also did it in gear that was only capable (simcraft) of about 120k dps in a raid, but with the new upgrades though Nibbler was extremely annoying it was just a matter of time, Ahoo'ru was a bloody hard fight (or atleast annoying), but I suppose once you learn it you could do it over and over no problem.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2013-10-05 at 03:03 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Totenpæl View Post
    I have a question about Big Badda Boom 1/4 rank 9.
    As a Rogue, I have really got some trouble beating this npc. I'm currently Assa, but it seems I can't really survive the last part where the small ones explode, anyone got a good idea to do this?
    I am using cloak, but I can't get all the small ones down before my cloak is off again.
    Can't you just use feint?

I think the explosion should count as AoE, not sure though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i finally defeated all the Brawler bosses as a fury warrior (including all the hard card bosses), and the four rare rank 8 bosses.
    Even though i was ilvl 540, the old rank 8 bosses did feel kind of like they had been nerfed.
    Disruptions laser hit boxes felt like they decreased (i had attempted him at least 100 times patch 5.2), and i killed him in 2 attempts.
    I have to say the ilvl jump from 500-540 from when i last stopped in brawlers guild (i was stuck on snake and archaelogy card boss) really made it a cake walk.
    All thats left is 3 cards from pet battle, heroic scenario and blingtron

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished my last fight tonight. In hindsight had I waited 'til tomorrow, I could have used a legendary cloak that would have shaved off a few seconds for killing Diggs.

I hope they add in more content soon for 5.5. Overall the BG has been my favorite thing they've added to WoW since xmog. Some RNG factors need to be ironed out though. Random Nibbleh enrages weren't very fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Deleted
    So i've managed to do Nibbleh on my warlock but i can't do it on my DK, how do you survive the dmg long enough ?

Halp please !

Out of curiosity - why do it on your dk?

Anyway - for melee this boss is hell. You need to balance out moving backwards and avoid him getting buffed. Even a second he stands in green slime/puddle and you're dead. Remember to make quick turns in the corner so he won't get buffed. For me switching run/move helped a lot. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Out of curiosity - why do it on your dk?
    Because it's fun! I'm at or past rank 9 on 3 characters now. It's a different challenge for each one, and it definitely helps you learn your class, which is helpful for alts.

Any tips on last boss on rank 9? playing ret paladin.. if i just can manage to dodge the damn balls i can easily beat the encounter. but they are quite hard to see for me for some reason. is there any setting that i can do ingame to make them more visible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kittycovox View Post
    Any tips on last boss on rank 9? playing ret paladin.. if i just can manage to dodge the damn balls i can easily beat the encounter. but they are quite hard to see for me for some reason. is there any setting that i can do ingame to make them more visible?
    Tune your monitor's brightness up. Also hit v to see nameplates so the angels don't get lost in the sea of bright lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sett View Post
    Tune your monitor's brightness up. Also hit v to see nameplates so the angels don't get lost in the sea of bright lights.
    monitor or ingame gamma? or does it matter?

10+ Year Old Account
    monitor or ingame gamma? or does it matter?
    I'd tinker with both and see what would be decent results.

I recommend turning off flux if you use that. ( http://justgetflux.com/ Is what I am talking about. )

I had similar issues as a rogue. If you haven't already, turn off all scrolling battle text for this fight. I found this to be a HUGE help.

Second, I forget where it is located in options, but turn off the camera auto adjusting. This helped me in the alliance arena (not sure if you're horde/alliance).

If you have any other addons that clutter your screen, get rid of them as well. You don't need fancy stuff for this fight, just have to be able to see clearly. Blizz could have helped a bit by not making the angels the exact same color as the orbs though -_-

still stuck on the hex boss. I just need to get into a zone.

got rank 10 now wooo! thanks for the tip of gamma ingame. made it a complete faceroll^^

Ugh i did blingatron without doing the tesla coil. Boy is it a tight dps race. But then again as a melee i spent about 30 seconds not able to DPS aside from howling blast. So not uber tight either. Didnt use army either. But man was that silly

Also DAT DPS
    Last edited by Zarandra; 2013-11-11 at 05:30 AM.
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Deleted
    sigh.... anyone else had terrible rng with getting the blingtron challenge card ?

day 118 .... feels like i will not get to do it this expansion,

yes

that means day 118 of every-day-blingtron gift , without dusty old robot showing up

Real Brawlers got the title months and months ago in 485 ilvl gear :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aprixius View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/PEY4rS6.jpg?1

Ugh i did blingatron without doing the tesla coil. Boy is it a tight dps race. But then again as a melee i spent about 30 seconds not able to DPS aside from howling blast. So not uber tight either. Didnt use army either. But man was that silly

Also DAT DPS
    It isn't *that* tight, did it last patch in about 515 ilvl. Less bursty classes shouldn't struggle in 525+. I imagine most classes can sustain the required dps by 560+...

If you position right you should have 0 downtime on him, though. The explosions never get big enough to block off the entire corner melee distance.

@WhoAmiSc yeah it's an absolute bitch, but 118 is extremely unlucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I give up, i can't do nibbleh on my DK, fuck dat shit

-mumbles-