Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think they nerfed hexos since his first implementation. I decided to try again after several months of not bothering and beat hexos on the first attempt. I know it certainly felt like they were a bit more forgiving with the laser collisions. Since it had been so long since i last tried, i found the rest of rank 8 and 9 to be fairly easy. the stupid snake too me the longest cause of rng with the spits, and the last boss took me about a half hour , only because i actually killed him as the RoF was falling and it killed me, yet i did not get credit for the kill even though the announcer said i won.

Hexos is the bane of my existence. I finally managed to not die within the first few seconds, but then I always get flustered and end up fat fingering my way to death somehow. One day, Hexos... one day... *shakes fist*

If you aren't dying in 5 seconds then that's significant progress for hexos, now you just gotta a) last till he dies and b) kill him in 2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Killed Hexos, but in turn died by walking into the maze afterwards since apparently you can walk after you kill him. Didn't get kill credit. Made me quit Brawler's Guild, at least I'd find it a decent encounter if it had anything to do with playing WoW, but it doesn't, it's just about button mashing while playing a totally different game. Tried it time and time again after getting the kill, yes not getting it, but for some reason I have lost the ability to even get him to half hp. What also pisses me off is that I need to use a completely different set of talents in order to take him down, one that sure as heck doesn't work for PvE, so I can't queue up for anything either.

So yeah, no Mushan mount is worth going through that again.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-11-25 at 08:35 PM.

Got to rank 10 a few weeks ago only hexos and nibbleh gave me any real problems

Hexos took some getting used to and nibbleh was a pain untill i got lucky with the patches of poison and my procs hit exactly when i wanted them too

Tips for the brawlers guild i would say is farm the timeless isle for Brews, strange mushrooms and have pots, flasks, scroll and drums of rage and kings.

EDIT* My friend was having trouble with hexos until he did a one button macro for his rotation it wasnt great but he did enough dps to beat the enrage and therefore he could just spam one button while he could concentrate on doing the dance

For nibbleh i found the best way is to make sure you dont have any pets with you and to drag nibbleh across the outside edge first and work your self inside like a coil and hope to get lucky with poison patches
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2013-11-25 at 09:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

What have I done!?

Greetings and good morning, day, evening or night, everyone!

Recently picked up a little brawling again, admitted that my main couldn't get past rank 5 as a Holy Paladin.
    So, I have chosen to go through it all with another paladin, as Retribution. But damn, had a good roll and then..

BATTLETRON

This piece of scrap metal is currently my nightmare, I know my solution - but just have to rant.
    I wonder if other people have the same problem? I almost have him, around 800k-1m HP left and enrage hitting me hard.
    My alt is not the best geared, though I am doing my best to follow up with him.

Battletron seems like a simple fight, I just need to magically produce more DPS before I have more gear, or just get more gear.
    Hehe, I have to admit, only going for this fella to get the heirloom fist weapons.

My scrub -Gear- is just from Timeless, with a little few pieces to raise confidence.

Though, for now, as a stubborn person - wouldn't mind good advice.

Current buffs during my attempts: [Monk]: Stats/Crit, [Paladin]: Mastery, [Food] 300 str (Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp), [Flask] 1000 str (Winter's Bite), [Potion] 4000 str (Brawler's Might)

Thank you for now, time to hunt for more gear then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Greetings and good morning, day, evening or night, everyone!

Recently picked up a little brawling again, admitted that my main couldn't get past rank 5 as a Holy Paladin.
    So, I have chosen to go through it all with another paladin, as Retribution. But damn, had a good roll and then..

BATTLETRON

This piece of scrap metal is currently my nightmare, I know my solution - but just have to rant.
    I wonder if other people have the same problem? I almost have him, around 800k-1m HP left and enrage hitting me hard.
    My alt is not the best geared, though I am doing my best to follow up with him.

Battletron seems like a simple fight, I just need to magically produce more DPS before I have more gear, or just get more gear.
    Hehe, I have to admit, only going for this fella to get the heirloom fist weapons.

My scrub -Gear- is just from Timeless, with a little few pieces to raise confidence.

Though, for now, as a stubborn person - wouldn't mind good advice.

Current buffs during my attempts: [Monk]: Stats/Crit, [Paladin]: Mastery, [Food] 300 str (Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp), [Flask] 1000 str (Winter's Bite), [Potion] 4000 str (Brawler's Might)

Thank you for now, time to hunt for more gear then.
    Besides uh more gear all i could really recommend is giving it more goes. If you get lucky procs that can account for the 10k DPS your missing currently.

Are you popping wings/potions/guardian/w/e other CDs you have at the start? (Not a retadin so i dont really know what CDS you have) as well as well as any under 2 minute CDs when there back up?

Also since it seems you havent run LFR much id recommend running wing 1 3 times a week and using the coin strictly on sha of pride lol. It sounds boring but if you get a 528 weapon youll beable to do more dps.

Other then that i dont really have any other tips then drums of rage as well which can help. Otherwise GL and i hope you kill battletron! (Dont worry. i struggled like hell also back when i was 490 back in 5.0)
    I solo stuff. I do deepz. I raid. What else do i want? Oh yeah. loot. give me loot. Cookie for loot?

Deleted
    I really wish they make more bosses and remove the Xrealm feature. Brawlers guild is crazy fun! The most fun boss was hexos Currently rank 10 with all challenges done on my 544 monk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haiida View Post
    Hexos is the bane of my existence. I finally managed to not die within the first few seconds, but then I always get flustered and end up fat fingering my way to death somehow. One day, Hexos... one day... *shakes fist*
    Hexos is a real learning curve. At the start I died within 5 seconds, then starting to last longer and longer. After about 20 I managed to kill him, but the beam didn't end, so I died. Then I killed him the try afterwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Was fun and challenging for me, no more than 5 wipes on any boss...

... except Hexos the Hope-Eater, to whom I died 77 times.

I killed in on attempt 78, and the fight bugged and I got killed anyway. Gave up for a while.

Came back a few weeks later, having upgraded from about 520 to 545 and finally beat him on attempt 89, after which I breezed through to rank ten.

Yesterday I finished Now You're Just Showing Off and am working to finish Deck Your Collection (only Ty'thar and Dippy & Doopy left). Hardest bit is gonna be levelling battle pets for Dippy & Doopy.

Really enjoyed the concept overall, just wish they had implemented gear scaling (like Proving Grounds) and balanced the fights around that to keep it more prestigious.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

I haven't heard or seen anything but are they adding more bosses and ranks come WOD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    I haven't heard or seen anything but are they adding more bosses and ranks come WOD?
    I really hope so! Very nice activity for when you haven't got anything else to do. Same goes for challenge modes and the proving grounds.

Nibbleh is horrible. Anthracite was buggy, but at least he was possible. Nibbleh is literally impossible with bad RNG. This is not how a fight should be. A fight should reward you for doing it well, not for having good RNG and having the luck that Nibbleh won't randomly stand still or throw a puddle right in front of himself. >_>

The chance of nibbleh throwing it right under himself is horridly low (rough guess below 1/1000?) since the pool animation is larger than what hits him, or his hitbox is smaller than his form - one of the two. I doubt you saw it repeatedly rather than were just too slow with moving him, or turning, etc.

Ofcourse you could be that 1 in a million but... yeah... what is happening that you call bad RNG on nibbleh?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Hexos was the hardest. Mainly because you can't really outgear the mechanics, you can only make it not last as long. Hexos and battle tron were the 2 bosses I had to actually L2P.

I got stuck on hexos a long, long time ago then just stopped trying mainly because I hated waiting 30 minutes + just to spend a good minute progressing. I came back a while later after brawler's guild had died off and there weren't near as many people queueing as before and finally got hexos. Every other boss after that was a push over for my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The chance of nibbleh throwing it right under himself is horridly low (rough guess below 1/1000?) since the pool animation is larger than what hits him, or his hitbox is smaller than his form - one of the two. I doubt you saw it repeatedly rather than were just too slow with moving him, or turning, etc.

Ofcourse you could be that 1 in a million but... yeah... what is happening that you call bad RNG on nibbleh?

Him throwing pools in front of himself/near himself, him randomly stopping long enough for him to buff up at least once, if not twice. Which equals "you're screwed". (this has reportedly happened to many other people)

And it happens enough for this to become more of a RNG fight than a skill fight. Very frustrating, and they should fix it.

If he throws the pool infront or near himself that isn't an RNG issue, you just need to work around it. I've done the fight as shadow priest which is arguably the worst spec for it (no UVLS), you just need to be precise with your kiting.

He doesn't stop long enough to buff up unless you were in melee range too long. This is why the slow backwards walk technique is popular - because it practically negates this if done right (for melee and mobile casters who desire to be in melee)

People also report that the angels don't remove shields on ahooru (because they missed) and that hexos kills them due to lag (99% of the time because they failed)

If he throws the pool infront or near himself that isn't an RNG issue, you just need to work around it. I've done the fight as shadow priest which is arguably the worst spec for it (no UVLS), you just need to be precise with your kiting.

He doesn't stop long enough to buff up unless you were in melee range too long. This is why the slow backwards walk technique is popular - because it practically negates this if done right (for melee and mobile casters who desire to be in melee)

People also report that the angels don't remove shields on ahooru (because they missed) and that hexos kills them due to lag (99% of the time because they failed)

No, you don't get to handwave it off. "People report x.". It's not like I've got to Nibbleh by not paying attention. I know when something is hard due to buggy design, and when it is because it simply requires skill. Nibbleh is the former. And "you just need to work around" a pool dropped almost right in front of him? Ok then.

Seems like you're trying too desperately to defend Blizzard's design. Anthracite and Nibbleh are bugged, and that's that. And the slow backwards walk technique isn't popular, because it makes him bugging out even easier.

I've never had someone turn to me and say nibbleh was bugged after they killed it a couple times. People are just quick to call something a bug because they couldn't possibly fail, you are doing the same. (and I have spent a LOT of time in brawlers guild)

I've never had someone turn to me and say nibbleh was bugged after they killed it a couple times. People are just quick to call something a bug because they couldn't possibly fail, you are doing the same. (and I have spent a LOT of time in brawlers guild)

So have I. It's not like I went here to call Hexos a bugged fight, even though I indubitably wiped on him time and time again. Dismissing claims like that as "well, they're just whining cause they can't get it down." is just lame. I still tweeted Watcher about it, and that they should look into it, so we'll see what happens.

You aren't the first, or the 10th, or the 100th to call this fight bugged- just like every other difficult fight in brawlers. Casting mechanics does not a bugged fight make, nor does wows pathing - you should be able to deal with these as they are consistent and don't suddenly get worse on this fight, you just get punished for ignoring them.

I'm not a blizzard fanboy at all - I'm very quick to criticize blizzard and criticize them harshly, but straight up in over 100 (probably over 500 but I'll be conservative) nibbleh attempts by many different people I've only seen an unavoidable pool once.

If he places a pool infront of him you move him around it immediately. If you like you can watch the projectile and see if it will likely land infront and just swivel him round - dps shouldn't be an issue in current LFR / honor gear. Didn't make it in time? Be closer or use a movement speed increase so you can turn him faster.

Pool to his side? Just go around it, be mindful of it on your next line/loop

He's spending too long on the spot and getting a buff? move away from him earlier, taking into account he has a cast. You are not at the mercy of RNG here, just don't be greedy with attacking him. You have time.