Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You aren't the first, or the 10th, or the 100th to call this fight bugged- just like every other difficult fight in brawlers. Casting mechanics does not a bugged fight make, nor does wows pathing - you should be able to deal with these as they are consistent and don't suddenly get worse on this fight, you just get punished for ignoring them.

I'm not a blizzard fanboy at all - I'm very quick to criticize blizzard and criticize them harshly, but straight up in over 100 (probably over 500 but I'll be conservative) nibbleh attempts by many different people I've only seen an unavoidable pool once.

If he places a pool infront of him you move him around it immediately. If you like you can watch the projectile and see if it will likely land infront and just swivel him round - dps shouldn't be an issue in current LFR / honor gear. Didn't make it in time? Be closer or use a movement speed increase so you can turn him faster.

Pool to his side? Just go around it, be mindful of it on your next line/loop

He's spending too long on the spot and getting a buff? move away from him earlier, taking into account he has a cast. You are not at the mercy of RNG here, just don't be greedy with attacking him. You have time.

It's funny how you say "A bunch of people who killed him said it's not bugged." and use that as evidence that those who say it is just find it unfair that they can't get it down/that they're somehow not skilled enough. So wait, if you can apply the argument that their claims of a bugged fight are because they can't down it, I can also apply the argument that, because people got it down, their burst of victory make them happy and prideful enough to say that it was their own skill that got it down, not good RNG.

After which we can move over to more useful information.

When a mob stops and keeps standing in a pool that buffs it (which is inevitably your death at any amount) when you're quite a few yards away from it, then that's not player fault; that's faulty encounter mechanics at work. And that, together with where he tends to drop his bolts made me tweet Watcher and tell him to check Nibbleh and Anthracite out, if not all of the encounters. You'll probably dismiss the claims as "the people I was with are more reliable than the people who are with you, as well as WoWhead." again. Your anecdotal information somehow being superior to mine for whatever reason, but I don't care, really.

For the record, I find you dismissing such complaints simply with a "Eh! They're just butthurt that they can't get it down!", and henceforth sticking your metaphorical fingers into your metaphorical ears and going "LA LA LA LA! The fight can't be bugged or flawed design-wise in any way! Just whiners gonna whine!" very disrespectful, but what did I expect, really?

Remember killing Hexos then your character would walk right into a beam on it's own when the boss we clearly DEAD. And you wouldn't get credit for the kill when the boss was clearly had 0 health laying dead on the ground.

I had to rekill Hexos like 10 times because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    For the record, I find you dismissing such complaints simply with a "Eh! They're just butthurt that they can't get it down!", and henceforth sticking your metaphorical fingers into your metaphorical ears and going "LA LA LA LA! The fight can't be bugged or flawed design-wise in any way! Just whiners gonna whine!" very disrespectful, but what did I expect, really?
    And I find your lack of ability to accept your own fuckups as immature, but hey-ho. There's some irony you in saying I dismiss your complaints (despite responding to your issues on the fight in turn) and you dismissed those.

When someone can consistently kill a fight after they killed it from then on, the bug is either avoidable (you claim it is RNG and not avoidable), or there wasn't a bug and they were just playing poorly. But I'm sure you're the epitome of player skill and the 1000's who can kill this fight consistently are all just lottery winners.

Anthracite is buggy I never said otherwise, but not in an RNG sense. The animation is not representative of the water spurt which can lead to confusing players. That is indeed a bug since I can't imagine it's intended. At the same time this bug is completely avoidable.

@Orcindauh it's common advice to keep following the maze after Hexos is dead for the few seconds it takes to pull you out - although this is sort of common sense since if you die for any reason in brawlers guild before it pulls you out the arena you risk not getting credit. What caused you to walk forward? You don't need to be moving to turn
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

And I find your lack of ability to accept your own fuckups as immature, but hey-ho. There's some irony you in saying I dismiss your complaints (despite responding to your issues on the fight in turn) and you dismissed those.

When someone can consistently kill a fight after they killed it from then on, the bug is either avoidable (you claim it is RNG and not avoidable), or there wasn't a bug and they were just playing poorly. But I'm sure you're the epitome of player skill and the 1000's who can kill this fight consistently are all just lottery winners.

Anthracite is buggy I never said otherwise, but not in an RNG sense. The animation is not representative of the water spurt which can lead to confusing players. That is indeed a bug since I can't imagine it's intended. At the same time this bug is completely avoidable.

@Orcindauh it's common advice to keep following the maze after Hexos is dead for the few seconds it takes to pull you out - although this is sort of common sense since if you die for any reason in brawlers guild before it pulls you out the arena you risk not getting credit. What caused you to walk forward? You don't need to be moving to turn

You're the one who started assuming I have complaints solely because I can't deal with my fuck-ups, which doesn't really work with the consistency beforehand where I wiped time and time on GG Engineering, the Dark Summoner, Hexos and Battletron and never once whined about buggy mechanics. But hey, believe what you want. I tweeted Watcher, and I won't retract that tweet because I'm sure and confident that it is buggy, because an encounter elite suddenly stopping in his tracks with someone several yards further than the NPC itself can't be intended mechanics.

But you keep citing anecdotal evidence. I already gave my own anecdotal refutation, and you ignored that, so whatever. Yup, I could deal with wiping dozens of times on Hexos without ever complaining about buggy mechanics, but now I suddenly can't deal with my own fuck-ups. This is what I mean with desperate to defend Blizzard. You go through amazing lengths to assume I can't do this or that, when I could do so before. So I don't quite get how you have the gall to call anyone here immature except yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're the one who started assuming I have complaints solely because I can't deal with my fuck-ups, which doesn't really work with the consistency beforehand where I wiped time and time on GG Engineering, the Dark Summoner, Hexos and Battletron and never once whined about buggy mechanics. But hey, believe what you want. I tweeted Watcher, and I won't retract that tweet because I'm sure and confident that it is buggy, because an encounter elite suddenly stopping in his tracks with someone several yards further than the NPC itself can't be intended mechanics.
    This is the ingame pathing. It happens everywhere, not just brawlers guild. A mob will not always immediately follow you the moment you break melee range - and this is how you can reduce damage taken from faster mobs usually, because they will stop and 'think' (path) for a second before moving to you again. Nothing is different about nibbleh here and it's nothing that other people were unable to deal with. If you want to get a scope for just how many have killed nibbleh this might help (as might asking the npc on high pop realms).

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=34&r=&w=&n=

But you keep citing anecdotal evidence. I already gave my own anecdotal refutation, and you ignored that, so whatever. Yup, I could deal with wiping dozens of times on Hexos without ever complaining about buggy mechanics, but now I suddenly can't deal with my own fuck-ups. This is what I mean with desperate to defend Blizzard. You go through amazing lengths to assume I can't do this or that, when I could do so before. So I don't quite get how you have the gall to call anyone here immature except yourself.
    It's generally wise to ignore someones anecdotal 'refutation' when it's not only an insignificant amount compared to your own, but also lacking experience and coloured with heavy personal bias. I don't really care why you feel this fight is wronging you in particular, maybe because you aren't familiar with the mechanics causing you to wipe? I'm not going to say wow's pathing is perfect, but it's more than manageable for most other people, it seems.

Last of all, I repeat I have no interest whatsoever in defending blizzard. I'm more than happy to call them out whenever I feel they're fucking up, but to say their pathing is an issue is to call out more than just 1 fight in brawlers - it affects the whole game. Sure, they could make nibbleh respond super quickly alone (likely they are capable of that but just haven't bothered with wow content in general) but I don't see why they would since once again - I can go in and kill it fine, the only worry being that I fuck up myself (usually by using pet too early)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

This is the ingame pathing. It happens everywhere, not just brawlers guild. A mob will not always immediately follow you the moment you break melee range - and this is how you can reduce damage taken from faster mobs usually, because they will stop and 'think' (path) for a second before moving to you again. Nothing is different about nibbleh here and it's nothing that other people were unable to deal with. If you want to get a scope for just how many have killed nibbleh this might help (as might asking the npc on high pop realms).

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=34&r=&w=&n=

It's generally wise to ignore someones anecdotal 'refutation' when it's not only an insignificant amount compared to your own, but also lacking experience and coloured with heavy personal bias. I don't really care why you feel this fight is wronging you in particular, maybe because you aren't familiar with the mechanics causing you to wipe? I'm not going to say wow's pathing is perfect, but it's more than manageable for most other people, it seems.

Last of all, I repeat I have no interest whatsoever in defending blizzard. I'm more than happy to call them out whenever I feel they're fucking up, but to say their pathing is an issue is to call out more than just 1 fight in brawlers - it affects the whole game. Sure, they could make nibbleh respond super quickly alone (likely they are capable of that but just haven't bothered with wow content in general) but I don't see why they would since once again - I can go in and kill it fine, the only worry being that I fuck up myself (usually by using pet too early)

Then I simply disagree. Firstly because the fact that people got down a buggy boss is not a reason to not fix it. Secondly because, while pathing issues exist especially in old world stuff, the movement of the boss is crucial to this fight. In this way, such an issue is a huge flaw that can unfairly get you killed multiple times, despite you being skilled enough to take it on. If anything, if they have better tech for this, Nibbleh is one of the fights where they should take extra care to make him move well, because it's just so important.

Hexos was a pain on my unholy DK. I'm not sure how anyone was able to do it. 70% of the time it bugs out at the start(something to do with the pet I think), the rest of the time it works, I start doing damage but I have to keep track of runes, runic power and procs all while doing the maze. I was only able to do it finally when the boss bugged in my favor and I was able to damage him even though the maze kept passing through me.

Was much much easier on my warrior and hunter where I had no need to watch my bars or keep track of resources. Since, almost always there is a button to press. I hope all classes had equal or at least similar difficulty in killing bosses. Comparing unholy to my hunter, the difference in difficultly is high.

Nibbleh was hell since I didn't even have the back walking button bound on my keyboard till I did that boss. Still stuck on DK but I think I'll be able to do it with better gear.

Quote Originally Posted by darklift View Post
    Hexos was a pain on my unholy DK. I'm not sure how anyone was able to do it. 70% of the time it bugs out at the start(something to do with the pet I think), the rest of the time it works, I start doing damage but I have to keep track of runes, runic power and procs all while doing the maze. I was only able to do it finally when the boss bugged in my favor and I was able to damage him even though the maze kept passing through me.

Was much much easier on my warrior and hunter where I had no need to watch my bars or keep track of resources. Since, almost always there is a button to press. I hope all classes had equal or at least similar difficulty in killing bosses. Comparing unholy to my hunter, the difference in difficultly is high.

Nibbleh was hell since I didn't even have the back walking button bound on my keyboard till I did that boss. Still stuck on DK but I think I'll be able to do it with better gear.

Yeah, something with the pet bugs out Hexos sometimes. Really, while I like the Brawlers Guild a lot, and find the encounters interesting, almost every encounter could use a slight bit of mechanical tweaking to keep bugs and glitches that make you almost certainly wipe from being so frequent. I'm not sure how anyone could object to that.

Compare disruptron before and after all his fixes, even ignoring the fight was a dps check originally - the fight is a mockery of what it was. The beams that used to one shot most players (500k a hit) are not only easier to jump over now, but also only do 50k if you get hit. Unfortunately if you have strong self healing you can just stand on the spot and take all the hits tunneling the boss. The orbs still hit but obviously people have 50%~ more health than they used to, so an orb that previously 3 shot isn't particularly threatening either unless you run into them.

Ideally I'd prefer if specific avoidable mechanics did % damage instead of static damage, like the rares in pandaria do. You'd still be able to overgear to kill them quicker and avoid mechanics, as well as take smaller % hits from things considered unavoidable (melee and similar), but it'd keep fights like disruptron and zen'shar interesting.

The way to beat Nibbleh simply and with minimal effort is to use the in-game control pad that automatically allows you to walk backwards. That way, there is no stop and start (therefore there is less of a chance of mob pathing issues) and it will increase your chance of success.

Just access the move pad in the interface and use that.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Hexos is the only difficult boss in there. If you've got ADHD, you're gonna have a bad time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hexos was by far the hardest. Took me something like 5 tries to get him down. Rest took 2 at most.
    Cool story bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Hexos seems impossible, until it finally clicks and you make sense of the way his hitbox works with the maze. Its annoying and frustrating, but once that happens its pretty simple.

I tried off and on a few attempts here and there before giving up, then I was on early one morning and returning a quest there so I gave it another shot. There was no one else there, so I had no waiting between attempts, which I think helped a lot. Got it down on my 4th or 5th attempt that day. I'd definitely recommend trying it at off-hours so you can keep doing it quickly, waiting 15 mins between attempts sets you back on the learning curve I think.

Deck Your Collection - Roshambo
    So, i'm at the last part of the last achievement of Brawlers guild. Its been a blast, the last thing i need now is the Roshambo rare card which is a rare drop from the Tillers farm. Now here where i'm concerned; i pushed Tillers alot in early mop, got exalted, unlocked all the farm features and got exalted with all friends of the farm, master of all cooking etc. Basically, i've farmed the farm (lol) alot. Then, i didnt use the farm for a long time, but a couple of weeks ago i started again, doing all brawlers i needed this paper covered rock, but it hasnt dropped now for almost 2 weeks. That is, all 16 plots unlocked, every day doing it. After what i've read most people have gotten it quite quickly.

Now, i'm thinking that, perhaps i did get this brawlers quest item before when i werent caring about Brawl, and now im unable to get it back? How long should i wait before i make a ticket ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ns View Post
    Deck Your Collection - Roshambo
    So, i'm at the last part of the last achievement of Brawlers guild. Its been a blast, the last thing i need now is the Roshambo rare card which is a rare drop from the Tillers farm. Now here where i'm concerned; i pushed Tillers alot in early mop, got exalted, unlocked all the farm features and got exalted with all friends of the farm, master of all cooking etc. Basically, i've farmed the farm (lol) alot. Then, i didnt use the farm for a long time, but a couple of weeks ago i started again, doing all brawlers i needed this paper covered rock, but it hasnt dropped now for almost 2 weeks. That is, all 16 plots unlocked, every day doing it. After what i've read most people have gotten it quite quickly.

Now, i'm thinking that, perhaps i did get this brawlers quest item before when i werent caring about Brawl, and now im unable to get it back? How long should i wait before i make a ticket ?
    You can get multiples of those items - I've gotten them for other ones, though not the specific one you need.

Are you using normal seeds and not growing herbs/ore/motes/etc? You cannot get it from anything except the regular vegetable seeds. I used carrots and got mine after a couple days. RNG is RNG but if you have been doing it for weeks with the right seeds, I don't know, but I doubt a ticket will help much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    You can get multiples of those items - I've gotten them for other ones, though not the specific one you need.

Are you using normal seeds and not growing herbs/ore/motes/etc? You cannot get it from anything except the regular vegetable seeds. I used carrots and got mine after a couple days. RNG is RNG but if you have been doing it for weeks with the right seeds, I don't know, but I doubt a ticket will help much.
    Yes. I was farming only carrots, but changed to all carrots, witchberries, leaks etc. Still nothing and 2 weeks + of that, every day all slots :S

It took me nearly a week to get it, drop rate isn't fantastic. That being said if you really want to you can spam plant for bursting's.

It took me nearly a week to get it, drop rate isn't fantastic. That being said if you really want to you can spam plant for bursting's.
    You mean plant and remove?

Anyway, its been 2 + weeks so i 'm starting to doubt the rng tbh

Stuck on Hexos, got him to somewhere around 25%, but the game likes to register line hits where there aren't any and it messes me up. Either that or I've been lagging during my attempts. Game could just hate me.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Getting the card for splat is the worst. People that do normal scenarios 99/100 times have no idea what they're doing and it's faster to solo them but the people have to slow you down