Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can I take frozen pizza on a plane?

Hey, I'm going on vacation in a month and my friends brought up how I always talk about Giordano's stuffed pizza is the best in the world. So ofcourse they all want to try it. My question is would I be able to take it on the plane? They are 2 10" 5lb each deep dish pizzas. Would be a shame to spend $50 on pizza to have it thrown away.

Ummm... you could take it in luggage, but I have doubts it would stay frozen while waiting in the terminal. Depends on how long the flight is as well, because although luggage bays aren't pressurized they don't get down below freezing afaik.

Probably too big to take in a carry-on, and you wouldn't be able to bring all the ice you would need through security. (Since you are using Inches, I assume you are in the US).

Giordanos ship pizzas across the country themselves, and would almost definitely arrive in better condition than the soggy pizza that you're lugging around in your suitcase....

http://www.giordanos.com/shop/

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you some kind of terrorist trying to smuggle food onto a plane? I'm calling the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by n1ck301 View Post
    Hey, I'm going on vacation in a month and my friends brought up how I always talk about Giordano's stuffed pizza is the best in the world. So ofcourse they all want to try it. My question is would I be able to take it on the plane? They are 2 10" 5lb each deep dish pizzas. Would be a shame to spend $50 on pizza to have it thrown away.
    *edit

Thought you were talking about Digorno's Frozen Pizza.
    Last edited by Super Friendly Kitty Cat; 2012-12-05 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Might be a bit off-topic, but what magical oven do you have that can turn shitty frozen pizza into something that is "the best in the world"?
    Giordano's is #1 world

Step 1: Pack in styrofoam cooler with dry ice.
    Step 2: Pack cooler in box marked "Fragile".
    Step 3: Address box to friends.
    Step 4: Fly to friends and enjoy pizza.

So...did you success now?

Quote Originally Posted by 7h3R3ap3r View Post
    Step 1: Pack in styrofoam cooler with dry ice.
    Step 2: Pack cooler in box marked "Fragile".
    Step 3: Address box to friends.
    Step 4: Fly to friends and enjoy pizza.
    but before you do that make your read all the security issues regarding shipping dry ice. i wouldn't do it.

so no to much work for a pizza. and 25 dollar for 1 pizza? sure it might tast great but i could spend my money on someting else.

Giordano's is #1 world
    Gino's > Giordano's

Deleted
    No. the question is: Can you take a plane on your frozen pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    but before you do that make your read all the security issues regarding shipping dry ice. i wouldn't do it.

so no to much work for a pizza. and 25 dollar for 1 pizza? sure it might tast great but i could spend my money on someting else.
    They ship steaks in dry ice, I know because my grandpa had steaks delivered once, and i put the dry ice in two liter bottles.

Yeah frozen pizza might taste great for people like you. Don't blame us if your teeth got broken. HEHEHE!!!

Fifty fucking dollars on a pizza!?

Are you out of your dammed mind
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Fifty fucking dollars on a pizza!?

Are you out of your dammed mind
    Hes got 2 of them, so clearly it is 25$ each. Plus 10inch deep dish pizzas weighing 5lbs each would indicate they have a ton of stuff on them. More expensive than most places sure, but if the quality or taste is good I guess they can get away with charging more, eh?

I recently used those coolant gel packs when I smuggle about ~10kg's worth of sweets and cakes on to a plane (in addition to a 7kg backpage and a ~10kg laptop bag...) I think they worked reasonably well. If the flight's not too long those ought to get your pizza through to your destination, though maybe wrap them around in a blanket or something and not next to valuable papers...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you can. But it may not be frozen when you arrive.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

It depends on the airline. If it's international then make sure you check, because almost all countries won't let you bring anything in if it's undeclared.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it is international I would check the rules on bringing food in and out. Some things are illegal in certain countries, such as wonderballs in the us.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose