10+ Year Old Account

Mistweaver Issues

Hi there, my Mistweaver is Jellypanda-stormrage. I've been trying to raid 10m normal but most of what I'm seeing is on LFR. If I heal very conservatively my hps is ridiculously low. (Conservative I generally mean Renewing Mists on CD on people that need it and Uplift during AoE damage with Enveloping Mists on the tank taking the most damage.) Yet when I heal how I should be, aka when I include SCK/Lvl 90 talent during aoe and actually channel soothing mist regularly to keep others up my mana drains significant. I haven't logged myself at all so I'm hoping if someone could look at my gear and tell me where I went wrong? Please, I'd be ever so grateful.

I was told the haste cap was 1320 or so, with spirit being top priority then crit.

Many small tips

1. The haste cap has changed with 5.1 It's something like 17 for 1 tick raid buffed and 4723 (after applied stance, 3148 pre) for the 2nd tick. If mana is an issue, I simply recommend going all out crit over going for the second haste soft cap.

2. SCK is very tricky and while it's now our best tool in organised 25m, it drains mana very fast and is often suboptimal in LFR because people aren't stacked enough. The biggest strength of SCK is the mastery procs aren't capped to 6 targets making it scale with it significantly well in 25m. Last but not least, unlike in reg and HMs, the total damage dealt and the window to get good heals out is smaller in LFR. As such, in order to do good in LFR the goal is simply to line up uplift*2-4 immediately after a big aoe (preferably with 12 targets ReMed via TfT if availible). I'm in Ilvl 492, I've even dropped from my tier legs to the 489 from will of emperor for the extra 1k spirit, run flask at all time because im rich enough to do so yet I can still oom in lfr if I spam SCK for kicks and jiggles (read if I want to try to push sightly more numbers).

3. With the above said, you will have more longevity using jab as quick chi gen (over sck) to prebuild 4-5 chi for uplifts after a big aoe. The net difference in healing will hardly be noticeable. There are a few encounters where going in melee range isn't all so great but really other than will of the emperor it shouldn't affect you much.

Other than that its really about never wasting mana teas nor wasting chi (aka sitting at 5 chi because something is coming yet still using jabs or even SoM. It's often better to just use a t2 talent and rebuild another chi for the incoming damage than waste it). If you are truly struggling on mana and ever notice having more than 2 stacks of mana teas up (aka you forgot to use it glyphed on CD) I simply recommend unglyphing. Most encounters, particularily in LFR have enough "low dmg periods" where you can sip a tea for a while.

A lot of good info in the first reply that I agree with.

Aside from that, keep in mind that the damage in LFR is quite low and doesn't really line up well with MW healing, as that shines the most with limited but constant damage over time.

Also, keep in mind that if your LFR includes 1-2 disc priests that know what they are doing, you will probably not have anything to heal to begin with.

What are the other healers in your 10 man? If you are running with a holy pally or a disc priest, a reason why your numbers may be low is because they simply beat you to the heal. If they are, but you are doing everything else correctly (keeping ReM on cooldown, and only throwing it on people who have taken damage instead of blindly throwing it on someone for the sake of putting it on cooldown {but at minimum it should always be on 5-7 people mechanics depending [amber traps back to back ]}, TFT'ing in preparation for heavy AoE damage, etc), then you don't have much to worry about. If you know the fights and you know when the damage is coming, plan accordingly. THAT'S how your HPS will go up. But, if your raid is doing everything correctly (stacking, popping a personal defensive CD, a raid wide CD gets popped, staying out of "x" mechanic, etc), then your life will be less stressful. Yeah, your HPS might be lower than you'd expect, but if it's all done right, you get a kill anyways, and that's not a bad thing, right? Sure, you need to know how to handle things when they take a turn for the worst, or you start doing heroics mode, but for the most part, but if you are doing it all correctly anyways, then you're good to go.

For LFR, don't rely too much on the HPS you have there. You might get stuck with a few good disc priests or holy pallies, or you'll get stuck with scrub healers that have absolutely no idea what they are doing, where the bad DK tank is out healing them. For healing in LFR, most people don't stack correctly, or at all, so SCK can be out of the question. If nobody is stacking, then you're stuck with uplifting. But if you stay with the melee, then SCK would be a bit more helpful.

Overall for LFR healing, it's not THAT big of an issue. Just worry about your performance in your ten man, it's your main group. Performance there matters more, simply because getting more kills in your main raid means getting the gear to eliminate the need for LFR gear, which in turn just means no need for LFR at all, unless you wanna use it as a way to valor cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for all the advice. I should've posted here sooner.

I do use Mana Tea (Glyphed) on CD when I have lost enough mana that I won't be wasting some of it. I'm mainly worried about my 10 m. I'm switching with the best resto druid ever so I want my healing to be as good as hers so they don't get upset that they switch out every so often. I believe the other two healers will be a shaman and a disc priest.

For 10 m, I've healed with said resto druid and a disc priest and always fell beneath them for healing done. I'm kinda glad to see LFR isn't good for getting an appropriate view on you hps because it's always wishy-washy though.

Deau, I'm glad you told me about the new haste cap. Did you mean 1700 or merely 17?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's about 150. It's really low, and you should hit it. I wouldn't worry about the second haste cap until you're at like 485-ish ilvl and comfortable with your spirit.

SCK is really expensive since the mana nerf hotfix. I wouldn't be spamming it too much, especially in 10 man when people are not stacked. Renewing Mists and JabJabUplift will still be better for 10m, since the ReM will cover 6-8 people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, ok, wow, I cannot get my haste any lower... Ah well, thank you SO much. I'll keep with the mana conservation ways I've been doing since it seems to be what everyone has suggested. JabJabUplift, Renewing Mists on quite a few people that actually need it, SPK only when people are stacked. (Which.. I think for MSV is the fire and arcane part on Feng... that's it..) Fantastic, I'll try this and come back if I need more questions answered. Thank you SO SO SO much. You've all been very kind!

15+ Year Old Account
    Spirit Kings Qiang (first guy) and Meng (madness guy) usually have stacking. Depending on your strategy, you might stack for the burn phase on Elegon (my group stacks and burns through him before the debuff gets too high; only tanks reset).