Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantViolet View Post
    If it were MoP at the top of the list, someone would have posted it in the WoW section, and you'd be all, "Yeah! It's so true!" I've said it before, I'll say it again, quit posting here if you don't like GW2. Seriously, it's getting old.

To the topic at hand, that is a fine list of games all together.
    your obsession with my opinion is getting old. MoP was met with heavy HEAVY resistance leading up to launch and when it released 90% of the people who thought it would tank were wrong. everyone who thought gw2 would outlast religion are now not even playing it because the game is about as exciting as watching grass grow in the outback.

when gw2 is around in 8 years with 10 million constant players then i'll concede it being on the same level as what mike o'brien reckoned gw2 could be vs wow. and that idiot saying gw1 was basically garbage really proves who were the brains of the trio who formed anet. and those brains left long ago.

Deleted
    Give it a rest InfiniteRetro seriosult mate, I no longer play WoW and have crap ton of issues with it especially with MoP and you dont see me "express" my opinion on every damn thread that praise it it. Its getting ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xizzu View Post
    Give it a rest InfiniteRetro seriosult mate, I no longer play WoW and have crap ton of issues with it especially with MoP and you dont see me "express" my opinion on every damn thread that praise it it. Its getting ridiculous.
    Maybe you just have less time on your hands Its a forum, if you dont like people put them on ignore and never see a word they say. GW2 is deserved of a top 10 place, whether its deserved of a number one is so subjective and these magazines will differ all over the place, dont see a need for a thread based solely on one magazine no matter how big it is.

were you there scolding all the gw2 fanboys going into every thread, youtube vid, blog, news article telling them NOT to tell every other mmo gamer that their mmo of choice will die because of gw2? no? didnt think so. i have a right to an opinion. funny how no one wants to hear the negative but FULL PRAISE is always on the menu.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    were you there scolding all the gw2 fanboys going into every thread, youtube vid, blog, news article telling them NOT to tell every other mmo gamer that their mmo of choice will die because of gw2? no? didnt think so. i have a right to an opinion. funny how no one wants to hear the negative but FULL PRAISE is always on the menu.
    Um what? is this some personal vendetta against those trolls which infested youtube and other sites praising gw2 while bashing other mmos? Oh and btw it happens with every new MMO and fans that play WoW do that too! I know I know shocking!

Nothing wrong with negative issues with valid points, because gw2 does have negative points is repating the same crap over 3 months that annoys me while declaring that you stopped playing it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    your obsession with my opinion is getting old. MoP was met with heavy HEAVY resistance leading up to launch and when it released 90% of the people who thought it would tank were wrong. everyone who thought gw2 would outlast religion are now not even playing it because the game is about as exciting as watching grass grow in the outback.

when gw2 is around in 8 years with 10 million constant players then i'll concede it being on the same level as what mike o'brien reckoned gw2 could be vs wow. and that idiot saying gw1 was basically garbage really proves who were the brains of the trio who formed anet. and those brains left long ago.
    And with this quote I rest my case

P.S. Get some anger management tips, this a bit unhealthy.

Alright, guys. Drop the World of Warcraft vs Guild Wars 2 fans bullshit.

This thread is about the Time Magazine 10 best games of the year. Or more specifically Guild Wars being ranked #1 on that list.

Do you agree? Let's hear it.
    Do you not agree? Let's hear that too.

If you are talking about World of Warcraft or Guild Wars 2 fandom here- you are very likely making a mistake.

-- Fencers

I pretty good list in my opinion. I can agree with most of them. I also fully agree that Torch light 2 beats Diablo 3 big time.

Can't say I have any huge qualms with that list. Pretty solid overall. And, as ever, the top 2-3 spots are really personal preference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    Can't say I have any huge qualms with that list. Pretty solid overall. And, as ever, the top 2-3 spots are really personal preference.
    All 10 spots are subjective tbh, but yes the list isnt too bad, the only time i'll see a list I agree with is when I do one of my own for time magazine.

How can they rank gw2 so high when nobody is playing it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Actually bots still play it!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Are you playing it?

Let me give you guys a little hint when it comes to Guild Wars2 and MMOchampion.
    As a person who has been infracted, "accidently/incorrectly" for making commentary about GW races, I can tell you, the lvl of bias some people in control have over the game, is to such a degree that any chance to attack discent against it will be taken by some. Think about it.

Its a fine game, and what many of you don't realise, is for people who just want to play a game, not live a lifestyle, this is perfect for them. Why shouldn't it be in a normal mag, and ranked #1? It totally makes sense.

Some people don't make a lifestyle choice when they play a game. Some people are not fanatical to that degree. The fact we are on a game page, and are like, "el-oh-el, how can people like that, X is better" really hits home how much of a divide there is between, "us," and just your average joe who wants to swing a sword at a dragon, then go to bed.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-12-06 at 08:14 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I found the game quite boring, it brought really nothing new to the table it pretty much felt like every other typical MMO around after the week of newness warn off. I also hate the Combat mechanics and the way the players move feels like i am floating off the ground. Anywho not saying its a horrible game but i felt it was over hyped and just another MMO, would i compare it to WOW not really cause i actually think they are different games in there own way but over all i am tired of all the same style of games I wish a developer would have some balls to recreate the MMO genra more then just this stupid free to play bs.

Leveling new character now the game feels so smooth. Right amount of VO, dailies where you have a lot of freedom how to finish them, beautiful graphics ... it's not 100/100, but compared to TOR/TSW/WoW I play on and off as well it clicks way better.

@valcrist Dunno, maybe try Planetside 2 or Firefall when it comes out ... those are kind of new take on MMOs. GW2 is like old school MMO done roaming style. I wouldn't mind if TES was like that.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Since I've played this game for 500 hours, I'd have to agree with Time. Easily the best one I've played this year. I haven't been this sucked into a game since Skyrim.

Time Magazine and their well known video journalism.

Oh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodpad View Post
    Time Magazine and their well known video journalism.

Oh.
    We can disagree on the order of that list, but the content of that list is spot on! Time magazine or not!

We can disagree on the order of that list, but the content of that list is spot on! Time magazine or not!
    True. It's a very good list.