Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nice list. It has Torchlight 2 on it.

I would say "Before people start putting down Time for writing about gaming"...but that's already happened.

Anyways, Matt Peckham is actually a very astute guy when it comes to gaming. He's not some random journalist who got picked to write up a bit on the top 10 games, he's a gamer and he writes about games. That's kind of his job and he's pretty good at it. He's no gaming whiz (most gaming journalists are terrible at video games), but he's quite knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    So do you just have a feed showing you all the articles written about GW2 across the internet? =D
    Kind of like how certain people on this forum have a need to make a derogatory comment about GW2 every chance they get. Probably evens out no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Kind of like how certain people on this forum have a need to make a derogatory comment about GW2 every chance they get. Probably evens out no?
    Yup of course you can't tell them that same thing on both sides anyway.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    LOL always nice when people NEED to post stuff to try and assert a videogames position. personally, theres a heap of other games that are higher. and of course, Time magazine know the pulse of gamers /s
    As opposed to people's need to shit all over everything they don't like?

Deleted
    I don't even know how they create these lists. Just some random autor writes his favourite games. That's all. Yeah, that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Archeus9 View Post
    I don't even know how they create these lists. Just some random autor writes his favourite games. That's all. Yeah, that really matters.
    See my earlier post about Matt Peckham. He's not "some random author", he handles gaming and some consumer tech for them online. So it's kinda his "schtick". It's like the top 10 lists at any other gaming news site, an individual/group of individuals will get together and create the list based off their subjective opinions.

While I don't really see GW2 as number one, it was a pretty good list, (I really need to get a copy of Xenoblade and Last Story though *sigh*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz to Anet on having their game make this list, awesome job!

LOL always nice when people NEED to post stuff to try and assert a videogames position. personally, theres a heap of other games that are higher. and of course, Time magazine know the pulse of gamers /s
    Chuckles to you and the other haters on this thread making such statements. God forbid someone post something positive about a game on its own sub-forum.

It's always difficult to take lists seriously when they mix MMO and non-MMO games together, or they give a review of an MMO very early in it's life.
    Why can't they mix MMO and non-MMO games?

And reviewing MMO's is difficult. Too many places review them at launch then never re-visit, which is challenging because MMO's are constantly changing. So you can get a review that's "accurate" for the time that it's written, it just won't always be relevant a year, or even 3 months, down the road.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    As opposed to people's need to shit all over everything they don't like?
    Infinite and Bovinity are simply trolling their asses off when it comes to GW2 regardless if they actually dislike it as much as it appears, but of course you're not allowed to say that are you, may I have my infraction please...

Don't say I don't deliver. If you think someone is trolling, report them. Posts that simply call others trolls add nothing to the discussion aren't productive or welcome. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-12-05 at 08:35 PM.

So do you just have a feed showing you all the articles written about GW2 across the internet? =D
    Well, since Anet posts their news via Twitter, yea there is a feed showing the GW2 articles across the Internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Lol I'm sorry but that ranking is just awful Halo 4 is number 9 and Assassin's Creed III is 5th terrible rankings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol I'm sorry but that ranking is just awful Halo 4 is number 9 and Assassin's Creed III is 5th terrible rankings.
    And with that said, I can see this thread being overrun by Blizz fanbois or GW2 h8er who see the link to this thread on the main MMOC page and ridicule how the author knows nothing about video games or how much he got paid by Anet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The post you quoted didn't mention GW2 or a Blizzard game, so...if you're going to dismiss a comment based on certain subject material, it's helpful if the comment actually contains what you're talking about. =)
    I do actually, since I've already seen it happen on threads such as this who praise games regardless of what it is on a these forums. Good attempt at trying to be witty though

And I didn't dismiss his comment, I merely used it as an example as to what is to come.
    Last edited by Razeo; 2012-12-05 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do actually...what? That doesn't make sense in regards to anything you just quoted.
    Hence why they put the "edit" option in place.

Keep it on topic guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    And with that said, I can see this thread being overrun by Blizz fanbois or GW2 h8er who see the link to this thread on the main MMOC page and ridicule how the author knows nothing about video games or how much he got paid by Anet.
    Or there are actually people who know what a good game and what isn't that don't play Blizzard or don't hate GW2. Come down from the crazy tree, the group down here know something about something.

If it were MoP at the top of the list, someone would have posted it in the WoW section, and you'd be all, "Yeah! It's so true!" I've said it before, I'll say it again, quit posting here if you don't like GW2. Seriously, it's getting old.

To the topic at hand, that is a fine list of games all together.

I'm not surprised GW2 topped the list. It's an amazing game if you'll let it be. Neither am I surprised to see this thread full of negativity.. this forum is full of it.