Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW and Titan theory...End of Azeroth in next expansion?

I have a theory about the end of World of Warcraft, or Azeroth, and the next MMO which is Titan.
    I don't have that much information tbh, it's mostly just me making up this in my head from
    some of the lore I've gathered in-game!

This is all actually just me speculating, but I think some of it makes sense, so I wanted
    to share it with you and see if you think I'm crazy or not.

I think I recall hearing something about Titan being "WoW2", or the sequel to WoW, which
    got me thinking about the end of WoW (lorewise, not communitywise) and all these forum posts
    about Sargeras being the superfinal boss in WoW.

So, to start, let's take the beginning of the Wrathion questline in MoP, where he talks about
    how the conflict between the Alliance and the Horde must end soon, because a divided Azeroth
    can't defeat the coming darkness, or something like that, and projects a hologram of the planet
    Azeroth, and shows meteors falling down on Azeroth from the sky, much like Infernals behind the
    undead guy in the vanilla WoW cinematic.

Now with patch 5.1 coming out, I say it points towards the Burning Legion and Sargeras even more.
    Also in 5.1, a bigger conflict between the Alliance and Horde.
    So, obviously, it hasn't calmed down yet.
    So let's say that during MoP, the conflict doesn't end, and the Burning Legion does in fact
    land on Azeroth, we're all pretty much screwed. Unless some loreimportant figure (you name it,
    could be anyone, like Bolvar or Anduin or Thrall or even Rexxar, although that's unlikely), comes
    with an extremely good argument, and settles things down, and kind of "unites" the Alliance
    and Horde against the Burning Legion and we face off together against Sargeras.

Now, I think the end level cap in WoW will be 100, and according to the leaked Blizzard release
    schedule, WoW's expansion #5 and Titan will be released almost simultaneously, which is in the
    end of 2013. So what I think is, after 90, we level to 100, unite with our enemies, face off against Sargeras
    and possibly the end of Azeroth.

Then WoW ends, and Titan begins.
    Or I could be totally wrong, and WoW and Titan has absolutely nothing to do with eachother.
    I read on Wikipedia that Mike Morhaime said that he thought WoW and Titan was able to co-exist on
    the market, so maybe they are totally different from eachother.

But I don't know, what do you think? Did any of this make any sense, or was it all completely
    unlogical?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Blizzard have said a gazillion times that "Project Titan" (still a codename I'd like to point out) is a brand NEW franchise. Besides "Cataclysm" was pretty much the "End of Azeroth" expansion.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Titan is not related to Warcraft, Starcraft or Diablo. That has been CONFIRMED several times.

Now, what is Titan about, is where people can speculate.

Ok, so I was wrong about Titan.
    But IF Sargeras is "right around the corner" (so to speak, it's still a long time, and Sargeras might even not show up), what will happen then, what will happen after?

Deleted
    Wow won't die until Blizzard start loosing money to produce it, for that to happen the subscriber base would need to drop well below 1 million players, until that point they will keep making new expansions. The end will never come.

We have Burning Legion, Azshara, Old gods and titans left to face, and inbetween or after these Blizzard will invent new lore, or there may be new lore that appears during these expansions. They aren't going to run out of ideas any time soon, be certain of that.

The only thing that I can see becoming a problem 10 years down the line is the wow engine, and while they update it from time to time sooner or later it will probably need a complete overhaul.

Also from a Business point of view, it would be absolutely moronic for Blizzard to release another MMO that is going to steal it's player base it makes no sense what so ever.

Who says Sargeras will ever come? I don't think so personally.

As long as Sargeras is somewhere and the titans are somewhere, we have a game.

Titan = new franchise for Blizzard, i.e. - Not Starcraft, Warcraft or Diablo related...

So there goes your theory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Titan is not related to Warcraft, Starcraft or Diablo. That has been CONFIRMED several times.

Starcraft and Diablo aren't related to WoW either, though they grabbed their own chunk from the WoW community. So the 'not related' stuff is just PR talk imo.

OT: I think you're quite close, although I think they lowered the level increase to 5 per expansion for a reason. So ATLEAST 2 expansions from now on. And then still it won't end, maybe just no expansion releases anymore. But when like 5 million people are still paying monthly around that time I won't think they will ever stop

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Blizzard have said a gazillion times that "Project Titan" (still a codename I'd like to point out) is a brand NEW franchise.
    The word you are looking for is 'Intellectual Property' or 'IP', you are correct in saying that Blizzard call 'Project Titan a new IP'. This doesn't mean that it has to be a new franchise though.

They're totally unrelated. And as some posters already said, they won't stop WoW until they start loosing money with it. And that won't happen for a long time.

It still is one of the only competitors on the MMO market which is

1. Really Good
    2. Runs on nearly every computer

They know their stuff, and WoW will continue for a long time. Because they have the good ideas.
    And IMO the release of Titan will be awesome, because it's a Blizzard game in the end, did they ever release a bad game? xD

Deleted
    That's the third thread I've seen now that completely disregards that the Burning Legion is way beyond our scale. So what if the Horde and Alliance band together, we're insects to the likes of the burning Legion. No important faction character has any right to be leading the charge against such a colossal enemy. Varian vs Sargeras, so stupid. Tirion helped us fight the lich king, which is suitable, in my opinion. As is the aspects helping us destroy deathwing. The only appropriate help we can get for Sargeras is the Titans/Old gods, something in that region.

I bore myself having to write that for the third time.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 10:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    That's the third thread I've seen now that completely disregards that the Burning Legion is way beyond our scale. So what if the Horde and Alliance band together, we're insects to the likes of the burning Legion. No important faction character has any right to be leading the charge against such a colossal enemy. Varian vs Sargeras, so stupid. Tirion helped us fight the lich king, which is suitable, in my opinion. As is the aspects helping us destroy deathwing. The only appropriate help we can get for Sargeras is the Titans/Old gods, something in that region.

I bore myself having to write that for the third time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    The word you are looking for is 'Intellectual Property' or 'IP', you are correct in saying that Blizzard call 'Project Titan a new IP'. This doesn't mean that it has to be a new franchise though.
    Oh wow, I didn't know Nik was in my old servers best guild. Go Ascendance!
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-12-05 at 10:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

I know that but it is a shame, i would totally play World of Stacraft XD

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Starcraft and Diablo aren't related to WoW either, though they grabbed their own chunk from the WoW community. So the 'not related' stuff is just PR talk imo.

OT: I think you're quite close, although I think they lowered the level increase to 5 per expansion for a reason. So ATLEAST 2 expansions from now on. And then still it won't end, maybe just no expansion releases anymore. But when like 5 million people are still paying monthly around that time I won't think they will ever stop
    They said they wont stop releasing expansions as long as people are subbed.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Furell View Post
    Having some things in common and a somewhat similar style is one thing.
    Titan being Warcraft's universe in the future (à la Warhammer 40k), which is what OP is talking about, would be VERY Warcraft related, don't you think?

But now it's been stated in this thread that Titan and WoW (sadly) doesn't have anything with eachother to do...
    and it's probably no use trying to start discussing theories about future lore now, this thread is killed

although I DO think I had some good points in my first post, not where I was wrong about Titan being WoW's sequel, but about the Horde and Alliance and Burning Legion and stuff!

This here is my favourite rumour on Project Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Necator View Post
    I think I recall hearing something about Titan being "WoW2", or the sequel to WoW
    Well you heard wrong.
    You are correct that "a new IP" alone doesn't make it a new franchise but the fact that they have also said it isn't related to any previous blizzard game kinda does.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2012-12-05 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Blizzard have said a gazillion times that "Project Titan" (still a codename I'd like to point out) is a brand NEW franchise. Besides "Cataclysm" was pretty much the "End of Azeroth" expansion.
    This^

Also we have SO many good expansion ideas/rumours up, i definitely hope that OPs wont come. What about, The Emerald Dream, The Nerubian Empire etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Necator View Post
    Ok, so I was wrong about Titan.
    But IF Sargeras is "right around the corner" (so to speak, it's still a long time, and Sargeras might even not show up), what will happen then, what will happen after?
    Blizzard will do what they want to. They created a metric ton of new lore just for WoW. Most of it was not part of the RTS but just happened to be part of old existing lore as soon as WoW launched. The RTS games and WC3 are a small snapshot in the history of the world and I can't wait for Blizzard to break free from the older games. There are plenty of directions they can go before and after Sargeras with current lore and there are other worlds we no nothing about that may hold answers or pose problems for us in the future.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Please explain how a new IP does not mean a new franchise, unless you mean a one and done game with no sequels or spin offs. Because the Use of IP, especially in the realm of video games almost certainly means a new franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Also from a Business point of view, it would be absolutely moronic for Blizzard to release another MMO that is going to steal it's player base it makes no sense what so ever.
    It makes more sense to shift your customers to your new product rather than see them slowly trickle to competitors. They've lost more players than they've gained. That to me is an indication that they need to be able to offer something for players who've grown tired of WoW and something for potential new players who consider WoW too old.