Deleted

What makes a shaman fun to level and play?

For some reason, I don't really enjoy playing a shaman. Now it has been ages since I tried one, so I don't know how MoP changed the class.

What makes Shaman fun for you to level and play at max-level? And which spec do you enjoy and for what reasons?

I may just try it again....

I used RAF on myself to level a WW monk and ENH shaman, whenever I played my enhance shaman on the main screen it felt like I was slowing myself down, in other words levelling was a little bit of a pain.

I find enhancement really fun at max level though, it turned around pretty quickly for me once it hit 85. So much so that I dropped my 5 year old main for this guy. Personal preference to be honest though.

yes... levelling a class, won't give you the whole class-experience. while a full levelled/geared carakter will indeed do...

10+ Year Old Account
    There are folks who enjoy to be chained up naked against the wall with a plug in their butt, while some clown with a mask is whipping them. Playing an ele shaman in pvp is about the same, just that the plug contains itching powder and that they put electricity on the chains. Enhance is in a really good state though, both in pve and pvp.

I have played a bunch of classes, and tbh the worst to level would most likely be my shaman and my warrior, but after 7 years of wow what am I playing? It's my shaman and my warrior. The most fun I have leveling was my rogue which I still miss and may play again. Easiest classes that I have leveled would be hunter and warlock, no contest there.

I love my shaman for end game content, main spec resto and off spec enhancement, Acendance is really fun as enhancement and overall I like the resto style of gameplay for healing.

If you want to have fun leveling a shammy try going ele, I guess it would be the most fun of the three choices.

Ele shaman feels great. Where each lavaburst felt like you were blowing crap up, kind of like a mini chaos bolt that you spend time getting ready to unleash. But sadly you see the combat text tell you your hardest hitting ability hits for 30K on contender geared people and you weep and delete your shaman.

Enhancement was tons of fun to level as for me, always something to hit and zero downtime

Deleted
    Having the option of being a melee dps, ranged dps or healer. Totems are still fun, even after the big change. We got so much utilities it's crazy, I specially love Ascendance, Heroism, Stormlash Totem and what else... Ghost Wolfs, Astral Recall, Water Walking and the far seeing thingy. We got so many things to play with, but I guess every class kinda has that... I've always quite liked Shamans, but was stuck on my Paladins due to mounts/achievements, long live shared account.

Leveling an Elemental Shaman (again) as an Alliance this time; learning half of your abilities relatively early is great (Lava Burst at Lv34?). Smooth sailing after that. Not sure past 85 but I'm looking forward to my Elemental Blast!

Elemental is hella fun at max level. And with the changes, you can put yourself up on the charts, provided you know what you're doing (and maybe sometimes hope others don't ;P).

Elemental's Mastery is fantastic. You never feel more badass than when you get a nice stream of procs and Elemental Blasts and Lava Bursts are just SPEWING from your shaman, and the awesome sound of Lava contact on dirty bug/Mogu/Sha skin. The burst is just awesome. Ascendance is great.

What first attracted me to being a shaman though was.....Ghost Wolf. I love it. And blue is my favorite color.....

Dark blue. Not no light Mage blue. Although mages are pretty fun.

Deleted
    Hmmmm, im really having a hard time with my shaman. I've played my shaman as main in Wotlk and Cata, and was really looking forward to continue in MOP, but I feel that all the cooldown are ruining the gameplay. I like to have one MAX two huge DPS cooldown I can use when I want to see meters rise. Shamans have GW, ASC, SL totem, BL, Fire Elem, earth Elem..... And all with different CD time. I also think that there is too many GCD where I dont have any buttons to press. I know how to play my shammy and do very competitive DPS, but I just dont like how they work in MOP
    I've ressurected my Ol' retri pally and enjoying the two CD's he has

Deleted
    I think that classes like shaman or mage are more interesting and fun in higher level. At the beginning they don't have much possibilities.

Elemental used to be a blast in PvP from Vanilla through Wotlk. Then Wrath ended and we fell back into the dustbin while Blizz defends their position to not fix/buff us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Ele shaman feels great. Where each lavaburst felt like you were blowing crap up, kind of like a mini chaos bolt that you spend time getting ready to unleash. But sadly you see the combat text tell you your hardest hitting ability hits for 30K on contender geared people and you weep and delete your shaman.
    How do you manage to only hit 30k? I've seen fulmination crits as high as 500k on several occasions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezuga View Post
    Hmmmm, im really having a hard time with my shaman. I've played my shaman as main in Wotlk and Cata, and was really looking forward to continue in MOP, but I feel that all the cooldown are ruining the gameplay. I like to have one MAX two huge DPS cooldown I can use when I want to see meters rise. Shamans have GW, ASC, SL totem, BL, Fire Elem, earth Elem..... And all with different CD time. I also think that there is too many GCD where I dont have any buttons to press. I know how to play my shammy and do very competitive DPS, but I just dont like how they work in MOP
    I've ressurected my Ol' retri pally and enjoying the two CD's he has
    I know what you mean, I miss the old Elemental Mastery, but Ele only has 2 real cooldowns that matters for personal dps anyway, and that is Ascendance and FET. SlT has same CD as FET anyway so I usually use it with that or the 2nd one with BL or 2nd FET depending on fight, and you just EET after FET finishes.