Poll: Draenei warlocks; would you like to see them?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    levixus has already proven that draenei can second guess their allegiances and seek demonic magic
    I never disputed that. Power is always a temptation. That's why Draenei are so vigilant and act on the first sights of corruption.

Personally I don't even have a problem with playable Eredar. (My Draenei would have)
    But Draenei Warlocks make no sense at all.

Actually Warlocks in general don't make sense. The guards of Darnassus or Stormwind would kill you on the spot if you'd stroll around with your demon out.

jurim's existence has proven that draenei can be warlocks without mutating into broken or man'ari.
    Again: One random rare NPC that has warlock abilities but no lore background whatsoever doesn't prove a thing.

I bet that the transformation to a man'ari is not instant. Such things take time. So maybe your NPC just has crossed over to the dark side (for the cookies, obviously)and has yet to mutate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say yes. Ever since the lore-bending surrounding Tauren paladins and the like, I've changed my opinion of class/race combinations - all classes should be open to all races.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say yes. Ever since the lore-bending surrounding Tauren paladins and the like, I've changed my opinion of class/race combinations - all classes should be open to all races.
    I don't think Blizzard will do Draenei Warlocks. Not because of Lore-reasons (They have Metzen for that lol) but because of the popularity Draenei WLs would get. Draenei are popular already, not sure Blizzard wants more Draenei players around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I don't think Blizzard will do Draenei Warlocks. Not because of Lore-reasons (They have Metzen for that lol) but because of the popularity Draenei WLs would get. Draenei are popular already, not sure Blizzard wants more Draenei players around.
    If that were the case they wouldn't have introduced Blood Elf warriors. I don't believe Blizzard much cares about what race the playerbase chooses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Actually Warlocks in general don't make sense. The guards of Darnassus or Stormwind would kill you on the spot if you'd stroll around with your demon out.
    yet, varian is trying to recruit the council of the black harvest to the alliance against the horde (garrosh is trying to do the same for the horde).

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Slaughter_Selenora

everybody hates warlocks until they realize warlocks win wars. than even the naaru like warlocks. this is dialog from Xi'ri datamined from the warlock questline:

Seeker of Chaos... Summoner of Demons... Wielder of Shadows...
    The existence of your kind has not escaped our notice, <Name>.
    You walk the line between absolute power and total corruption.
    Like Illidan, you constantly struggle to bend the all consuming chaos to your will.
    Much like Azeroth has survived, where many, many others have fallen.
    Perhaps you can succeed where he failed... Perhaps you can accept the disorder of this universe.
    Your kind can tread where we cannot. Your kind can survive where others might perish.
    <...>
    I will unlock the crystal's power, but only you can decide how it is to be used.
    Choose wisely, <name>.

that one bold line from the naaru, for me that's enough justification for draenei warlocks. they can get the draenei to win their war against the darkness.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

IF they do it, it would probably happen during the next expansion with the big battle against the Burning Legion. If they do it, I will have a warlock and draenei for the first time on my character list.

Unless my dwarf shaman gets replaced with a draenei shaman before then!

Stupidest reason ever sorry.

If Taurens can be paladins, if Nelfs can be mages, if Belfs can be warriors, if Draeneis can be Shadowpriests not that diferent, Draeneis could be warlocks.

Every race warlock are cast-aways except Undead since they dont care, Draeneis warlocks could be a secret society aswell, there lore fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't get me started on that Naaru Warlock bullshit... a really had to control myself and not rage just like when they gave Velen that stupid "We should leave Azeroth" line in the pre cata event.

Arrgh...

Problem is Blizzard thinks Warlocks are cool. That's why they are playable in the first place and why they bend so much of the lore around them.

Hell they even had a hidden string on their class description website back in the day that stated warlocks as "cool guys".

Personally I wish warlocks would be reserved as enemy casters. BAD guys.

But oh well Blizzard wants subscription numbers...

if Draeneis can be Shadowpriests not that diferent
    Inform yourself before writing stupid things like that. There is a huge difference between a Shadow priest and a warlock.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-12-05 at 02:57 PM.

Please don't get me started on that Naaru Warlock bullshit... a really had to control myself and not rage just like when they gave Velen that stupid "We should leave Azeroth" line in the pre cata event.

Arrgh...

Problem is Blizzard thinks Warlocks are cool. That's why they are playable in the first place and why they bend so much of the lore around them.

Hell they even had a hidden string on their class description website back in the day that stated warlocks as "cool guys".

well, I main a warlock, I love my warlock, and he's not a bad guy. to each their own.

personally I'd love to have draenei warlocks. it's the second thing I want the most in-game, right after playable naga (because naga girls are hot )

Deleted
    Why the hell not? Why can't there be one race in the universe that is pure hearted?

But despite our love to the light, we are not perfect. The way most of us treat the Krokul that have come back proves that.

Yes I used "us" and "we" just to annoy you. :<
    Because the idea of an entire race being all goodie-goodie makes them far too identical to each other, where's the personality if there is no sense of variation of cruelty and evil? Other races must feel really darn depressed just by being near a Draenei seeing as they are not perfect and commit sins all the time. (By all the time I do not necessarily mean on a daily basis, but compared to someone who never does it, who on top of that is immortal, it must feel that way.)

It's a bit the same as Orcs would be incredibly boring if they were all about "me orc, me smash, you die!" Although when writing that it does feel like I'm closer to describing Ogres, but even they have their differences of those who wish to stick out from the rest, and not just be a savage brute.

And your attempt to annoy me does not work. :3

Edit:

I don't see how a Draenei who dabbles in fel magic in attempt to do good, with the "by any means necessary" mentality, could be unreasonable. I'm not saying they would lore wise be a big force or that there would be a lot of them, a small group is enough for it to be playable in-game.
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-12-05 at 03:03 PM.

Please don't get me started on that Naaru Warlock bullshit... a really had to control myself and not rage just like they gave velen that stupid "we should leave Azeroth" line in the pre cata event.

Arrgh...

whats the probleam with warlocks? They make perfect sence, a spellcasting type with pets, else there would be only hunters with pets at Vanilla wow, if they developed a pet system may aswell atlest give it to another class not just hunters, now more classes with have pets but in Vanilla that didnt happened.

Also at Vanilla warlocks balanced the casters type else would be only mages, Elemental shamans were melee hybrids mostly, Noone played moonkins, SPs yes there were good at PVP "facemelters" but very underused at PVE, so to balance mages warlocks made sence as another caster type

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Arrgh...

Inform yourself before writing stupid things like that. There is a huge difference between a Shadow priest and a warlock.
    I think your problem is the warlock itself... not the fact that Draenei could be warlocks...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because the idea of an entire race being all goodie-goodie makes them far too identical to each other, where's the personality if there is no sense of variation of cruelty and evil? Other races must feel really darn depressed just by being near a Draenei seeing as they are not perfect and commit sins all the time. (By all the time I do not necessarily mean on a daily basis, but compared to someone who never does it, who on top of that is immortal, it must feel that way.)
    Well every individual, probably not. I give you that.
    Hell my priestess is wounded beyond belief and is just out there to get revenge and kick demon butt. She understands the orcs were used, she understands the Sin'dorei were betrayed by their price, yet still she has strong negative feelings towards both races. She doesn't kill them on sight but if they give her the slightes excuse, they're toast.

Some pure hearted Draenei she is, eh? I guess insanity does that to you.

But overall the race should be about being good and wise. And not evil "want more power" individuals.

@Hellfury: Warlocks don't make sense lore wise. Go play the past Warcraft RTS games if you don't believe me. Mages could just as easily gotten permanent pets back then.

I think your problem is the warlock itself... not the fact that Draenei could be warlocks...
    Both. In a world that has suffered so much at the hands of demons, the notion of "imma summoning a succubus to have fun!" is just absurd.

Both. In a world that has suffered so much at the hands of demons, the notion of "imma summoning a succubus to have fun!" is just absurd.
    in a world that has suffered so much at the hands of people with guns, the notion of "imma buying a gun to have fun!" is just absurd.

or not

10+ Year Old Account
    in a world that has suffered so much at the hands of people with guns, the notion of "imma buying a gun to have fun!" is just absurd.
    I'm a German. So my answer to that question would be: "Yes".

I'm well aware that Americans see it differently.

Deleted
    Well every individual, probably not. I give you that.
    Hell my priestess is wounded beyond belief and is just out there to get revenge and kick demon butt. She understands the orcs were used, she understands the Sin'dorei were betrayed by their price, yet still she has strong negative feelings towards both races. She doesn't kill them on sight but if they give her the slightes excuse, they're toast.

Some pure hearted Draenei she is, eh? I guess insanity does that to you.

But overall the race should be about being good and wise. And not evil "want more power" individuals.
    Considering the current mindset of your priest, would it really be so unreasonable that a Draenei in a similar situation, in desperation turns to take in stronger but darker magic? If you see all this death and chaos around you, and you see an alternative path that could help even further to prevent further destruction from happening, this tool that has been there all along. Surely some could slip up and embrace it, even though they know it's wrong?

This could be done without affecting the overall "goodiness" of the Draenei race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so you can think a bit about it:

Some arcanists can cast fel spells, perhaps after drinking demon blood.[2]
    [...]
    Unlike arcane magic the use of fel magic corrupts the user’s body and soul. By contrast the chief danger of arcane magic is that using it inevitably leads to the desire to wield greater power: power that only fel magic can provide.[3]
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Fel

Considering the current mindset of your priest, would it really be so unreasonable that a Draenei in a similar situation, in desperation turns to take in stronger but darker magic? If you see all this death and chaos around you, and you see an alternative path that could help even further, this tool that has been there all along. Surely some could slip up and embrace it, even though they know it's wrong?
    Yes I can. But the problem is: fel casters get corrupted. And eventually they will succumb and become a toy of the legion. Every warlock out there is basically just a walking time bomb.

Sure he may be able to help now, but at what cost? At what risk?

I'd prefer if blizzard would flesh this out more instead of making the warlock class a kiddie magnet.

I'm a German. So my answer to that question would be: "Yes".

I'm well aware that Americans see it differently.
    I am brazillian, not american

the point is: even if germans say "yes" and americans say "no", that just shows you that it's all subject to one's opinion. there's are risks at being a warlock. you can summon a succubus and she may devour your soul. there are also some pretty good benefits like... power. "You walk the line between absolute power and total corruption." people who believe the benefits outweight the risks will become warlocks. that's not absurd in any form or shape.

"Your kind can tread where we cannot. Your kind can survive where others might perish." - this is an extremely good benefit for the draenei. to go into the darkness and beat their enemies at their own game. to cast one spell and make your enemies fight to death aganst each other. as long as a very small sect of the draenei sees this, we can have draenei warlocks. remember that draenei shamans are also a small minority and they are often seen as herectics by their people, yet they are playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure a Draenei could go to a gnome WL and learn how to do it. But as soon as he does, he ceases to be Draenei and evolves to a Man'ari. Yes you could argue that the game catches and freezes the time frame before the corruption is actually visible and thus allow the use of the Draenei model.

Game mechanics > lore I guess.

Draenei are just afraid that the "disease" of the Krokul will cut their ties to the light b/c many of them think it's contagious. That's why any Broken was an outcast until Velen himself welcomed them back in.

Technically: Magic in the Warcraft universe is nothing more than a form of energy that can be used by any individual that has ne necessary willpower and talent. That's why there are Tauren Paladins and Gnome priests. Some combinations just don't fit the theme of the race very well, like Tauren warlock, Draenei warlock, or Dwarven magi.

Deleted
    Isn't fel magic supposed to be ridiculously corrupting, going completely against the drenei ideals, lore and image?

No from me, seems as absurd a race-class combo as is possible.