Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Feral] Stats & Questions

Hello,

I have some questions regarding secondary stats for Feral druids.

1. Hit/exp: cap? As a miss refunds 80% of energy.

2. Mastery: number one stat, is this correct? (As it boosts 4P Tier bonus)

3. Crit: follows Mastery, as it boosts Mastery and 2P Tier bonus

4. Haste: useless?

Can't post my armory yet .. so eu . battle . net/wow/en/character/azjolnerub/Darkcookie/advanced

So my question is basically the following: what is the priority list for secondary stats as a Feral druid?

And given my current gear, how much DPS should I be able to pull on a boss like Ta'yak?

Thanks

(I hope the link isn't against the rules?)

The stat weights are different according to talent choice. NV vs HoTW etc. Generally its mastery->crit->haste->hit/exp although some talent specs ie heart + soul of the forest and heart + inc are haste> crit = mastery > hit/exp. The easiest spec to play if your just starting out is NV + SoTF, only having to worry about using 1 c/d and that stat prio goes mastery -> crit -> exp = hit -> haste.

DPS wise i cant help you to much as i tank most fights but fights like feng im around 75k and imperial vizier i get about the same. lower gear lvl + weapon ilvl than you to.

Deleted
    I use DoC, does this mean hit/exp are most important?

Also, what uptime should I be aiming for on Rip/Rake? I'm currently hovering around 70%, and I know this isn't optimal, but what is? ~90%? ~80%?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPear View Post
    I use DoC, does this mean hit/exp are most important?
    Also, what uptime should I be aiming for on Rip/Rake? I'm currently hovering around 70%, and I know this isn't optimal, but what is? ~90%? ~80%?
    Hit/Exp caps then mastery for DoC, if you ever miss a Doc rip, you'll never not be hit capped again. As far as timers, 100% on Savage Roar, as close to 100% as possible on Rake around 86% for Rip or there about is optimal.

As for DPS that will vary depending on gear/ weapons. Pick up relic of Xuen if you have the spare gold-it's well worth the investment. We have a similar ilvl and on a single style 'patchwork' fight I'll do 88-91k on average. With something like Ta'yak I would think 75k shouldn't be to hard to pull off just make sure to put up a full Doc rake/rip right before the 20% phase transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraxe View Post
    The stat weights are different according to talent choice. NV vs HoTW etc. Generally its mastery->crit->haste->hit/exp although some talent specs ie heart + soul of the forest and heart + inc are haste> crit = mastery > hit/exp. The easiest spec to play if your just starting out is NV + SoTF, only having to worry about using 1 c/d and that stat prio goes mastery -> crit -> exp = hit -> haste.

DPS wise i cant help you to much as i tank most fights but fights like feng im around 75k and imperial vizier i get about the same. lower gear lvl + weapon ilvl than you to.
    Now that it is not worthwhile to use Heart and go caster, does it devalue Haste as main stat, since it was for more Wraths?

Haste is just the worst stat for ferals at the moment and doesn't give you anything useful, the energy regen is not even noticeable and our bleedings don't scale with haste (would be actually really cool to have the same mechanic for bleedings as for usual dots.). Our bleedings should be #1 and #2 damage source, not to mention that Thrash also scales with Mastery so therefore DoC really prioritize Mastery where HotW didn't really prioritze anything, the stats were really close to each other and you could basically reforge what you want and do decent, you didn't even need to be hitcapped or exp capped. Just prioritize Mastery / Hit and Expertise and after that reforge out of haste into crit if you are hitcapped and the item already has mastery on it.

As for your gear and DPS, you could easily do 85-90k on Feng, maybe a bit less. Tayak isn't accurate and you need to do an intervall from 100%-20% to see your effective DPS in world of logs and compare that to other.

edit: Also, I would take NS as 2nd tier talent because it provides you 2 charges of DoC every minute which is really helpful to get a TF'd RIP and Rake at the same time Even though it might be expensive, get a dancing steel enchant. After they fixed the PPM system its just really really good and has a 60% uptime which equals about 1000~ agility flat.
    Last edited by nijuu; 2012-12-03 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    Hit/Exp caps then mastery for DoC, if you ever miss a Doc rip, you'll never not be hit capped again. As far as timers, 100% on Savage Roar, as close to 100% as possible on Rake around 86% for Rip or there about is optimal.

As for DPS that will vary depending on gear/ weapons. Pick up relic of Xuen if you have the spare gold-it's well worth the investment. We have a similar ilvl and on a single style 'patchwork' fight I'll do 88-91k on average. With something like Ta'yak I would think 75k shouldn't be to hard to pull off just make sure to put up a full Doc rake/rip right before the 20% phase transition.
    If with patchwerk you are talking about a fight like garajal then 88-91k is quite low actually. I killed garajal this week with an ilvl of 483 (mogushan weapon+not yet relic of xuen, nothing yet upgraded and no dancing steel enchant cause i am bad) and i did 92,7k dps. With that ilvl, weapon and trinket you should be able to do 95k+ dps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    If with patchwerk you are talking about a fight like garajal then 88-91k is quite low actually. I killed garajal this week with an ilvl of 483 (mogushan weapon+not yet relic of xuen, nothing yet upgraded and no dancing steel enchant cause i am bad) and i did 92,7k dps. With that ilvl, weapon and trinket you should be able to do 95k+ dps
    This is very true, i pulled 111k on sprit binder last week with 500 ilevel using DoC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    This is very true, i pulled 111k on sprit binder last week with 500 ilevel using DoC.
    I may want to add that I am not a DoC master just yet. I felt like i did a pretty good job with it, but by no means superb. I harcasted one healing touch just before execute cause i messed up even. That's like a 300-400k damage loss at the time i did it.

Only real reason to spec into HoTW now is if your guild is reallllllly struggling with a high damage fight of a phase and need heart tranq. which really should be never

Deleted
    Only real reason to spec into HoTW now is if your guild is reallllllly struggling with a high damage fight of a phase and need heart tranq. which really should be never
    works well on tsulong hc :P

If with patchwerk you are talking about a fight like garajal then 88-91k is quite low actually.
    88-91k on Gara'jal is actually not quite low. Just because someone does less damage then you do doesn't mean his damage is 'quite low'.

Just as a reminder the current top 200 on WoL:

10N (#1/#200): 103629/80477
    10H (#1/#200): 117661/63461
    25N (#1/#200): 103506/84876
    25H (#1/#200): 118056/93242

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dancm View Post
    88-91k on Gara'jal is actually not quite low. Just because someone does less damage then you do doesn't mean his damage is 'quite low'.

Just as a reminder the current top 200 on WoL:

10N (#1/#200): 103629/80477
    10H (#1/#200): 117661/63461
    25N (#1/#200): 103506/84876
    25H (#1/#200): 118056/93242
    Sorry. What I ment is that it is easily possible to get higher numbers than mine with that gear. Even I see some big errors in my own setup, so noone with good knowlege of the spec and higher gear should be doing lower than that. I was basically just correcting the numbers which synapse provided, to reflect the op's gear.

EDIT: By the way the world of logs reports for that fight are not reflecting the damage of many ferals properly, because they were going into the spirit realm. In reality those numbers you listed would be a lot higher.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2012-12-03 at 05:37 PM.

I must've not gotten this memo since I've been HoTW for all but one heroic mode (and that was a mistake too, swapped back next week) up to and including Sha =/
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2012-12-03 at 06:26 PM.

Sorry. What I ment is that it is easily possible to get higher numbers than mine with that gear. Even I see some big errors in my own setup, so noone with good knowlege of the spec and higher gear should be doing lower than that. I was basically just correcting the numbers which synapse provided, to reflect the op's gear.

EDIT: By the way the world of logs reports for that fight are not reflecting the damage of many ferals properly, because they were going into the spirit realm. In reality those numbers you listed would be a lot higher.
    If it were that easy why don't you get higher numbers? Your expectations might be higher and people over here like to exagerate but 'easy' is probably the wrong word. Possible would be better. Also did you actually look into some of the logs? World of logs does have no problems with the spirit world if you use the right people to parse. I haven't looked into all those logs but those I looked in had no gaps for the feral.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    I must've not gotten this memo since I've been HoTW for all but one heroic mode (and that was a mistake too, swapped back next week) up to and including Sha =/
    HotW is still vastly superior if you'll be using it's duration for AoE dmg. It seems that 3 targets or more is the breakpoint.

If it were that easy why don't you get higher numbers? Your expectations might be higher and people over here like to exagerate but 'easy' is probably the wrong word. Possible would be better. Also did you actually look into some of the logs? World of logs does have no problems with the spirit world if you use the right people to parse. I haven't looked into all those logs but those I looked in had no gaps for the feral.
    I already explained why my numbers were lower than what I listed. I did some obvious mistakes with DoC and did not have relic of Xuen yet (got it this week), nor did I have a dancing steel enchant on my weapon, nor did I have it upgraded (no vp).
    Big issues which are easily fixed. With an ilvl about 7 higher as well as having those issues fixed every good feral is able to get the numbers I listed.
    About the logs. For me it seemed like you were just looking at the top feral dmg log compared to the 200th in order to prove your point which is that not a lot of ferals get as high numbers as I said.
    What I am trying to say is that the gap between highest/lowest looks bigger on WoL than it really is. If the feral is not recording the WoL himself it will (in most cases) not record every dps he does.
    Last edited by mmocea9cec0ead; 2012-12-04 at 09:38 AM.

I already explained why my numbers were lower than what I listed.
    You misunderstood what I am actually talking about. It's not about your numbers. I was talking about your use of 'quite low' or 'easy'. Actually I do consider your numbers and the ones posted by FeralSynapse as really good (but not perfect as noone is actually perfect). The Links to WoL should just remind you that your numbers (and FeralSynapse's) are probably way above average. And yes there's always room to improve.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 02:59 PM ----------

For me it seemed like you were just looking at the top feral dmg log compared to the 200th in order to...
    Actually I looked at least into one of the 200th logs.

Deleted
    Wow, thanks for all the replies! I think I have to polish my skills a little bit, since I do around 80k on Gara'jal :P (I should also start using Thrash on OoC .. )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPear View Post
    Wow, thanks for all the replies! I think I have to polish my skills a little bit, since I do around 80k on Gara'jal :P (I should also start using Thrash on OoC .. )
    A lot of it comes with practise as well. At some point you will know if you can afford to FB at this point and still keep SR and rip up. Or knowing when to desync a savage roar with the rip

I'll admit I have not perfected the DOC rotation yet (swapped from HOTW now that my 25man doesn't need the extra CD about 1.5 weeks ago but had been practicing it on the side). Feral is a lot of fun but it just takes practice-and yes Ooc procs for Thrash will help your dps a good bit. Honestly I'd consider myself an above average feral (Cata baby here, Feral was actually the first spec I played in the game, and fell in love with it-even after having one of every class at max level) so I think our dps would be very similar. Here's my WOL from last weeks Gara'jal fight ( I do not go under) if your interested I am just barely scraping the 490 ilvl and have pretty bad luck with drops, currently sitting at 104 on WOL (dropped a few places since Tues). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/9...?s=2293&e=2529