10+ Year Old Account

Protection paladin weapons, whats best?

Scimitar of Seven stars vs. Kilrak, Jaws of Terror. does the strenght gem really outweight.. gemming after preferance + mastery socket bonus?
    Please post opinions on this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haaz View Post
    Scimitar of Seven stars vs. Kilrak, Jaws of Terror. does the strenght gem really outweight.. gemming after preferance + mastery socket bonus?
    Please post opinions on this.
    Generally, id always go with the higher ilvl weapon as the secondary stat budget on weapons really isnt huge compared with other armour items, and so it's all about the dps. Getting a gem slot is always nice, however i cant see the + 500 strngth gem being such a big deal for us: parry from strngth isnt a terribly exciting stat, and dont believe the added AP from the gem is anything of note compared to what vengence brings.

From my pov:

hc kilrak > hc amber > norm kilrak > norm amber sword > lfr kilrak / norm elegon > lfr amber > lfr elegon

EDIT: having a bit of a brain derp as i thought the kilrack had a higher ilvl then the amber sword from the same raid difficulty. I blame tiredness and being away on business in Hull of all places /shudder. Anyhoo rethinking based on this i conclude: both as good as each other - difference is negligible.
    Last edited by mmocf6305105ff; 2012-12-05 at 03:39 PM.

The purple ones seem better than the blue or green ones. IDK. It's all personal opinion.
    "Three Apples changed the World, 1st one seduced Eve, 2nd fell on Newton, and the 3rd was offered to the World half bitten by Steve Jobs."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Since you lose the ability to gem it with something useful (Strength isn't particularly high on our priorities), Kilrak is inferior to Scimitiar by a pretty big margin considering. The strength's conversion to parry isn't bad but verses a Puis/Lightning gem with the socket bonus you'd be silly to take the BiS weapon off a DPS in favour of a protection paladin.
    Does not really matter if strength->parry conversion is good or bad when parry in itself is just horrible.
    If you raid 10 man, the added AP from Str has a very high value though. However, as a paladin, give weapons to everyone else first, then take what weapon that noone want, simple as that. Weapon is by far lower upgrade for paladins then any other class.

10+ Year Old Account
    well.. I dont wanna know prio on loot.. say I have both, wich I do.. I just aint sure wich one to pick sitting with scimitar atm.. since I valor upgraded that one..
    and since everyone calls me it.. NO I AM NOT A LOOTWHORE! I was just lucky with coins

armory link for the curious:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Haaza/advanced
    Last edited by Haaz; 2012-12-07 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just seen that Championn has same avatar as me This means war, which I shall win!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Just seen that Championn has same avatar as me This means war, which I shall win!
    awhh hands up for merin! the creator of the allmighty prot thread!

10+ Year Old Account
    Should we have a vote? To the death? For who gets to keep it? Everything is "to the death" with me, I seem unnaturally violent for a paladin considering God/Allah/Buddah/Robert Mugabe/whatever other (weird) deity is by my side.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Should we have a vote? To the death? For who gets to keep it? Everything is "to the death" with me, I seem unnaturally violent for a paladin considering God/Allah/Buddah/Robert Mugabe/whatever other (weird) deity is by my side.
    The Light. Or, in the case of a Blood Knight, a fanatical devotion to the City of Silvermoon (and I guess the Light too, after Lady Liadrin went all goody two-shoes for A'dal).

As for the weapon...it really doesn't matter too much, the only things that scale with weapon damage are CS and HotR. Everything else is %attack power + base value.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Since you lose the ability to gem it with something useful (Strength isn't particularly high on our priorities), Kilrak is inferior to Scimitiar by a pretty big margin considering. The strength's conversion to parry isn't bad but verses a Puis/Lightning gem with the socket bonus you'd be silly to take the BiS weapon off a DPS in favour of a protection paladin.
    yeah my original post assumed that the sha touched had a higher ilvl then the scimitar. derp. edit concluded that their both essentially as good as each other, any differences being immaterial.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 07:51 AM ----------

Im so voting for Championn, he'd surely trounce the lvl 87 merin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Im so voting for Championn, he'd surely trounce the lvl 87 merin
    I may be level 87 but I pack a punch, and a mars bar for when times are tough! Plus over 6 years of playing paladin. Provided he isn't in full raid gear, I fancy my chances. To the death! Or the light, or whatever... But til death!