Heroic Will of the Emperor 10m Help/Advice needed

Hello all, we are currently working on heroic will and although we have only put in 2 attempts, I can feel that the sparks might be a problem.

We started off three healing (I'm not sure how viable that is now with decent gear levels as i know it wasn't earlier this tier) and our comp is as follows:

Prot Warrior
    Prot Pally
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Frost Mage
    Hunter (most likely gonna go sv)
    Enh Shaman
    Ele Shaman
    Rogue

I saw a couple videos here and there and I saw some rogues tanking strengths full time and soaking the sparks. What all abilities do they have to soak and what are their cd's ? Same goes for all the other classes. I am the hunter, and I more or less know what to do, but what about the other classes ?

I also need to know if that comp is viable or would we need to switch things up.
    And what abitlites do we have at our disposal with that comp to handle the various mechanics. Should we drop a healer ? When should lust be used etc. I would just like some pointers and advice on how to tackle this boss quickly instead of trial and error which would take some wipes and we want that realm first as we are neck and neck on the race.

Having just killed Heroic Will last weekend, I do have a couple suggestions for ya. Your Rogue is probably the best melee soaker of all, and can Cloak of Shadows and Feint a good majority of the single target Sparks. Our rival guild on our server uses their Resto Druid to Deterrence at least 2 Rage Sparks at a time...and I believe they just root and nuke the hell outta the Rages. I would recommend you have your Priest go Shadow if possible, as Dispersion is godly here...as well as your Mage, who can Blink out of a Spark explosion, Ice Block and Cauterize (if he's Fire) to survive as well. The Holy Paladin can bubble through one if necessary...and I'm not sure what Shaman have to get them through it, if anything.

When you get past the third wave of adds, and you have that lull in spawns, pop Heroism/Bloodlust and really pound out as much DPS as you can on the bosses...then kill the next wave of adds (2 Rages, 1 Strength, 1 Courage) and right after that, make the final push and just all out nuke the bosses. CC the remaining Rages and have the Strengths tanked off to the side. Just keep the Rages away from the group and you'll be fine. You may lose your Rogue or Enh Shaman here, but it should be smooth sailing for a kill. It's really all about getting through the first 3 sets of adds, then rinse and repeat your soaking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post

I saw a couple videos here and there and I saw some rogues tanking strengths full time and soaking the sparks. What all abilities do they have to soak and what are their cd's ?
    If your rogue is going to be taking strengths full time I have some suggestions:

Have the rogue take the sparks from the first set of Rages using CoS (it's a full immunity), one of your tanks will have to pick up the first strength that spawns, but it isn't a big deal because the bosses aren't out yet. One of our tanks would generally soak the first Strength spark but it's really just up to you guys. All the subsequent Strength sparks will be taken by the rogue with feint. Have him/her spec into Elusiveness to further reduce the damage taken. Make sure the rogue calls out to the healers right before the strength dies so they can be healed up.

I would suggest not putting the rogue into any other part of your Rage/Courage spark soaking rotation. After the initial Rage spark soak, Cloak of Shadows should probably be kept for circumstances where there is a spark near/fixated on your rogue, and he/she just happens to be able to soak it. It's a good backup to have available. Just make sure you are communicating properly.

The actual act of tanking the strengths is pretty mindless. Just stand in his crotch and avoid the circle. The circle will get bigger if he gets energized by a nearby spark, but it's still not hard. The only tricky part is on the first set of adds, there are four strengths, and I always cut it a bit close in terms of the time between when the third one dies and the fourth one spawns. But I'm still rocking 476 weapons and trinkets. To give myself some breathing room I'd actually pop my potion on the third strength. If it's an issue, the other dps can obviously attack the strength too, but it probably shouldn't be until he's at a lower health so they don't pull threat.

Your dps should be watching for if the rages target the rogue tank, and try to CC or get them to re-fixate as soon as possible. Your rogue should also be looking out and prepared to sprint away. It's a pain lugging around the strength but it's better than dying.

Have fun! It's an interesting fight on 10man; seems to stretch a lot of classes in terms of having to use all their abilities.

OH! Maybe some words of encouragement: the first set of adds is the hurdle. Once you get past that point, it's all really downhill from there. Except for the poor healers

Four sets of Rages - Deterrence - Resto Druid Deterrence - Deterrence - Greater Invis from mage with Paladin's bubble as backup soak.

I would strongly suggest to drop a healer, especially with that setup (no DoT classes). BL can really be used anytime.

Drop a healer, preferably picking the two healers who are consistently top on that fight. The enrage isn't really that tight, but dropping a healer will give you room for error. Your disc priest and his PW: Shield will be most advantageous, but we have also killed it without me there, so it's not mandatory.

Our rogue and mage were able to take almost every single spark. Your rogue can take it with glyphed Feint. Our mage took the sparks with Blink. The sparks have an animation which begins a second before they explode. So our mage would run to take one, watch the spark, and blink as soon as the animation started. It is a really small window, but it looks easy enough. We had our hunter use Deterrence or rogue Cloak to soak the ones that could not be taken with Blink or Feint.

We had our fury warrior tank the strengths, but your only other melee is an enhance shaman. I think this will work, he just might need a little attention from healers.

Good luck! I really, really love this fight as a healer. It's so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpriest View Post
    Drop a healer, preferably picking the two healers who are consistently top on that fight. The enrage isn't really that tight, but dropping a healer will give you room for error. Your disc priest and his PW: Shield will be most advantageous, but we have also killed it without me there, so it's not mandatory.

Our rogue and mage were able to take almost every single spark. Your rogue can take it with glyphed Feint. Our mage took the sparks with Blink. The sparks have an animation which begins a second before they explode. So our mage would run to take one, watch the spark, and blink as soon as the animation started. It is a really small window, but it looks easy enough. We had our hunter use Deterrence or rogue Cloak to soak the ones that could not be taken with Blink or Feint.

We had our fury warrior tank the strengths, but your only other melee is an enhance shaman. I think this will work, he just might need a little attention from healers.

Good luck! I really, really love this fight as a healer. It's so much fun!
    So you think we should have everyone on adds then ? Cuz originally we were thinking of having the enh shaman stay on the bosses for extra dmg and just have the rogue tank the strength and be on it full time. I did not know blink would work but if it does as you said, that is huge. It would be fine to have just me (1 min cd on deterrence talented) and mage on the rage sparks, rogue on strength and we could just have our disc go shadow and disperse the courages and also be backup for anyone else. That way we can have the enh shaman stay on boss. Would that be feasible ? Or would we get overrun by adds with having 1 dps only on boss ?

Deleted
    Not sure if I am going against any posting rules but here's a video of my guild's recent kill from my point of view (combat rogue)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=NUP9BRRXecw

My job was to tank the Strengths, soak the strength sparks (with feint + elusiveness talent). I saved cloak of shadows for emergencies, just as rayanne, above posted.

We had our tanks and some dotting as the damage done on the bosses, apart from the interludes where you have a window of no adds to dps the bosses.

Deleted
    Our setup is usually
    tanks: They usually soak the first 2 rage waves (No other adds nor bosses up anyway)

Blood dk (Heals himself 80% of total damage done, they're just ridonkulus on this fight)
    Prot Warr

Dps: Rogue/Monk focus on the Strength adds. The rest focus the Rages and Courage whenever up. Also dots on the bosses whenever possible.

Mage: Backup with Iceblock/Cauterize (Also Cc's the 5th Wave of Rages since a Courage will spawn)
    Hunter: (Me), I soak 3'rd and 5th wave of rages that spawns
    Rogue: Soaks the 4th wave of Rages before a dpsphase, Also soaks Strengths with feint/cheat death/cloak.
    Warlock, Soaks the Courage
    Boomkin. Backup with symbiosis on the Rogue.
    Ww Monk. Tanking the Strength's, Soaks only whenever the Rogue is off somewhere else soaking (Courage/rage)

Healers:, Mainly focus on the Rogue and Warrior tank. Since those 2 will the only one's taking a considerate amount of damage.
    Rdruid
    RShaman

We found cc'ing the 5th wave of adds most effective for us. and then smack down 5th wave and 6th wave together and then have me soak the sparks from all 4.
    This gave us time to get the Courage killed. We still only had ranged on this one. As melee tends to get funked over by the dance if they have to focus the courage aswell.

I'd say. Have your Enhancement on the Strength adds aswell as your rogue. There is a burnphase after a total of 12 Rages, 4 Strengths and 2 Courage's have spawned. there is no rush to kill the boss.

So, Enhancement and Rogue on Strengths. (If your Enhanc could "tank" those it would be to your favor as the rogue will do alot of soaking)
    Have your priest go shadow.

Then go something along the lines of Spriest > Hunter > Rogue > Spriest> Hunter> Rogue when you do the soaking
    Have your mage stay on guard for backup with Iceblock/Cauterize/blink and such. your H-paladin could (but i hope he/she'd never have to) Bubble)

Your comp is more than viable. You have enough soakers. You just have to co-ordinate them well.

Good luck
    Last edited by mmocec14909945; 2012-12-06 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    Hello all, we are currently working on heroic will and although we have only put in 2 attempts, I can feel that the sparks might be a problem.

We started off three healing (I'm not sure how viable that is now with decent gear levels as i know it wasn't earlier this tier) and our comp is as follows:

Prot Warrior
    Prot Pally
    Resto Druid
    Disc Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Frost Mage
    Hunter (most likely gonna go sv)
    Enh Shaman
    Ele Shaman
    Rogue
    Okay let's see. My guild killed it fairly recently in about ~10 pulls. The hardest part of this fight is in my opinion in the start, as there are so many adds spawning.
    It's important to understand the timers in this fight, and use them to your biggest advantage.
    First of all, do your disc priest have a shadow spec? 2 healing is very very easly done, as the damage is really low and you got both a ele and enh shammy. Have them drop thier healing totems/healing rains if it's required, i had my done almost all the time and the healers could focus mainly on the tanks. The tanks take 0 damage for half of the fight too, as the dance is 10 attacks and not 5, so they only need to be focused while the bosses are building energy. Make sure they do thier best to rotate cooldowns so the healers can focus mainly on the raidgroup. Shadow priests and affliction warlocks are awesome here. We had one each and the only thing they did was pretty much dot up everything they possible could.

You got a rogue, which is awesome. We had to make our monk go Bm for soaking the strengths, but a rogue should be able to single handedly soak all the strengths very easly. Make sure your hunter helps with misdirecting to him though, so someone else doesn't agro it by mistake.
    Our hunter took EVERY single set of rages, except the first one in the early start, where we had our tank pop a cooldown and take them. Explanation why shortly.

This leaves us with the courages soaks. These can be tricky. It will be a total of 5 courages in the fight though, so you only need to have a rotation consiting of 5 soak spells. I would suggest not using the shadow priests dispersion (if he can go shadow) as it would be good to save it for rages as a backup, if you would miss one for some reason. When the first courages dies the bosses aren't up, so let a tank soak that one, after that there will be 4 left. The best thing to do would be having your paladin soak the second one (first one after the tank) with bubble, then have your mage soak 1 with iceblock (cauterize as a backup), after that use your enhancement shammy with shamanistic rage + astral shift (30%+40% damage red) and on the last one you can use your bubble from the paladin once more.

Time for the actual stretegy that we used. I do believe this is the easiest one, as if you do it correctly you will never overlap adds, don't have to stress and always have control over the fight. The basic thought of this strategy is to utilize the 1 minute cooldown on deterrance every time, and never have rages up when courages spawn. Im going to do a brief timetable, then explain everything.
    IMPORTANT: When only strength adds are up/the only ones you can attack, you should always prioritize them before the bosses, to make sure they do not overlap.

FIGHT STARTS:
    (1st spawn):Kill rages, tank soaks
    (2nd spawn):Kill rages, hunter soaks
    (1st spawn):Kill courage, Paladin soaks
    (3rd spawn):CC rages (Make sure you have assigned CC targets. Ex: Mage left, shammy right. Mage infront shammy the one in the back if they stack)
    (Bosses appear) Pop BL nuke the strength that is left and then go all out on bosses until.
    (4th spawn):kill ALL 4 of the rages, (pref fairly close to eachother), hunter soaks. (BL will end around here)
    (5th spawn):CC rages
    (2nd spawn):Kill courage, mage soaks
    (6th spawn): Kill ALL 4 rages, hunter soaks.
    [1st DEADTIME] dot the strength add up, let the rogue finish it, go all out on bosses.
    "Phase 2" (when the deadtime ends, the add spawn will be different.)
    (1st spawn): Kill rages, hunter soaks
    (2nd spawn): CC rages
    (1st spawn): Kill courage, enhance shammy soaks
    (3rd spawn): Kill ALL 4 rages, hunter soaks
    [2nd DEADTIME] repeat 1st deadtime
    Repeat "phase 2" again (although paladin soaks the courage)
    [3rd DEADTIME] same thing as the other two, Pop BL as soon as the sated debuff expires
    After this point you should just CC all the rage adds that spawns, let your rogue pick up the strength. All out nuke the bosses.

Our tank died at 10% and we still managed to kill it with 6 people up, if he dances you are fine, so hope on that ^^
    What i just wrote above may sound confusing and hard to pull off, but when people understand when to do what (i basically called out when we were going to CC, that's it) Everything went really really easy. Make sure you have a marker in the middle where everyone stacks up really tight (except rogue/tanks) so that the rages group up more quickly. Rotate aoe stuns/snares/slows. Make sure to tell your shamans to use thier stun totems with totemtic projection. When they get close to you, everyone move backwards (still saying stacked). Make sure they die maxmimum around 5 seconds apart.
    If they die stacked the hunter can soak all 4 really easy. If one targets the rogue, have your shadowpriest soak that one.

I guess that's everything. I really hope this helps, sorry if it sounded confusing. Important note: 8 of our 10 wipes where in the start of the fight (before the 1st deadtime). We used these to basically figure out how to keep the rages snared/stunned as much as possible and have people learn to aoe the shit ouf them faster^^ WHen we got that down and learned to move backwards together (make sure that no retard runs to the side instead of backwards, as soaking becomes alot more difficult.) It was an very easy kill. Dw about the berserk timer or anything like that, you are probably alot better geared then requried to beat it. You got a druid and a elemental shaman which is awesome, use thier knockbacks alot.

If you got any questions feel free to ask!

So you think we should have everyone on adds then ? Cuz originally we were thinking of having the enh shaman stay on the bosses for extra dmg and just have the rogue tank the strength and be on it full time. I did not know blink would work but if it does as you said, that is huge. It would be fine to have just me (1 min cd on deterrence talented) and mage on the rage sparks, rogue on strength and we could just have our disc go shadow and disperse the courages and also be backup for anyone else. That way we can have the enh shaman stay on boss. Would that be feasible ? Or would we get overrun by adds with having 1 dps only on boss ?
    We didn't leave anyone on the boss. Our dps were all on adds, throwing dots or an occasional cast on the boss when they could. There are intermission phases where adds will not spawn and your dps will be able to damage the bosses efficiently (use BL here!). Towards the end of the fight, you will hit the soft enrage when there is no intermission phase, and you will have to cc the adds using Ring of Frost and the likes.

If you have really high dps output, you can probably leave your shaman on the boss and do as you said. We had our shadow priest disperse the sparks if we ever fell behind or if they were in really tough spots and close together. I feel like using only Blink and bigger cds will put you in a spot where you're overrun on sparks. This is why I suggest using Feint to your advantage and why it's so good for 10m.

A rogue on the strengths is definitely feasible, though. It's worthy to note that rogues can also solo the courages because they have incredibly powerful slows and are good at just sitting on a target. Perhaps your enh shaman can do this with Frost Shock if you want to use your rogue to tank.

I highly recommend using the rogue for soaking/courages and putting your enh shaman on the strengths, but if your shaman just gets pounded (remember, he also has Maelstrom heals and rock ele!), then your can probably switch him with the rogue. This fight is just about tweaking what works best for your group. It shouldn't take longer than a few attempts to get a good idea.

EDIT: Tele's post above mine is very informative. That's another way your group can easily do this fight.
    Last edited by Lumpriest; 2012-12-06 at 09:33 AM.

To add to the points about healing, it's easily two healable. Make sure your healers relax and don't spend lots of mana early trying to top people up all the time. There's absolutely no need. You can get by with just efficient AOE healing spells for the most part. This is key to lasting the long encounter. You can even sneak in a focus potion in there, so the damage is slow enough. I don't really know how good Disc Priests are on this boss but there's constant AOE damage and people are mostly spread out in 10 man. I'd wager it'd be best to take your Resto Druid and Holy Paladin.

I hope my guild doesn't read this but the first time I healed the whole fight, I had friends over and I was talking to them the entire time with my headphones off :P It wasn't very hard at all.
    Ashr