View Poll Results: Is this expansion worth the money?

Voters
202. This poll is closed
  • Yes

142 70.30%
  • No

35 17.33%
  • Sort of - It has got stale fast

25 12.38%
Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you getting your Money's Worth out of this Expansion?

Do you think you are getting your moneys worth out of this expansion so far? Be honest, and try to be objective (if you love it or hate it). Personally I think the lore behind the raids is lacking, and the daily quest fiasco could have been dealt with better.

Are you enjoying the stuff blizzard has produced? Are you not entertained? If so, what is keeping you logging in each and every day?

Just seeing where everyone stands after 2 months into the expansion.
    Last edited by Jaylock; 2012-12-05 at 05:55 PM.

The major advantage of the good game is that you can entertain yourself in it for as long as you like.

As bad as the lore behind the raids in this raid tier are, and how terrible the daily quest design is
    I don't think so these things are so terrible. What's wrong with raids lore?
    do you think you are getting your moneys worth out of this expansion so far?
    Yes

Deleted
    Yup. I've played for 100+ hours and I paid about 25 euro for the x-pac, so I think that's definitely worth the money.

Deleted
    let's put it this way. I am playing about 15-20 hours per week, which for me is very, very casual.

It works out alright-ish. If I played any more actively I would probably have unsubbed already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    I don't think so these things are so terrible. What's wrong with raids lore?

Yes
    Well, all the questing throughout the entire leveling experience does nothing to explain why the mantid, and mogu are dangerous. Its a bunch of random, help farmer zook kill those dang mutated rabbits, and find 20 zillion luckydo's etc. It just does not do a great job making the player feel that is important to go in and do anything to defeat the "threat" on pandaria.

Deleted
    Yes I am. I'm really enjoying the raids with my guild, I enjoyed doing all the old dailies up to exalted, and I also enjoy the new ones that came with the latest patch. I also really enjoy Brawler's Guild, only wish more of my guildies had the invite so we could run it together. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    As bad as the lore behind the raids in this raid tier are, and how terrible the daily quest design is, do you think you are getting your moneys worth out of this expansion so far? Be honest, and please try not to have your blinders on when you answer (aka the "i will die for this company and their games if need be" attitude).

Are you enjoying the stuff blizzard has thrown at you? Are you not entertained? If so, what is keeping you logging in each and every day?

Just trying to gain a barometer of people's feelings so far about the expansion.
    You really like to make loaded questions:

As bad as the lore behind the raids in this raid tier are
    and
    and how terrible the daily quest design is
    really make it hard to want to answer.

Yes, I feel I am getting my money's worth. Why? Because I've slowed myself down. I've stopped racing to have everything right now. I do dailies when I feel like it and then is when I enjoy them! I just dinged Exalted with Klaxxi yesterday, nearly 2 and a half months after release. I do LFR if I feel like it, not forcing myself to feel I have to. I have so many things I can do and enjoy: alts, dailies, LFR, PvP & arena (just got my first 1100 rating ever!) now that I'm not trying to compete with Joe Blow.

But that's just me.

As bad as the lore behind the raids in this raid tier are, and how terrible the daily quest design is, do you think you are getting your moneys worth out of this expansion so far? Be honest, and please try not to have your blinders on when you answer (aka the "i will die for this company and their games if need be" attitude).
    OP you obviously don't like the game so far and are flame baiting people. You can't ask for a "barometer" and just hate on the wow/Blizz most of your post.

Just trying to gain a barometer of people's feelings so far about the expansion.
    A barometer is used for measuring atmospheric pressure so what are you trying to gauge here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

bad lore and terrible daily design is simply your opinion. I find that I am getting my money's worth out of it just like every other xpac. I still think WOTLK was best but I don't mind playing mop.

Yep, still enjoying it.

I'm a little pessimistic after my disappointment with Cataclysm (i.e. low hopes), but I still have a fair amount of things to do. I'm not Exalted with all the factions on my main, the relative ease of gearing has made it possible for my alts to enter pug raids, and I just barely started getting into pet battles.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 04:19 PM ----------

Well, all the questing throughout the entire leveling experience does nothing to explain why the mantid, and mogu are dangerous. Its a bunch of random, help farmer zook kill those dang mutated rabbits, and find 20 zillion luckydo's etc. It just does not do a great job making the player feel that is important to go in and do anything to defeat the "threat" on pandaria.
    Actually, they do explain what's going on behind the mantid and the mogu. Blizzard can't make you read all the quest text.
    Last edited by jaykaywhy; 2012-12-05 at 04:19 PM.

I am enjoying Mists of Pandaria. Despite some of the irks and pet peeves that I have, and I see that you have some as well, it is a diverse expansion and the raid content has been a positive experience. Yes, I am getting my money's worth.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

You don't read quest text do you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Potential lore spoiler below

lol.

A lot of the quests explain that the Mogu were Overlords in Pandaria and held the Pandaren as slaves, until the uprising where they got overthrown.

On the mantid part, i skipped the quest text just to get to 90 was very close when i got to that area. But apparantly they have alot to do with the Sha.

Raid lore? I really have never cared, but then again I don't read quests. I care more about Raid mechanics, art, Chaos in fight etc. Raids are pretty cool

Dailies are well Dailies. If you did them every day you would be done and never have to do them again, really.

BC>LK>MoP>Cata
    "Peace is a lie"

Deleted
    Err... No. Just no.
    I assume you didn't do the quests in the Dread Wastes and Townlong Steppes (plenty of Mantid), and the mogu-related quests in the Jade Forest and KunLai (the Thunder King, Troll-Mogu relations).

/On-topic : absolutely, yes !

Are you enjoying the stuff blizzard has thrown at you? Are you not entertained? If so, what is keeping you logging in each and every day?

I find the lore behind the raids perfectly acceptable. There actually IS lore in them for each boss. In the past, it's been random bosses with the final boss having some lore, really.

The daily design? I love it, actually. I disagree with valor being locked behind them (I disagree with valor gear even still being in the game), but I like the dailies themselves. I'd swap valor gear for each step of rep unlocking additional pieces of a Transmog set linked to the faction in some way. Otherwise, I like it and the story unlocking more at each level is a good addition.

I love scenarios, but they could be expanded to a stronger storytelling tool.

And I really like LFR being available for the whole of the expansion. Too many friends haven't been able to play due to RL schedules right now so LFR has let me keep going with some of my raid group until the rest catch up.

Got one alt to 90, maxed professions on a couple others and will work on another alt soon.

I actually feel like there's enough to do when I log in, but don't feel like I have to log in (like others seem to). I've been on a Netflix kick lately, so just doing LFR and Shieldwall dailies. Starting to feel more motivation to focus on maxing valor each week now though.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not getting as much worth out of the game as I used to in previous expansions due to playing less.

I get bored more easily in MoP despite there being "more" things to do in the game so I log off.

You've not been paying attention....

The mogu practice dark magic, tearing souls from the living and sticking them into statues to form armies at their bidding. They were tyrants that lived on the backs of slaves and seek to return to those days of their empires.

The mantid are a threat because they're quite literally locusts. They will swarm, destroy everything in their path and settle elsewhere. The wall was built specifically to hold them back from swarming over the entirety of Pandaria and each time they swarm the Shado Pan have to struggle to keep them at bay. Reaching exalted with Klaxxi reveals additional lore about them too.