Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Chinese ghost towns, get your tin foil ready.

probably been posted before, but even so... read the article, then the comments.

http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/20...e-2342652.html

My room is being coated in foil and coat hangers as we speak.

edit:

also a note, i know the site isn't creditable... at all. But this has to be the greatest piece of english literature I've ever set my eyes upon.

'World War 3 is Coming People,its 2012,the media are preparing the masses like they always do before something big is going to happen,you dnt have to be a Prophet to see its on its way.When we fight China and Russia its not going to be a War like in Iraq ,they totally bullied them for Nothing.Blew up Hospitals with Dr’s patients n all.China has 1 million women in they’re military alone!'
    Last edited by willtron; 2012-12-05 at 05:32 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why post that at all?

I'm reminded of the office scene in Fight Club. One of my favorite lines and I think of it every time I see a post like this:

"Or maybe you shouldn't bring me every piece of trash you pick up."

Deleted
    The grammar in the quote is just atrocious, also, I will be scared of China invading when they have the navy to move their forces. At the moment they are a vicious man eating tiger with no legs.

Deleted
    The site may not be creditable, but their sources aren't bad... one thing we can all agree on is that it's bloody odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    lets ship all the squatters in the world to their cities!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

15+ Year Old Account
    China is well aware of the threat of nuclear, or biological attacks on their city centers so this is just an insurance policy to allow for the relocation of citizenry to the country’s interior in the event of an attack.
    Makes sense.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well China is building a lot of ghost cities. I don't think that's really in dispute. But I don't think they're doing it to prepare for a war. I think they're doing it because it adds to their GDP bottom line, which makes their economy look bigger than it really is. Plus, they're intending to eventually use these cities and this infrastructure.

As for Luanda, I could see that just being realistic real estate speculation. Luanda is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. These apartments will probably sell out pretty quickly in the Luanda area.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

They have been doing if for a while, builders have more money that sense and build these in random areas hoping people buy them...some do but they are still virtually deserted, some have rubbish collection and street cleaning even though it's empty

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Well China is building a lot of ghost cities. I don't think that's really in dispute. But I don't think they're doing it to prepare for a war. I think they're doing it because it adds to their GDP bottom line, which makes their economy look bigger than it really is. Plus, they're intending to eventually use these cities and this infrastructure.

As for Luanda, I could see that just being realistic real estate speculation. Luanda is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in. These apartments will probably sell out pretty quickly in the Luanda area.
    I did hear at one point that China made up population in ghost cities to add them to GDP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Makes sense.
    Doesn't really make sense to me. Interior cities probably wouldn't provide much protection against Nuclear/Biological threats, honestly, and they'd have to abandon their whole productive area to go to an area that has limited access to supply chain and limited import/export capabilities.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Why post that at all?

I'm reminded of the office scene in Fight Club. One of my favorite lines and I think of it every time I see a post like this:

"Or maybe you shouldn't bring me every piece of trash you pick up."
    So you dont think china building unpopulated cities for billions of dollars is not interesting?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

The scary part isn't the story itself, but the comments. Practically every one of them has some outlandish conspiracy theory that they seem to genuinely believe to be the irrevocable truth. Are people really that paranoid?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Interesting how all sensualists garbage like this mentions imminent events to be very near. I found the article very interesting, but the comments just poisons it with their NWO shit about an imminent nuclear war

When was the last time you heard of an apocalyptic prophesy about an event hundreds of years in the future? Of course, no one would give a shit.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-05 at 03:53 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quite interesting, only a matter of time before something happens.
    i5 3570k
    WD Caviar Black 1TB HDD
    16GB DDR3 1600 Ram
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

China is smart.

You see 2012 will only happen in populated areas; so the unpopulated cities will survive; so the wallstreet occupiers can hide their weed in them from the New World Order and go back and retrieve it after the alien cloud ships set natural disasters into motion designed to depopulate the world by 90%, killing off everybody who knows the truth about the moon landings being faked to cover up the fact that the tea party is the 12th shooter on the grassy knoll (who is REALLY responsible for JFK's assassination.) Thereby effectively allowing Mitt Romney to take away women's right to choose while Obama subdues the population with Obamacare and FEMA Death camps; thereby providing the US with the motive to go to war with Iraq.

OR China just needed to keep millions of otherwise unemployed workers busy.

Only time will tell... only time will tell.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that Fox News masterminded the whole thing, under it's shadow CEO Glenn Beck.
    Last edited by Gheld; 2012-12-05 at 04:01 PM.

I didn't read the article at all, but im guessing that this has something to do with China building an army of ghosts, which is quite a terrifying thought.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    Sooo it's gonna be a WW3 because China has developed a real estate bubble?
    OK... I guess it makes sense... (LOL)

It's not possible for them to look like some of those photos and have nobody living there. Maintenance is required to keep the grass, trees, and bushes as they are. For that matter, it doesn't take long for untended cities to become overrun with vegetation. Which just adds more for your tinfoil hat! If they're abandoned ghost cities....WHO IS TENDING TO THE MAINTENANCE!!!

*dun dun DUUUN!*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    It's not possible for them to look like some of those photos and have nobody living there. Maintenance is required to keep the grass, trees, and bushes as they are. For that matter, it doesn't take long for untended cities to become overrun with vegetation. Which just adds more for your tinfoil hat! If they're abandoned ghost cities....WHO IS TENDING TO THE MAINTENANCE!!!

*dun dun DUUUN!*

the reptilians!!

i am not good at conspiriacy theorys.