Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The damage of feral outside of Berserk is hilarious to say the least.
    Being perma-immune sheep/root/snare and spamming 90k mangle without blowing anything is indeed absolutely hilarious. For ferals at least. For the rest of the PvP community, it's disgusting.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys will call for nerfs to every class that isn't on your current list of favorite classes to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could hose PVE weapons in PVP the same way they hose PVP weapons in PVE: Make them scale down say 10 item levels (Using existing Challenge Mode tech) and/or make resilience have a baked in bonus against non PVP weapons (Detect if they have PVP Power, if not, -x% damage)

That would be somewhat close to how PVP weapons are lower ilvl than PVE weapons, and are missing a stat. (PVP weapons have only base stats & crit, not 2 stats like PVE weps)

But that would be like way mind boggling, and might even help stop PVE gear, more than PVP Power. Rather than 'HEY OP DAMAGE WITH PVP GEAR VS PLAYERS!' be like 'HEY SHIT DAMAGE WITH PVE GEAR VS PLAYERS', the latter being the whole point of Resilience to begin with, no?

Edit:
    Well not the 'whole' point of resilience, but certainly one of the goals of player vs player damage reduction stat. It could go further.

Problem is, they have two opposing design goals here.
    On the one side, they wanted PVP to have less of a barrier for PVE players to go in. Thus they give everyone the flat resilience. They also want PVP players to have less of a barrier using their shit in PVE. Thus PVP gear doesn't use up stat weight for the PVP stats.

On the other side, they want PVP gear & weapons still to not be a great replacement for raid gear. Obviously it works out better than some gear, it's not 100% gimped anymore, but its 15 itemlevels below heroic blues for Dreadful, and 6 behind Mogu'Shan for Malevolent. This, combined with weapons having 1 fewer secondary stat makes this gear not quite up to par with raid gear, certainly not heroic raid gear. (Some exceptions may exist, depending on itemization for specific classes. Case by case basis)

Seems like it'd be hard to satisfy both design goals amicably
    Last edited by Rotesbart; 2012-12-07 at 04:23 AM.

I would have to say Death Knight although pretty much all melee are in a pretty good position when it comes to damage and mobility in PvP (excluding Rogues that is).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    I would have to say Death Knight although pretty much all melee are in a pretty good position when it comes to damage and mobility in PvP (excluding Rogues that is).
    Death knights?? You dont know much about pvp do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    Being perma-immune sheep/root/snare and spamming 90k mangle without blowing anything
    Damn, I'd love to see a 90k mangle crit on someone with actual resil; most people who are viable kill targets (and even a lot who aren't) gem full resil now, putting players with full Malevolent gear at ~65%+ resilience. So you're saying Mangle can crit for 150k in PvE with only those buffs which are brought to arena. Way to exaggerate. The only time I can expect to see a crit that high is a) warbanner + Tiger's Fury or b) the target has no resil from gear.

There's plenty of ways to CC a feral; fear more highly affects feral more than most other melee classes DUE to our high movement speed. Ever been feared while your healer is CC'd? You go to Africa. Cyclone still affects us believe it or not, as does Hibernate and Scare Beast. And let's not forget the insane amount of incapacitates/disorients/stuns available. There's more than enough ways to peel us, if there wasn't how do you think players beat feral teams?

Do I think we need a nerf? Sure. Do I think nerfing all 3 of those things is overkill? Hell yes.

As I said in my first post: Reduce the damage or increase the cost of Ravage and you'll get less burst. Right now with Berserk up and a full Energy bar (should use TFBerserk macro at ~20-30 energy) We can get off 3 TF'd trinketed Ravages, which is where that big damage is coming from. A damage reduction on Ravage is probably more viable than an energy increase as the increase you'd need to prevent 3 ravages under TF would be ~100 energy as that would create a 50 energy Ravage under Berserk.

And yes I will defend my class, after suffering through the PvP that was last expansion playing the spec I'd like to keep myself viable, people actually seek ferals now as opposed to damn near completely shunning them.

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    What i'd like to see:

• A nerf to double purge from shaman
    • A nerf to Incarnation damage (ravage is what hurts from feral, and starsurges while its up and what is critting 200k),
    • A nerf to Frost bomb and a buff to Frost bolt
    • A nerf to Warrior CD stacking
    If they do all this Season 13 will honestly be fantastic.

mage still, but cd stacking is a still a huge problem for a handful of classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    And they need that nerf too. Shadowstepping all over the place like it doesn't even have a cooldown. And burst of speed omg, instantly getting to their targets AND breaking roots to op (/sarcasm).

I love how they flat out lied to rogues about mobility buffs lol.
    Yeah, cause rogues being flat out the most powerful and broken class in pvp for 6 months at the end of cata was ok?
    Wow pvp team and ghostcrawl are really bad at what they do.

Rogues were top cc, top dmg top escape for last 6-7 months of cata and blizz just say fk it

And on druids, srsly..
    Druids have been broken since LK. Since intro of tourney realms, always druids are top class in game. Their kit is too good for pvp....like rly. way to much versatility.
    Even when other classes change out, 1 constant - druid pvp always near best

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    Damn, I'd love to see a 90k mangle crit on someone with actual resil; most people who are viable kill targets (and even a lot who aren't) gem full resil now, putting players with full Malevolent gear at ~65%+ resilience. So you're saying Mangle can crit for 150k in PvE with only those buffs which are brought to arena. Way to exaggerate. The only time I can expect to see a crit that high is a) warbanner + Tiger's Fury or b) the target has no resil from gear.

There's plenty of ways to CC a feral; fear more highly affects feral more than most other melee classes DUE to our high movement speed. Ever been feared while your healer is CC'd? You go to Africa. Cyclone still affects us believe it or not, as does Hibernate and Scare Beast. And let's not forget the insane amount of incapacitates/disorients/stuns available. There's more than enough ways to peel us, if there wasn't how do you think players beat feral teams?

Do I think we need a nerf? Sure. Do I think nerfing all 3 of those things is overkill? Hell yes.

As I said in my first post: Reduce the damage or increase the cost of Ravage and you'll get less burst. Right now with Berserk up and a full Energy bar (should use TFBerserk macro at ~20-30 energy) We can get off 3 TF'd trinketed Ravages, which is where that big damage is coming from. A damage reduction on Ravage is probably more viable than an energy increase as the increase you'd need to prevent 3 ravages under TF would be ~100 energy as that would create a 50 energy Ravage under Berserk.

And yes I will defend my class, after suffering through the PvP that was last expansion playing the spec I'd like to keep myself viable, people actually seek ferals now as opposed to damn near completely shunning them.
    The DPS of a feral combined to his retarded mobility make it the class with the most retarded sutained damage
    Fear dont affect ferals more than anyone else, you run faster during fear and run faster after fear too, you'll get back in melee range as soon as anyone can.
    How do people beat feral team ? Noticed how the ladder is spammed with feral and warriors ? Noticed that sudden surge of skill among the war/feral/heal comps ?
    Feral wasnt weak at all in Cataclysm, or Wotlk, if you suffered anything that's your entire problem

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages, it has always been mages. I don't understand how they always end up overpowered.
    Kil'Jaeden - US

Thanks to Lilliputia for the amazing signature!

Glyph of Purge needs to be removed, but the double purge needs to be built into the Enhancement shamans version of it.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Foreveryang View Post
    Shadow priests impossible to train?!, HAHAHA, wait a minute, HAHAHA. Are we even playing the same game or? Roll a shadow priest, face TSG or KFC and then tell me SP's can't be trained. And too many instant casts? Shadow Word: Pain does some SERIOUS dmg mate, oh wait...in order for SP's to do dmg we need 3 orbs. Try getting off 3 orbs vs a team with a warrior or hunter. SP's work in one comp and one comp only, and that's with a mage and druid, otherwise it's completely useless. SP's are prolly the most balanced class there is atm, now that off healing is nerfed.
    i'm not accustomed to generations who dont get sarcasm.