10+ Year Old Account

Any good Vaults 10m guides?

Hey guys, my guild is a little late on the raiding scene, but we're going to attempt to start raiding soon and I was looking for some strats/guides. I tried looking stuff up myself but wasn't really coming up with anything. I'm really just looking for the simplest written explanations possible ( not sure how much the fights differ from lfr ). Any links to good guides or strats provided by yourself would be very much appreciated. Also, in your opinion, what would be the ideal comp/a few ideal classes to bring for 10m Vaults?

Thank you Shyama for the beautiful sig ♥

http://www.icy-veins.com/mogu-shan-vaults-raid-wow

Just try to get decent buff coverage (not terribly difficult anymore) and a general variety of classes. Have a heroism and a battlerez. Outside of that, whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaesca View Post
    Hey guys, my guild is a little late on the raiding scene, but we're going to attempt to start raiding soon and I was looking for some strats/guides. I tried looking stuff up myself but wasn't really coming up with anything. I'm really just looking for the simplest written explanations possible ( not sure how much the fights differ from lfr ). Any links to good guides or strats provided by yourself would be very much appreciated. Also, in your opinion, what would be the ideal comp/a few ideal classes to bring for 10m Vaults?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/fatbosstv

This is what I found best

Also, any combo will most likely work.

1-2 melees, 3 - 4 ranged, 3 heals (1 OS Dps), 2 tanks (1 OS dps).

1 hunter, 1 dotter or two is great to have.

2 healers, and 1 who can dps on some fights. Disc priest and Holy Paladins is amazing.

All tanks works fine, I like having 1 block tank atleast tho!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiral - A lot of the fights, it says the guides are heroic versions. I checked this before making this thread and wasn't sure if I should use it or not, seeing as I don't know how different heroic and normal fights are.

Fay - Yeah I heard that about the suggested healers. We have both, but they're iffy on if they'll be able to make it or not. I was hoping to bring more ranged, but based of those that have expressed their interest, we're getting pretty melee heavy ( warrior, to be exact >.< ) I'll check out the videos though, thanks for posting (:

melee heavy casual groups will have a lot of struggle in MSV. You might want to hold off realyl going at it until the fights are nerfed. The fights require a lot of movement and range are heavely favored.

Ive seen melee do exceptionaly well, its just a lot harder than Dragonsoul.

Also, the guides are normal modes on Icyveins, they offer the heroic info at the end of the guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mazar - Ah thanks for clearing that up for me (:
    Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Trying to put out the word to the guild that we need more ranged though. So far we have two for sure, with two more that are iffy.

Here is what our comp is looking like ( these are the people that have expressed their interest ):

Tanks: Warrior, Druid ( resto OS )
    Dps: Ranged - Hunter, Shaman
    Melee: Warrior, Warrior, Druid, Rogue,

Iffy: Warlock, Mage, DK, DK, Holy Paladin, Disc Priest

Unfortunately I haven't been able to ask either DKs yet what they would be coming as ( tank or dps )

I'm pretty sure our holy paladin will be attending, the problem is the second healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crunk - Lmao that was amazing.

4 melee is a lot. I would try to get that down to 1-2. At least 1 good dotter is nice (Shadow Priest, Aff Lock, Boomkin), but 2 can help a lot. That said, pretty much any comp will work for normal modes.

Somebody already linked Fat Boss. Their videos are awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Squirl - Yeah, we're going to have to turn down some of our melee. That's just all the people that have made it known they would be able to make ( as well as the iffy people ).
    And yeah haha, that was pretty great.

Any two different tank classes pretty much. Paladins are nice for a lot of fights for additional BOPs/Purity etc, not sure what benefits the other tanks have.

For healers, a holy paladin is almost a must have, and he also doesn't share with any other healers. A disc priest is incredibly good for Heart of Fear, and good otherwise as well. The rest have their strengths and weaknesses. I would aim to get a holy pala, preferably a disc/shadow priest and two more players who can play both healer and DPS.

For DPS, you want most of the ranged classes. Hunter, warlock, mage, shammy, druid, priest (one or two of the last 3 can be the healer/dps players).

For melee, I'd get a warrior/DK/rogue. No more than 2 melee.

To summarize, you want a variety of classes including 2 tanks (one with dps offspec), 2-3 healers (2 main spec healers and some offspecs), 5-6 ranged dps (some with healing offspec), and 1-2 melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kanath - Thanks for the input, I'll try to get some good OS heals(:

Also, keep loot distribution in mind.

Gamer, Nerd, Physicist. What more could you want?! Well fine, I have a youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/shaidyadvice and a stream: www.twitch.tv/shaidyadvice I'm currently spending my free time with the fine fellows and ladies over at Death and Taxes.