No more tag sharing at Sha?

So a friend was in the group that tagged sha, so in order to share this tag with me, he left his group (after he hit the boss ofc) and invited me.
    I attacked the Sha and he was 'red' all the time for me, but in the end I did not get any loot.

Anyone of you experienced the same after the patch? Did it still work for you today?

I got the tag shared to me on my priest alt earlier today, about 2 hrs ago. EU server.

worked for me yesterday - US

Yesterday evening I was able to get tag after a friend dropped from a tagged Raid. Were you killed before he was defeated? I once had the unfortunate circumstance of dying and releasing- only to watch Sha die as I was running back to my corpse. Did not get a bag or chance to bonus roll, as I was probably too far away.

Nope was standing at him from like 40% till his death. Did not die.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our guild group got a shared tag yesterday. Worked for all of us.

At the end of our raid last night we took our 25 raiders and pulled in ~10 pugs from chat, got a tag share from another group. It worked for some of us, didn't work for others. I am not sure what differentiates those who it worked for and those it didn't, and yes, there were people who were at Sha, alive, and dealt damage to him that did not get the tag.

I did run this macro:
    /run local z,t,s={[32099]='Sha of Anger this week.'},GetQuestsCompleted();for c,v in pairs(z) do if t[c] then s='' else s=' not' end print('You have'..s,'done',v) end

And according to it I killed sha this week. So now I opened a GM ticket; let's see what they say.

@Spiralphoenix: Did your guys got loot the second time they killed sha (if they did)? And what did the macro say to them?

Can't say, logged out about 5 minutes later. I'm sure they were still eligible for loot, they just didn't properly get the tag. I've never used or seen that macro before so I don't know.

Should still work, this has been in the game for such a long time.

Deleted
    This would be a great fix tbh, not that its hard to form a group nowadays. Hope its similar for warband.

10+ Year Old Account
    Works fine, but you need to do a certain amount of dps on the boss to claim the tag.
    Can't just join with the tagged person and go afk.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

yeah u have to hit it with one spell, so that the mob becomes non-gray. Of course, if u get a tagger invited , and hover on your awsome mount afk and do nothing, u dont get loot.

Deleted
    Raid x had tag. A player from raid x left and I invited him to raid y. I was unable to get the tag but the player who joined raid y still had the tag during the entire time and also got loot at the end.
    I don't know if it worked for other people in raid y but it didn't work for me. I was alive during the whole time and did damage from 60% to 0% without any cc on me.

This was yesterday 5decembre on EU server.
    Maybe we just did it wrong. There are few alliance on my server and it only happens once on reset day at 6pm that alliance is able to make 2 full raids.

Quote Originally Posted by StijnDP View Post
    Raid x had tag. A player from raid x left and I invited him to raid y. I was unable to get the tag but the player who joined raid y still had the tag during the entire time and also got loot at the end.
    I don't know if it worked for other people in raid y but it didn't work for me. I was alive during the whole time and did damage from 60% to 0% without any cc on me.

This was yesterday 5decembre on EU server.
    Maybe we just did it wrong. There are few alliance on my server and it only happens once on reset day at 6pm that alliance is able to make 2 full raids.
    The player with the tag has to do the inviting otherwise it won't work

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Well he did invite me; didn't work.
    GM told me there was a "log hole" so no logs -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Unless it was changed, we invited a guy who got the tag 2 days ago and all ~30 people in our group attacked him and also got the tag.