Honor Arenas: a proposal

I am one of those who is completely uninterested in BGs, whether rated or unrated. Despite this, especially with the new upgrade system, I feel forced into unrated bgs.

What if, in addition to ranked arenas, we had an honor arena queue. In order to keep the honor-time ratio similar to BGs the numbers would have to be around 50 honor for a win, and 0 or a very low number for a loss. Maybe less for a win, since most arena games are around 1-5 minutes(or less of course)

This would allow for new teams to practice at lower gear levels, without messing up their rating. It would allow us to gear up alts in an environment where skill was more rewarded than in Unrated bgs. It would allow us to completely avoid the botting problem.

I think this would be a pretty elegant feature, which would allow people who really enjoy arena to gear up in a more enjoyable environment.

What do you think? If you like the idea, please go to the Blizz arena forums and comment on the thread I have there to give it more attention.

Yes, in a heartbeat I would do this. Much prefer arena playstyle sometimes (though the new maps are interesting)...plus random BGs have gone down the shitter with the influx of bots and the seemingly and admittedly borked queue system that they can't seem to fix.

The only issue I see here is bored trolls smurfing the low/middle brackets for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    Yes, in a heartbeat I would do this. Much prefer arena playstyle sometimes (though the new maps are interesting)...plus random BGs have gone down the shitter with the influx of bots and the seemingly and admittedly borked queue system that they can't seem to fix.

The only issue I see here is bored trolls smurfing the low/middle brackets for fun.
    True about the trolls, but It's still better to lose against an overgeared team in 30 seconds than to spend 15 minutes in a bg to only earn 80 total honor from the loss plus kills. At least if I lose in arena my team and I can learn and adapt, if we're good we can eventually overcome. In BGs, since we can only take in 5, if the other 5 are bots or complete tards, our skill may not matter. But we all know that's the problem with random bgs.

Deleted
    Ive suggested via the in-game suggestion a few times to award honor when your team has capped the conquest for the week.
    That would let us play arenas instead of mind numbing battlegrounds that makes you want to slash your wrists.

Prolly wont get implemented because that would be too much fun or something...

This has my seal of approval.
    Maybe chuck in a role check or something just to prevent 3 healer troll setups.

Seen the suggestion to award honor after capping conquest for the week in arena multiple times, and support it. Would help to drive up some activity in arena as well, which is very much needed on some battlegroups.

I don't want it in the rated brackets, though that would still be better than not having hte option at all. Like I said I put up a thread on the US arena forums, go there and generate interest if you like the idea.

Skirmishes AND honor from it as an incentive for them to get used?

This is too much of a good idea.

I would give my left thumb for this to happen.

Grinding BGs to fill in gaps while I complete out Malev isn't fun, especially when I mostly play in the mornings now, which is where all the bots frequent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Ive suggested via the in-game suggestion a few times to award honor when your team has capped the conquest for the week.
    That would let us play arenas instead of mind numbing battlegrounds that makes you want to slash your wrists.

Prolly wont get implemented because that would be too much fun or something...
    This is what I would like to get done:/
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose