Poll: Which is the worst casting decision in movie history?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think hayden christenson pulled of darth vader fine ........ Keanu though ... hasn't pulled off ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    Any film with Bill Paxton in - crap actor
    How dare you sir! Bill Paxton is very good actor. The only actor to be in Terminator, Aliens and and Predator franchises.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    nobody else could portray Ted Theodore Logan

NOBODY

keanu reeves as John Constantine

15+ Year Old Account
    Clive Owen in King Arthur. It's a very underrated movie, and I think most of that is because of Owen's portrayal. Most of the actors around him were experienced stage actors and they simply embarrassed him.

I also agree with Kirsten Dunst as Mary-Jane and Brad Pitt as Achilles (another movie that would have been much improved by a better lead actor.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Okay, this is where I have to step in. What the serious fuck. No. I don’t even wanna say a single word. This is too ridiculous. Holy shit.
    He IS the same in every film, it's not really debatable. I can watch him in Batman, The Departed, Chinatown, As Good as it Gets, etc, without missing a beat. A great example is him sticking with his NY accent when playing a Boston mob boss. That said he has terrific fundamentals as an actor: he knows how to engage, control a camera and deliver lines all while looking dramatically authentic. He's entertaining and talented, but if you cast him in a role you know exactly how he's going to play it.

I wouldn't say he has no range, I just don't think he cares enough to put in the extra effort. He knows that if he shows up and plays his usual, awesome self that it'll be great and he'll still get accolades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not strictly a movie, but Avery Brooks as Captain Sisko in the Deep Space 9 series. That was painful to watch.

Adam Sandler in any movie.

Ben Affleck in Daredevil, that's probably been mentioned already.

10+ Year Old Account
    That wooden plank who played Darth Vader in the prequels.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Val Kilmers batman.
    no wait. Klooneys.
    no, Killmer, gotta be Kilmer.
    ugh, but Klooney was so horrible.

see what you've done? now i'm arguing with myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Viin View Post
    The entire cast of the Eragon movie with the exception of Brom. I think Jeremy Irons did good.
    Dammit, you beat me to it. But yeah, this was a dreadfully horrible movie. Just overall.

And if you want to go with more Twilight actors, Robert Pattinson should not have been cast as Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. That almost made me not want to go see it when it came out.
    My mind is my weapon. My brother has his sword, King Robert has his warhammer, and I have my mind... and a mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. - Tyrion Lannister

And yeah, her acting was pretty bad. Tbh, now that I think of it, almost every one from the 2 trilogy was a pretty shitty actor, asides from Mace, the Chancelor and problaby Obi Wan and his master, I can't really remember now.
    Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon; I don't think I've ever seen him in either a bad movie or play a bad role. To be fair to Natalie Portman though (Padmé's actress), her only real role was to stand around and look attractive, which she nailed; in my opinion she did a better job of playing the 'hot action girl' far better than Carrie Fisher ever did.

They just gave him the most horrible lines and angles, it wasn't his fault.
    Not just the lines, but the whole plot was garbage. It was serviceable at the end of episode I (save for the beyond retarded love story) and then it got all fucked up in episode II; there wasn't anywhere else to go but down.

Not sure if it was mentioned but Nicholas Cage... GHOSTRIDER :-( Why God Why.
    Compared to 'The Wicker Man' and all of its bees? Puh-lease. Frankly, I think he's a pretty blase actor in nearly everything he does.

Also, if you want to talk about bad casting, how about Shea Lebouf (or however the fuck you spell his name) in the Transformers movies?
    Throw Megan Fox in there, too. Being stupidly hot doesn't protect you from being as useless as the main character, if not more-so.

While I'm on a roll Jeff Bridges in Tron: Legacy. He's easily one of my favorite actors and I know he was in the original, but why in the mother of FUCK did they try and take the brilliant character of 'The Dude' and shoe-horn it back into Tron: Legacy? Ugh. He also wasn't great in Arlington Road, but that really wasn't a great movie to begin with.

1) Jaden Smith - Dre Parker - Karate Kid 2010
    2) Jake Lloyd - Ani - Star Wars Ep:1
    3) Noah Ringer - Ang - The Last Airbender

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post

Doesn't look like samuel l jackson at all, oh wait...
    Newsflash, Nick Fury was around for a long fucking time, and the pic I posted is how Nick Fury looked for a LOT fucking longer than the "new" one. Marvel rebooted down the line, and actually had to ask Samuel L Jackson's permission to use that design, and he only agreed if they would cast him in a movie. Basically, the reason Nick Fury is black in the comics now is because they WANTED Sam Jackson.

The second image should give you an idea how long Fury has been around, since the cover price for that issue is $.12...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in Ultimates they even muse about who would play them on film and Nick Fury immediately picks Samuel L Jackson, so they were pretty overt about the comparison

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I think in Ultimates they even muse about who would play them on film and Nick Fury immediately picks Samuel L Jackson, so they were pretty overt about the comparison
    As I said, they actually had to get permission to use Jackson's likeness for the character. The whole reason he was redone was so he could be Sam Jackson, rather than the character he had always been.

Id rather have a Sam Jackson then a David Hasselhoff like that god awful film he starred in.

All the Marvel Avengers film are pretty much based on The Ultimate Universe. Just makes it easier to film then having all the back story from the normal universe.

At least Nick Fury is still a bad ass as he was in either comic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I like this answer. Kristen Stewart cast in anything should be on the list. That troll has two emotions on screen: weary and "bad teeth."
    Indeed. Maybe she should be renamed hamster and be done with it. Seriously, she looks like a junkie.

What's wrong with Kristen Stewart? Just because a girl isn't bubbly and giggly doesn't mean she's a bad actress. That's just how she is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    What's wrong with Kristen Stewart? Just because a girl isn't bubbly and giggly doesn't mean she's a bad actress. That's just how she is.
    If an actor/actress can't express his/her emotions properly, you can't really be a good actor/actress, and she's like that, which is kinda sad and I don't understand why she always looks like that.

Doesn't she go to the mirror and make expressions? Almost all actors do that, it helps a lot so I don't understand why she's still the same...

Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze. He was totally fine as Conan the barbarian but he cant play an academic evil Researcher.

Timothy Olyphant as The Hitman. He just doesn't look the part to me.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.