Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    If anything, the statistics are showing that mages are NOT at all an "OP class", in fact they are an underpowered CLASS. Mage and warrior really have only one arena spec so of course you're going to see their one viable arena spec massively overrepresented compared to classes with 3 arena specs to choose from. With eleven classes in game the expected representation at perfect balance would be 9.3 % each class and mages are hardly drastically above that.

Compare for example the 9.6 % + 3.9 % + 0.4 % representation of paladins, well above mages. Druids are above mages. Shamans are above mages as well. Warriors too. If anything, mages are an average class. Given that these ratings were done mostly long before the recent mage nerfs, I think we can all agree now that mages are in desperate need of major buffs.

If arcane mages are doing worse than DPS monks it's hard to see how the class could be considered OP.
    Are you serious? Comparing classes its not the way its done, you have to compare specs.

By your logic I could say that if 80% of the players play mage and they represent a 9,3% over 2,2k than it will be perfect balance
    Last edited by Pimenta; 2012-12-06 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaakkeli View Post
    If anything, the statistics are showing that mages are NOT at all an "OP class", in fact they are an underpowered CLASS. Mage and warrior really have only one arena spec so of course you're going to see their one viable arena spec massively overrepresented compared to classes with 3 arena specs to choose from. With eleven classes in game the expected representation at perfect balance would be 9.3 % each class and mages are hardly drastically above that.

Compare for example the 9.6 % + 3.9 % + 0.4 % representation of paladins, well above mages. Druids are above mages. Shamans are above mages as well. Warriors too. If anything, mages are an average class. Given that these ratings were done mostly long before the recent mage nerfs, I think we can all agree now that mages are in desperate need of major buffs.

If arcane mages are doing worse than DPS monks it's hard to see how the class could be considered OP.
    If you want to look at a class and all its specs, then yes you're right. Mages are weak but so are almost all other classes. However you cant do that because at least pure classes are being balanced around having 1 viable spec and for mages that's frost. And the data suggests frost as a spec - not mage as a class OP spec and useless specs included - is doing a lot better than it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Gotta love the overrepresentation of holy paladins, resto shamans and arms warriors in 2v2.

3v3 represensation: http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/stat...-0--3-0-0.html

That means (assuming no double warrior teams which is a false assumption) that almost 2 out of 3 teams above 2.2k has a warrior in it.
    And one of them is Tom Chilton

Sorry I am not usually saying stuff like this, because if you believe GC, Kalgan and the other hacks over at Blizz HQ are playing favorites based on what classes they enjoy to play the most you obviously dont like intelligent thought. They dont do it intentionally, they just cant do any better than the mess they produce again and again, forever to repeat the same mistakes and find new ways to screw up.

Still gotta love the famous Tom Chilton aka Kalgan quote from back in the day when warriors were as OP as they've ever been and got one of the usual slaps on the wrist: "I'm quite sure the pvp warrior I have will still be rockin' a s3 weapon within the first week despite this change." How could he be sure of that? Oh that's right because he is the single most responsible person for everything that is wrong with PvP and has been even back in BC with the horrible way arenas and resilience was introduced. And instead of getting fired, he is what now? Lead game designer or something?

Can I just say how much I love you for posting this? 'Cause I do.

It's great to see the statistics for all of these classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aherooffools View Post
    Can I just say how much I love you for posting this? 'Cause I do.

It's great to see the statistics for all of these classes.
    in some instances it's kinda sad though :-D

I love how warriors keep climbing, arms spec at 16% rep in 3v3 now. That's just insane.