Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Which three gylphs? [Disc]

As of the recent buffs and with certain mechanics in HoF vs. MSV (not in a "progression guild"), I have returned to Disc. So, I ask you all, which three glyphs?

At the moment, I am using Glyph of Prayer of Mending, Glyph of Holy Fire, and, alternatively, Glyph of Penance on any fight with movement (not Spirit Binder, for instance) and Glyph of Smite for those like Spirit Binder.

I am considering dropping Glyph of Prayer of Mending as I am not sure it is worth it anymore. Early in the xpac, it seemed good as I spent a decent amount of time handling tank damage. However, HoF seems very aoe focused and/or my tanks have geared up a lot. I am considering replacing it with Glyph of Inner Sanctum. Also, what's the word on Glyph of Holy Nova and Glyph of Power Word: Shield? I can't imagine Holy Nova is all that great, and Glyph of Power Word: Shield seems to make your shields worse (after all, you can let someone else do all that icky healing...you are there to ABSORB!).

Anything I miss? Any great glyphs for specific fights?

Just for reference, I am in 10 mans, progressing through HoF, and healing with a Resto Druid.

holy fire, smite, holy nova
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of PWS scales with crit to boost healing. The heal from the Glyph of PWS can crit, so it can also proc DA. With DA at 50% now it makes the glyph much better.

Assume a 100K PWS that is glyphed and the heal crits: 80K absorb + 40K critical heal + 20K DA = 140K.

1. Penance
    2. Holy Fire
    3. Smite/PoM/whatever (I usually stick with the smite glyph)

I find the PWS glyph to be extremely underwhelming.

Deleted
    The PWS glyph is also fairly nice on fights where there is a + heal multiplier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skribblez32 View Post
    1. Penance
    2. Holy Fire
    Same for me.

Mind you the PW:S glyph was changed. It now removes 20% of the total absorption effect from your PW:S and converts it to healing, it's no longer a flat 20% heal on top of the shield. I typically switch with Holy Fire, Penance and Smite/PoM depending on the fight.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Penance, Holy Fire, Smite/PoM

Deleted
    Penance and Holy Fire are musts for the added mobility and convenience when stacking evangelism.
    Standard 3rd for me is smite.

Deleted
    Penance / Holy Fire / Smite if I am using atonement a lot, Inner Sanctum if I am not.

Deleted
    Penance | Holy Fire | PoM

It really annoys me on fights where I can stand still to use the penance gylph, it feels like I'm just throwing mana away.

That being said, the penance glyph is amazing on some fights, and when I try to take it off for others I end up cancelling my penance all the time. So I've just started leaving it on. So:

Penance
    Holy Fire
    Smite

Inner Sanctum, Holy Fire, and Smite. Not super impressed with Smite, but at least it's a net gain.

Haven't had the urge to use Penance since tile running on H Stone Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post
    Glyph of PWS scales with crit to boost healing. The heal from the Glyph of PWS can crit, so it can also proc DA. With DA at 50% now it makes the glyph much better.

Assume a 100K PWS that is glyphed and the heal crits: 80K absorb + 40K critical heal + 20K DA = 140K.
    This is why I will always use PW:Shield glyph. It can only boost your healing with the potential crit and healing modifiers.

With that said, 99% of the time I will have PW:Shield and Holy Fire. My last slot is typically filled by Smite, Penance, or PoM depending on the fight. I consider the first two glyphs fairly unchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkener View Post

I had not considered this argument, and it does have some merit. While I hate the idea of decreasing the total absorption, as long as the healing is needed, it will (through the occasional crit+DA) be a net gain. I guess it comes down to mechanics. If a fight has bursty tank tank damage/absorbs are important (Spirit Binder/Ambershaper) then unglyphed is clearly better but otherwise glyph (if you have the spot)?

However, even on fights without bursty tank damage/absorbs are important, this could still be a problem. Like many, I tend to PW:S a tank as soon as the Weakened Soul debuff is gone (provided they are actively tanking). In this regard, PW:S a topped off tank would now be inefficient, forcing me to either waste 20% of my shield or wait and lose out on a few Rapture procs over the course of the fight.

Conversely, I can see where this would be a good thing in that weaker shields=more predictable Rapture procs.

I believe I will try it out tonight and see for myself!

Deleted
    Meh most of the time I shield a tank he doesn't really need much/any healing, the damage is just too low. More predictable rapture procs is an argument I could go with though.

If not too concerned about mana any more:
    - Holy Fire
    - Smite
    - Penance

If still concerned about mana:
    - Holy Fire
    - Smite
    - Inner Sanctum (more passive mitigation on yourself) *or* Fade (small on-use defensive cooldown) *or* Prayer of Mending (if you want a tank healing boost)

Deleted
    holy fire
    smite / penance
    inner sanctum / inner fire / PoM

Quote Originally Posted by skribblez32 View Post
    1. Penance
    2. Holy Fire

I find the PWS glyph to be extremely underwhelming.
    These are what I use, except number 3 has always been smite as disc.