[Balance] Sha of Fear - any tips?

Any tips you guys can give a fellow balance (its my offspec) for this boss? We'll be working on this boss very soon and I read that there's a lot of movement on this boss etc... Also saw that its a 2 heal fight so I'll be switching to my balance offspec...

Wondering how bad the movement is and if it would be worth switching off from incarnation since might not have enough time standing still to nuke him while inc is up...

Another question: "The Terror Spawns are shielded in such a way that they cannot be damaged if attacked from the front." so does that mean if I'm on add duty I'll have to run all the way to his back to be able to dot/attack him? Or is this something for melee?

Oh and do you guys know how the Sha Globes work for us? The guide says it "they take a small amount of Shadow damage but have their primary resource filled up over time" so not sure what means for us exactly..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Any tips you guys can give a fellow balance (its my offspec) for this boss? We'll be working on this boss very soon and I read that there's a lot of movement on this boss etc... Also saw that its a 2 heal fight so I'll be switching to my balance offspec...

Wondering how bad the movement is and if it would be worth switching off from incarnation since might not have enough time standing still to nuke him while inc is up...

Another question: "The Terror Spawns are shielded in such a way that they cannot be damaged if attacked from the front." so does that mean if I'm on add duty I'll have to run all the way to his back to be able to dot/attack him? Or is this something for melee?

Oh and do you guys know how the Sha Globes work for us? The guide says it "they take a small amount of Shadow damage but have their primary resource filled up over time" so not sure what means for us exactly..

Thanks
    These are my opinions on this, Movement isnt to to bad, stick with incarn. you have enough time to pop cd's at start, and usually at times youll use cd's on platforms (Not TO TO much movement either). Youll have enough time usually, just do it smartly in a sense.

Everyone will be on terror spawns usually, thats at the main area, due to fact theyll destroy you after a point, and yes you have to run to the back of them to dps. But after a platform its not as bad due to buff, meaning you dont have to run into the triangle.

Sha globes just give mana back for us, i believe.

Sha globes simply give mana. There's so many of them that you will have to help pick them up, though. Other than that, this fight is incredibly boring, even more so than Lei Shi.

Terror Spawns work exactly like the Courage on Will. Attacking them from the front won't do anything, you have to run behind them and run back to the safe area ~5s before the next breath(you need to be in about 1 second prior, else it won't register correctly)
    The buff you get for 30s after returning from a platform renders you completely immune to the breath, which will always let you ignore exactly one breath.

Just dot the Sha, attack the spawns when it's safe and hide behind a pillar during death blossom and you should be fine.

Hello,

there is a bit of movement throughout the fight, but it's mostly predictable or controlled movement, where you can do so whilst applying dots or what not.

Tips i can give you :

- Try and cast Symbiosis on a Deathknight, getting Anti-Magic Shell which allows you to remain outside the 'shield thingie' every other Breath\Fear, reducing movement if you position yourself behind some adds, preferably the side with =>2. Keep eclipsed dots on everything you can bursting Starsurges on Sha.

- Always move to the adds or back to the shield (if Anti magic shell \ cloak of shadows is on cooldown, or you just want to swap sides) upon reaching a new eclipse, when you have to reapply dots on Sha, not wasting any dps on those movement bits.

- The Sha Globes on the platforms are mostly useless on the mana gain bit, but grab those near you to prevent the add to heal himself.

Personally i love the fight, and it's one where boomkins really shine. Have fun

I usually pop CDs at start and on cd from then on, but if u're having issues killing the adds on the platforms on time for the tank to get back to the Sha, save them for that situation.

For the adds I spec into wild charge and I have a macro that switches to cat form, wild charge, changes to boomkin form in 3 presses, to help with going to the add faster. I can post it when I get home.

For us the most difficult thing was killing the add on the platform in time for the next cackle, after that got sorted we simply killed it. The dps race is on the platform so you might want to save cds for that as someone else already mentioned. Everyone has to help on picking up the orbs so the add doesn't heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by land View Post
    Any tips you guys can give
    Yes. Show them no fear, show them no pain!

Non constructive reply is non constructive :/

In the future, if you know your response would be non-constructive, don't post it. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-12-06 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neghinitza View Post
    For the adds I spec into wild charge and I have a macro that switches to cat form, wild charge, changes to boomkin form in 3 presses, to help with going to the add faster. I can post it when I get home.
    Using Wild Charge as moonkin works good as well imo, and you will not trigger a GCD.

Indeed, I don't use why you need to shapeshifting to catform?

I'm just too lazy to turn my back to the mob and use wild charge .. this way im right on top of the mob and by the time I get there the gcd is not an issue.

I made the macro for jumping on the legs at garalon for some reason I didn't think of using the moonkin wild charge.

Edit: I tested a bit and the cat jumps further going behind the target.
    http://youtu.be/YpJywL8G4Gg

Forgot the macro ..

#showtooltip Wild charge
    /cast [nostance:1/3] Cat Form;
    /cast [stance:3] Wild Charge;
    /cast [stance:3] Moonkin Form;
    Last edited by neghinitza; 2012-12-06 at 06:51 PM. Reason: test

15+ Year Old Account
    Add should be killed by melee and people coming back from the platform with the buff. So unless you don't have any melee in your group, ranged should not run to adds - too much wasted dps.

As for platforms, you should help catching the orbs if they are close to you, however, I have seen our feral offtank catching all of them so it's possible for tanks. But still try to help - if the orb heals the add it will be more dps loss than some movement. Anyway, it's good to spread all the people on the plaform so noone has to run all the way to other side.

Thx for all the tips guys, we downed him yesterday after 10 attempts (had a 1% wipe on 7th attempt).

This is my log from the kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=7797&e=8550

I didn't do too great dps wise (60k effective): was moving pretty much all the time on the main area to kill adds and dodge those bombs, so I'd be mostly spamming my eclipsed dot and using starsurge on proc. And exactly to that same reason I tried swapping Incarnation for the shorter non-eclipsed talent as I thought I wouldn't have enough time standing still for Inc. I will try INC next week as I noticed that NV would be up for every platform where movement isnt too too bad.

Other than that I had fun with that boss, don't think I ever had to move so much in a fight (even heroic rag had less movement) and spamming my eclipsed dots was an interesting way to dps things Lol thx god we have Lunar Shower to help out with that, up time was around 51%.

BTW, do you want to list here your Wild Charge macro?