Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Shadow] How do you multi-dot? (Wind Lord Mel'Jarak)

So, going into Wind Lord, I notice how I suck at multi-dotting if I have more than 2-3 active targets. Fights like Stone guard, Elegon, WotE, Garalon, etc, I can manage dotting everything just fine. But on Wind Lord, all the adds are stacked up, and I easily lose track of the mobs, dot timers, who I'm supposed to DPS mainly, etc; basically I just suck at deepsing until most of the adds are dead.

So, I wanted to know what my fellow Shadow Priests do to be more effective during that fight. Mouse over macros? Addons? Tab Targetting?
    I've tried Mouse Over macros before, I can't work with it very well, at least not while DPSing.

Any help appreciated =)

With the buff to mind seer, I found dotting main dps mob first and then just sear everything down. But then again I'm super lazy

But after the first set of adds are dead, isn't mind sear a DPS loss? I'll try it tho, haven't tried Mind Sear yet =p

I'm pretty sure that mind searing is much higher dps. Single target on the main boss is not important until all the adds are dead and the boss is taking 150% more damage.

For normal mode, just spam mind sear.

I mindsear now especially with the buff, and keep a VT up on the boss or one of the targets that needs to die first for mana regen. Combined with Halo you should be very competitive on the damage if not #1. Just be ready to transition from mindsear to dots/mindflay at the appropriate time (fewer targets, boss burn, etc).

2-night progression raiding: http://www.fullspectrumguild.com
    Shadow-Raid Blog: http://shadow-raid.blogspot.com/

Press "V" to show enemy plates.

While there are mobs around the boss, just have boss as your target, keep SW:P, VT & DP on him, and use Halo on CD and Mind Sear as filler. Win!

don't even dot the boss during phase one (normal), just mindsear and halo w/ mindbender on cooldown. mindsear is so strong right now that the only reason you'd want to dot things would be if you have to move to break an amber prison or CC an add. of course, mass dispel if you need to, but you should just go back to mindsear as soon as its cast until you're down to 3 adds (which should all be low health), at which point building orbs with SWD and mindblast is a good idea so you can start the boss phase with a DPlague.

also, if you're still stuck in the multidot/DI mode of pre 5.1, twist of fate is definitely the talent to go for now for meljarak.

You multi dot the boss by mindsearing because its better dps.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Would divine star work as well as halo since the buff? with halo theres always the chance you'll hit the cc'ed targets and divine star dmg is pretty good + the healing you get esp in phase 2 when u stack up for rain of blades.

Depending on your tactic(and if it's hc or normal), I dotted 4 targets and kept spamming spike/mb/redotting.
    I'm a kittycat

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I ranked pretty highly this week with shadow word pain on some targets and mind seer. Used VT when at about half mana. MB on CD and DP with three orbs. I'm not able to use halo much between CC recasts, mass dispelling and breaking amber traps ect. Divine star might be worth a shot after the recent buff, but the halo healing is better on phase 2.

Talents were mindbender and DI.
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Quote Originally Posted by kartmanlol View Post
    Would divine star work as well as halo since the buff? with halo theres always the chance you'll hit the cc'ed targets and divine star dmg is pretty good + the healing you get esp in phase 2 when u stack up for rain of blades.
    divine star's aoe is microscopic - you'd probably hit no more than 2 of the adds each time. just move away from the CCd mobs when you halo.

Deleted
    Depends how you stack the adds - you can hit everything, plus all the melee with DS if they're stacked tight and the DS healing seems to be at least as good as halo if not better IME.

Quote Originally Posted by skribblez32 View Post
    For normal mode, just spam mind sear.
    This.

Other than that, Tidy Plates, ezmode.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    divine star's aoe is microscopic - you'd probably hit no more than 2 of the adds each time. just move away from the CCd mobs when you halo.
    8 yards is microscopic?
    {[( )]}

Quote Originally Posted by Aica View Post
    8 yards is microscopic?
    it's 6 now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaxattax View Post
    it's 6 now.
    It was originally a 6 yard radius. The patch reduced the radius by 33% => 4 yards, which is an 8 yard diameter. Hurray for basic math!
    {[( )]}

it's still terrible compared to halo

When a full set of adds are you you should be searing and mass dispelling (keep up as many VT's as you need for mana regen) about 10 seconds before a set of add dies you should dotting up the other set with VT and dick slam the shit out of the boss when he gets recklessness with FDCL procs.
    Hi Sephurik