DK Macro help please.

Hi, I am new to the game and starting to get my hands on macros. My first question would be what does it mean when people say modifier?

Also please help me these 3 macros:

1- To cast either Outbreak or Unholy Blight which ever is available (both skills applies blood plaque and frost fever).

2- To cast Piller of Frost then Raise Dead and then Death Pact (to buff ghoul and self healing).

3- To cast Lichborne and Death Coil (also for self healing).

Thanks for your time and the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    As a blood DK I generally loathe to use too many macros

1) Just keybind outbreak or Unholy Blight, why macro a single ability?
    2) #showtooltip Pillar of Frost
    /use # (only for on-use items, replace ‘#’ with item slot #)
    /cast Pillar of Frost
    /cast Raise Dead

The on use would be a trinket to maximize the buff...

3) LB and Deathcoil as frost???

#showtooltip Lichborne
    /cast !Lichborne;
    /cast [@player] Death Coil
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Thanks for the quick reply!

1) both have a 1 minute+ cooldown I was thinking that what if I use Outbreak and that's on a cooldown.

2) Thank!

3) LB+DC is no good for a Frost? Please enlighten me because I am still new, but since you mentioned it, I do realize that I did not gain much life back with LB+DC. Why is that?

LB + DC always sucked ass, nothing new there. You have an entire tier of talents dedicated to healing yourself. Pick one of those, and use your RP for moar Frost Strikes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Formosa View Post

1- To cast either Outbreak or Unholy Blight which ever is available (both skills applies blood plaque and frost fever).

2- To cast Piller of Frost then Raise Dead and then Death Pact (to buff ghoul and self healing).

3- To cast Lichborne and Death Coil (also for self healing).
    1- The best you can do would be this:

/cast Outbreak
    /cast Unholy Blight

It used to work if you hit it multiple times it would go to the next line of the macro if an ability was on CD, but I dont know if it does anymore. Blizz doesn't want you to have macros to cast 1 ability or another depending on the circumstance, like procs and stuff.

2- Chuck is right with the macro, just wanted to mention you can also add any equipped use item to the macro (eng glove tinker) not just trinkets

3-Unless you PvP or your raid has a lot of trouble healing the DPS, you shouldn't need the macro as frost. You could use it as a PvE "Oh shit!" button I guess.

EDIT: Guildie says /cast--/cast macros still work if the first one is on CD
    Last edited by Mojibake; 2012-12-05 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    LB + DC always sucked ass, nothing new there. You have an entire tier of talents dedicated to healing yourself. Pick one of those, and use your RP for moar Frost Strikes.
    Good to know that LB + DC sucks, haha. Seriously I was still giving it some chances to heal me more. Okay so I'll just ignore this combo for now and stick with RD + DP!

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 05:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    1- The best you can do would be this:

/cast Outbreak
    /cast Unholy Blight

It used to work if you hit it multiple times it would go to the next line of the macro if an ability was on CD, but I dont know if it does anymore. Blizz doesn't want you to have macros to cast 1 ability or another depending on the circumstance, like procs and stuff.

2- Chuck is right with the macro, just wanted to mention you can also add any equipped use item to the macro (eng glove tinker) not just trinkets

3-Unless you PvP or your raid has a lot of trouble healing the DPS, you shouldn't need the macro as frost. You could use it as a PvE "Oh shit!" button I guess.

EDIT: Guildie says /cast--/cast macros still work if the first one is on CD
    1- Let me test this out tonight!

2- So I can't do PoF->Raise Dead->Death Pact?

3- thx!

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do PoF>Raise Dead>Death Pact but the question is why.. DP is a heal and if you dont need it why macro it in to the PoF>Raise Dead.. keep it seperate and hit it when needed..
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    You can do PoF>Raise Dead>Death Pact but the question is why.. DP is a heal and if you dont need it why macro it in to the PoF>Raise Dead.. keep it seperate and hit it when needed..
    True, didn't think of that...

Can you recommend any other useful PvP macro for a Frost DK?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Formosa View Post
    My first question would be what does it mean when people say modifier?
    Seems like this is the one that hasn't been answered yet. Modifiers are the keys shift, alt and ctrl (or combinations thereof) which can be used as macro conditionals. For example, you can make a macro that casts ghoul on shift+<button> and death pact otherwise.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift]Raise Dead; Death Pact

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Seems like this is the one that hasn't been answered yet. Modifiers are the keys shift, alt and ctrl (or combinations thereof) which can be used as macro conditionals. For example, you can make a macro that casts ghoul on shift+<button> and death pact otherwise.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [mod:shift]Raise Dead; Death Pact
    Got it! Thanks !!