Rogue burst spec.

So, I keep getting moaned at by my rbg mates saying I should 'use that burst spec other rogues are using'

so, what exactly IS the highest burst spec at the moment? from what I can see, all 3 have potential.

Shadowblades+Adren rush
    Shadowblades+shadowdance
    Shadowblades+vendetta

so.. which spec should I be going for simple 'unload' potential?

Deleted
    Has to combat, surely.

Deleted
    Depends on the circumstances:
    - Assassination is completely useless in this regard
    - Assuming your opponents cannot escape you, and they stay through the whole thing, Combat definitely wins out with its Adrenaline Rush+Shadow Blades combo - followed up with a Killing Spree
    - If you're aiming for a short-window burst that generally works every time, Subtlety's Shadow Dance + Shadow Blades wins out.

So yeah, depends on what burst-durations you're aiming for. Short-term burst goes to Sub. Longer burst goes to Combat.
    Last edited by mmoc0d3e61e7f2; 2012-12-06 at 02:05 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowblades and shadowdance really should not be up at the same time. Find weakness gives 70% armor bypass, shadowblades gives 100% for auto attacks only. Its really not worth the 3 min CD for an extra 30% auto attack damage IMO, but then again, I dont RBG or do serious arenas much.

Mut is a definate no because envenom is all nature damage (not mitigated by armor, same as psns).

Try sub or combat based in your pref. I personally still like sub even though it seems gutted, espically for pvp. Combat would most likely be easiest to change targets or just straight ip burst with less setup since SV is so important to sub and the hemo bleed doesnt activate it.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

I enjoy sub for its control, but (i only do rbgs) more often then not.. there isnt much point in me popping shadow dance and scratching at them for 27k crits.. when i can instead garotte/CS and let a mage/lock hit them for 200k!

what I mean is, I rarely get to use dance for my own damage, more often its used as a control tool nowadays.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Shadowblades and shadowdance really should not be up at the same time. Find weakness gives 70% armor bypass, shadowblades gives 100% for auto attacks only. Its really not worth the 3 min CD for an extra 30% auto attack damage IMO, but then again, I dont RBG or do serious arenas much.

Mut is a definate no because envenom is all nature damage (not mitigated by armor, same as psns).

Try sub or combat based in your pref. I personally still like sub even though it seems gutted, espically for pvp. Combat would most likely be easiest to change targets or just straight ip burst with less setup since SV is so important to sub and the hemo bleed doesnt activate it.
    Auto attacks have very little impact on Sub's burst, I reckon. At least in pvp. The point of having Shadow Blades up during dance, is so you can get as many combo points as fast as possible, to maximize the amount of Eviscerates you can dish out.

so, can we reach agreement, that in a controlled environment (assuming you can stay on target i mean.)

Combat would be defined as 'the burst spec'? opener > ss > into a KS into AR/Shadowblades?

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    So, I keep getting moaned at by my rbg mates saying I should 'use that burst spec other rogues are using'

so, what exactly IS the highest burst spec at the moment? from what I can see, all 3 have potential.

Shadowblades+Adren rush
    Shadowblades+shadowdance
    Shadowblades+vendetta

so.. which spec should I be going for simple 'unload' potential?
    Shadowblades + shadowdance is a waste of potential, shadowblades' shadow dmg on autoattacks outshines 70% armor reduction given by find weakness (like using AR during Blust)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    so, can we reach agreement, that in a controlled environment (assuming you can stay on target i mean.)

Combat would be defined as 'the burst spec'? opener > ss > into a KS into AR/Shadowblades?
    Pretty much, yes.

So I'm going to ask an absolutely nooby question here. but given that. would I be best off grabbing t2 swords instead
    of daggers?

We are talking about burst here, not dps on a pvp target over a minute. That is not "burst". If you want burst, pop everything at once. Read the OP.

I vote for SD plus SB. Open Garotte > Snd > SD > Ambush and Eviscerate Spam. You could weave in a Vanish > CS to lock them down as well (and I know blah blah that is a waste of FW etc but we are talking about "burst")