LastLast
    Blame Deathwing.
    Intel i7-5820k @ 4.5 GHz
    Asus Rampage V Extreme x99
    Asus GTX 980
    32GB DDR4 RAM
    Windows 10 Home x64

Why is the Rum gone?

It's a Video Game and weird stuff happens, however the Mists removal is reasonably explained. The Shattering shifted the world so much that the mists dissipated but nobody realised initially because they were in Horde VS Alliance conflict and defeating Deathwing. With Deathwing dead the conflict became the main concern and ships crossing the sea discovered Pandaria (An area that otherwise would have been avoided because of Mists and navigational doom).

My lore lately is a little fuzzy so i would like to ask

why didnt the aspects tell us about pandaria surely they must have known it existed since they were there at the beginning surely the titans couldve told them about the land there or maybe they did know but felt we didnt have a right to mess with there tranquility by telling us

why didnt any of the seafaring nations bother to see what was inside the mist instead of just avoiding it surely somebody wouldve adventured to it or maybe people did and they never came back

If the zandarlari trolls knew about pandaria why didnt any existance of the alliance between them and the mogu not show up till now surely there shouldve been documents or tablets telling fables about the mysterious place and the mogu and surely the darkspear shouldve known something about them or at least heard tales about them

I dont know im sure this is explained somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Pum View Post
    Don't put things like this, someone will believe it..
    Ok; it's a combination of the Sha and Emperor Shaohao.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    why didnt any of the seafaring nations bother to see what was inside the mist instead of just avoiding it surely somebody wouldve adventured to it or maybe people did and they never came back
    if the Mists had the power had the power to protect the land from the Sundering, I think it also had the power to repel visitors
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    If that's 100% true then why there was like almost no clue about it durning the Cataclysm storyline? I know maybe they were busy with Deathwing and the Twilight hammer but still...there is no way in hell that all of Azeroth society were just focusing on nothing but Deathwing got what I mean?
    Not sure what you're having trouble with understanding. Pandaria was not known to outsiders for 10000 years, and the only Pandaren anyone in the rest of the world knew of came from the Wandering Isle. Shenzin-su stopped returning to Pandaria when Liu Long died so those Pandaren, like Chen Stormstout are as foreign to the continent as any one else. It was stumbled upon by Alliance and Horde navies not long after Deathwing's fall; no one was down there prior, and possibly only the Zandalari even knew the fate of Pandaria following the Sundering.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 05:21 AM ----------

why didnt the aspects tell us about pandaria surely they must have known it existed since they were there at the beginning surely the titans couldve told them about the land there or maybe they did know but felt we didnt have a right to mess with there tranquility by telling us
    Everyone knew about Pandaria pre-Sundering, post-Sundering its fate was unknown, the wanderers had generation after generation of only knowing Shenzin-su and *not* Pandaria. Even the Dragonflights don't know the fate of every last thing in the world. There's no evidence they ever visited Pandaria, even when it was part of old Kalimdor.

My lore lately is a little fuzzy so i would like to ask

If the zandarlari trolls knew about pandaria why didnt any existance of the alliance between them and the mogu not show up till now surely there shouldve been documents or tablets telling fables about the mysterious place and the mogu and surely the darkspear shouldve known something about them or at least heard tales about them

I dont know im sure this is explained somewhere
    Some of the Aspects lore confuses me. At the end cut scene they lose their power because they served their purpose that the titans created them for *Alexstraza says this*. having their power taken away means the Titans may have knew Nef was going to be corrupted *Nozdormu did get his prower from a titan that could time travel* In which case, why would they create Nef at all if they knew he would get corrupted.

How does The Black Prince know of impending doom to Azeroth, he only just hatched

On topic OP, the Lorewalkers tell you that The Last Emperor Shaohao last great gift to Pandaria was 10,000 years of peace and thats when the Mists came. Maybe its coincidence, maybe it was weakened from the Shattering, or maybe just maybe as you learn threw quests, Shado-pam and from the Celestials *mainly the Jade Serpent* Pandaria itself is a living land, and as the Celestials said the outsiders WILL be needed to defend her, the Mists, an extension of Pandaria herself let the horde and alliance aid in the dire times coming to Pandaria.

10+ Year Old Account
    We were to busy worrying about Deathwing that the Mists of Pandaria (Pun intended) had lifted.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    Some of the Aspects lore confuses me. At the end cut scene they lose their power because they served their purpose that the titans created them for *Alexstraza says this*. having their power taken away means the Titans may have knew Nef was going to be corrupted *Nozdormu did get his prower from a titan that could time travel* In which case, why would they create Nef at all if they knew he would get corrupted.
    If you read too deep into it you would think that. Arguably the great power being expended to fulfill their purpose as guardian could've been anything. it just happened to be Deathwing, which means he was the biggest threat to Azeroth compared to all others past, including the Legion and the scourge.

How does The Black Prince know of impending doom to Azeroth, he only just hatched
    He reads a lot. He knows there are still loose ends and that the Dragonflights cannot lend any aid in dealing with them as they have in the past.

On topic OP, the Lorewalkers tell you that The Last Emperor Shaohao last great gift to Pandaria was 10,000 years of peace and thats when the Mists came. Maybe its coincidence, maybe it was weakened from the Shattering, or maybe just maybe as you learn threw quests, Shado-pan and from the Celestials *mainly the Jade Serpent* Pandaria itself is a living land, and as the Celestials said the outsiders WILL be needed to defend her, the Mists, an extension of Pandaria herself let the horde and alliance aid in the dire times coming to Pandaria.
    This makes me think that whatever it is that makes Pandaria live and breathe is Shaohao himself, all of what he was, including the Sha. Being happy and joyous makes the land happy and joyous, being angry and violent causes the Sha to take on those emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    Why is the Rum gone?

It's a Video Game and weird stuff happens, however the Mists removal is reasonably explained. The Shattering shifted the world so much that the mists dissipated but nobody realised initially because they were in Horde VS Alliance conflict and defeating Deathwing. With Deathwing dead the conflict became the main concern and ships crossing the sea discovered Pandaria (An area that otherwise would have been avoided because of Mists and navigational doom).
    No no no. Despite belief, the Mists did not dissipate from the Cataclysm. I cant find the exact source, but it was stated as so. And besides, there is no chance Pandaria would not have been discovered during the 2 years from the shattering to MoP.

The reason? No one knows. There must be a reason why it dissapeared now. The mantid were corrupted by the Sha of Fear once before (They talk about it every now and then in the Klaxxi area; The empress before Shek'Zeer was also corrupted), and from the looks of Dread Waste, had been corrupted before Horde and Alliance found Pandaria.

Why does this also happen during the time when the Mogu are rebuilding there empire?

All three, Mists, Sha, and Mogu, are relates under one of two categories, Titans and Old Gods. The reason will most assuredly be addressed furher into MoP.

What do I think? Well, during an interview with But Wait Theres Lore, a dev said Y'Shaarj waz dead, but then said he couldnt say whether or not we would encounter him in some way. So, I believe that Pandaria was a back up plan by the Old Gods. They intended on using it as failsafe incase there greatest weapon (Deathwing) failed. Leave the world in turmoil and the lands ruined, then have the mortals find a CONTINENT full of resources, where the very land reacts to negativity. Conflict their is inevitable. The Mogu? They know alm about the Sha and Old Gods. They know something we don't. What that is? We have to see. (last paragraph is all speculation)

oke op why did it take 2 month before the horde/alliance come with a major force to pandaria?

and why did they both go at the same time? and why does alliance attack horde at the start. but also horde attacks alliance when they start. that makes no sense.
    but we just let it happen. they told us what caused the mist to go away.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    oke op why did it take 2 month before the horde/alliance come with a major force to pandaria?

and why did they both go at the same time? and why does alliance attack horde at the start. but also horde attacks alliance when they start. that makes no sense.
    but we just let it happen. they told us what caused the mist to go away.
    Alliance intro takes place after the Horde. It goes like this,
    ally/horde fight at see, ally wins and finds Pandaria>Horde intro>Aliance intro.
    Admiral Rogers says shes signalling the fleet and estimates 2 months arrival. Garrosh certainly heard of Pandaria and began amassing his army immediately. Happening at the EXACT same time is gameplay reasons, lorewise theres probly a few days/a week difference or so.

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Alliance intro takes place after the Horde. It goes like this,
    ally/horde fight at see, ally wins and finds Pandaria>Horde intro>Aliance intro.
    Admiral Rogers says shes signalling the fleet and estimates 2 months arrival. Garrosh certainly heard of Pandaria and began amassing his army immediately. Happening at the EXACT same time is gameplay reasons, lorewise theres probly a few days/a week difference or so.
    but how can alliance find pandaria first when horde has a whole freaking base in there? but also horde need to fight a alliance base.

but i'm not whining because i know its a video game. and stuff doesn't also need to happen with a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Because they aren't going to tell us what the next expansion is while we are in the middle or beginning of the current one. Toward the end, sure, but come on OP. I'm sure you're not THAT dense. The Shattering DID remove the mist. It's said in multiple quests including the lorewalkers quests, which I wager you either didn't do or didn't pay attention to.

Think of it like the World of Warcraft YOU play is only one story and narration. Even if Pandaria had been discovered while Deathwing was alive, it doesn't mean YOUR character, or anyone in the alliance new about it until YOU discovered it. For god's sake, suspend with disbelief for one damn second and just let it happen. It's supposed to be a fantasy world. In a video game. The Shattering removed the mists, and right up at the very end of Cataclysm we discovered Pandaria. Is that really that hard to believe?

Sorry to say this but you really don't need to insult me just because I have different opinion about the subject. Yes I do understand your point but what I think is there was no hints at all about it durning Cataclysm not even the end of it for example at the end of TBC you have hints that there is still Northrend up there and the Lich king there or at the end of Vanilla you have hints around the entire Azeroth about a new world beyond the Dark Portal which is the world of Draenor that's what I mean...you really don't need to be harsh...
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-12-06 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    No no no. Despite belief, the Mists did not dissipate from the Cataclysm. I cant find the exact source, but it was stated as so. And besides, there is no chance Pandaria would not have been discovered during the 2 years from the shattering to MoP.
    Why isn't there any word or sight of Kul'Tiras for years since Proudmore's defeat at Theramore? Kul'Tiras' location should even (had to) be known.

10+ Year Old Account
    prob just an offshoot of an old gods plan similar to the emerald dream, deathwing, azshara etc

The pandas coated the island with mist to prevent outsiders from landing and releasing the sha. During the cataclysm, deathwing weakened the world/ prisons which caused the old gods to level up and gain the ability "clear pandaria mists" they used that ability which allows the horde/alliance to visit pandaria which in turn caused the sha to gain in power through the conflict. The sha are now trying to take over pandaria to gain a power base so they are strong enough to free the old gods/ stop the burning legion from taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    yeah an entire year of total war seems like a pretty big gap
    From the sundering to DW s fall was about 6 months, and from DWs fall to us landing on Pandaria is around another 6 months. As for official links and sources you need to follow quests and novels to get this time frame. There is no official time line put out by blizzard.
    Last edited by Beefhammer; 2012-12-06 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    As someone posted above, the Jade Serpent indicated there was a reason the mists disappeared. Cataclysm did not cause the mists to go, we'll find out why as the expansion progresses. If anyone has a reliable source stating that the shattering did in fact cause this I would like to see that, and some garbled text on Wowpedia is not proof in my opinion. To quote it:

Somehow before the Shattering dissipated the magic that kept Pandaria hidden since the Great Sundering, some pandaren emerged from the bamboo forests of their ancestors to bring their unique fighting style (and robust ales) to the rest of Azeroth.[2]
    That does not say the shattering caused it.

Deleted
    I'm not sure if it was mentioned anywhere or if it's just my own theory, but I think Shaohao didn't want his Pandaren to be isolated from the rest of the world anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Sorry to say this but you really don't need to insult me just because I have different opinion about the subject. Yes I do understand your point but what I think is there was no hints at all about it durning Cataclysm not even the end of it for example at the end of TBC you have hints that there is still Northrend up there and the Lich king there or at the end of Vanilla you have hints around the entire Azeroth about a new world beyond the Dark Portal which is the world of Draenor that's what I mean...you really don't need to be harsh...
    so want to want to speak to a shaman who basicly say

"i have a feeling we will soon find so far unknow isle. with panda like beings". would that really you happy?