Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the best thing to do is to not get upset over it, that's what they want you to do anyway. it's just some horrible troll or sad kid or adult with a child mentality who gets a rise out of feeling like a high school bully on the internet. most people in a large setting like that don't look into things they just believe what someone says and agrees to kick them, i've done it since i'm usually zoned the hell out in LFR when I do it anyway. you don't have to do anything wrong, obviously he was angry that you were showing him he was an idiot and he reacted by getting angry, so he tried to make you angry...seems to have worked.

nothing can be done, don't complain don't worry, just move on and accept that this game has people like that in it and there's nothing you can ever do about it, there is no lesson you can teach them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    As a healer I got a much bigger mouth than as a DPS. Why? DPS is easier replaced and longer queue time. So since you're a healer I say: live with it and go requeue. You can slack while watching TV or something (like the rest does) till you arrived on the boss you gotta kill.
    Healers who watch TV while raiding didn't have much to do, and really need to play DPS as it's a wasted slot, otherwise.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

How to not get kicked from LFR.

Say nothing.
    Do your role.
    If the idiot-to-raider ratio gets too high just leave.

You can't fix stupid. Frankly, the only reason that LFR succeeds is because raiders need VPs and LFR is a fairly easy way to get 450 in an evening and show off on the damage meters at the same time. As soon as they stop, LFR grinds to a halt as it implodes in a sea of stupidity.

Rofl they pulled a nice prank on you, remember doing something similar in DS. People will kick ANYONE if you tell them to. Especially do it with CAPS and exclamation marks.

A simple solution would be, in LFR, you have to have everyone type something as a reason when someone is vote kicked. Most likely, most people didn't know they were kicking you, instead, they just clicked the "Yes" to get it off of their screen. I see that happen ALL THE TIME in LFR. People don't pay attention to who they're kicking, they just do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
    Ok, so I admit this might be somewhat of a rant but it got me thinking about what can be done, if anything to stop situations like this from happening to others: Today in LFR some troll was telling people the wrong strats for the different boss mechanics. When I called him out on it and linked the tooltip for some of the spells (pointing out that some of the things were in fact buffs), he spammed the word "idiot" to me and the announced to the raid that I was intentionally trying to wipe the group and to kick me... which they did. I was top on the healing meters on every fight up and was one of the only people alive on several attempts that didn't go so well. I must admit that this definately pissed me off a little because now I have to queue and repeat things I've already done.

So my questions to the community is this, what can be done, if anything to stop this BS? Thoughts? Comments? Just want to hear what others have to say. As someone who doesn't AFK in the LFR or half ass my healing when I queue, I'm more than a little angry that players like me can be punished because someone wants to be an asshole.
    So basically what you are saying is that not only this guy but also all those who voted to kick you, are stupid?
    I don't know what to believe......

I've read a few of this kind of posts and odd but true, almost all the people who get vote-kicks out of LFR are topping always the meters.
    You where the top healer.. and yet more then 1 raid members wanted you out... so you where out.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    You forgot two:

6) Don't talk. Ever. It only draws attention to yourself.

7) Don't play a tank. They are easily blamed.
    Whoops im doing number 7!

I enjoy LFR, I go in know nothing of tactics and quickly figure it out as we go enjoy it quite a bit. My fav fight still is the will of the emperor, love the dodge mechanics.

Sadly, there is nothing that can be done, except maybe making a ticket if you know exactly who initiated the vote. Despite what the tough guys here say, I'm very much in doubt that vote kicking on a whim is okay with Blizzard.

Reading through here reminds me why I don't play WoW anymore. Some people just seem miserable and want to spread their grumpiness. A shame, it is.
    (Especially the "you're this and that role QQ more lol"-part, extremely petty.)

Oh and don't do LFR past about Sunday lunchtime.

The quality of entrants goes down as the week goes on. Last time I tried on a Sunday both tanks failed to take the crystals on Feng before accusing each other of not knowing the tactics. I dread to think how bad this gets by Tuesday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Theres always a reason you are kicked from LFR.

Here are your solutions:

1) Dont suck at dps

2) Dont suck at healing

3) Dont kill the raid

4) Dont remain dead and wait for a rez, run back

5) Dont afk and auto follow people

There you go, surefire ways to not get kicked from LFR.
    yesterday i did a lfr 2nd part hof, no cc used on adds, a dps marked wrong targets .
    DPS /dispelling and the healing sucked so we wiped due to to many quickining stacks.
    So , the Tanks got kicked for taking to much damage instead of looking at the real problem, new tanks came in , we wiped again due to the same crap, new vote kick asked for new tanks and by now i left so no clue what happened after .....
    Moral of the story , people are assholes and there doesn't have to be reason to get kicked at all (at least not a reason that concerns the person kicked).
    Last edited by mmocffc62feb06; 2012-12-06 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Well, you can't actually solve being kicked for no reason, as there's no reason to solve. What helps is just staying silent. Who cares what tactics someone spouts? No one ever follows them anyway, good or bad.

So basically what you are saying is that not only this guy but also all those who voted to kick you, are stupid?
    I don't know what to believe......
    I've seen good people being kicked for no reason often enough to believe the OP. Sheep don't need a reason, they just need someone shouting in raid and a window with a 'yes' button popping up.

Deleted
    A lot of it is peer pressure, was even a post bout it when lfr came out in DS.
    A group of people were doing stuff like pulling, taunting, killing tendons etc and blaming it on a person, then together they started blaming the same person.
    Soon enough said person was kicked, no asking, no objections etc.

Thats community for ya

10+ Year Old Account
    The truth is that generally, keeping quiet in LFR is the best option. I usually just do my job and don't say a word no matter what anyone else is saying, unless we've wiped so many times that it's necessary to have someone step up to organize.

Example: Second week Garalon was out, the DK tank insisted...I mean full on insisted that he would take the pheremones, and that no one else needed to do it and since it was LFR we'd be fine. After about three or four wipes like that, I stepped in and said we should assign two ranged and politely asked two people to volunteer to take them. Two people volunteered and we killed it the next attempt.

The rule is basically, if you need to say something, be VERY polite about it. If you can't make yourself be polite, suck it up and leave and requeue. Yes you'll have to do some bosses over again but I know what the healing queues are like, and you'll get in immediately instead of waiting 30-45 minutes like a dps would.

We always votekick every male bloodelf we see (generally ups the average LFR skill level) and once we run out we move on to the female bloodelfs. Should try it out for smoother LFR's

10+ Year Old Account
    just queue with dps if you are going to heal

that way you got less derps in the group and they get a faster queue

by rule of thumb: anyone from trade on your server is better than anyone else you would get angry with in lfr

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    When I make a group outside LFD or LFR I can kick you whenever and for whatever reason I want. Blizzard has no say on this matter. Same counts when the majority decides to kick you from LFD or LFR.
    Look, it's not rocket science. It is quite easy to abuse the kick feature and get a LFR group to kick someone simply for your own amusement. Griefing other players, and exploiting anything in the game is against the rules. The kick feature is there for many reasons, none of which is for your amusement.

If it turns out that you do so in a way which is obvious to a GM reading the chat and/or combat logs, you could be sanctioned. It's in the ToU.

I also wonder what they would do about it.
    My brother used to work for Blizzard as a GM, and he has told me quite a bit about what they do. Basically their mandate is to make the gaming experience better for customers. Someone getting their kicks out of griefing other players falls well within the category of the type of thing the GMs are there to stamp out.

You'd be surprised how easy it is for a GM to spot a player who is actively trying to disrupt the LFR experience of others simply by looking through evidence from the logs (both combat and chat). For a first offence it is likely that a GM will just have a nice "friendly" chat with the player and advise them to play nice. Since every GM interaction with a player is flagged, future similar offences will very quickly see the player climbing up the ban pyramid, starting with a short (3 hour) suspension. It is unlikely to get your account banned for such behaviour, but I am sure if someone tries hard enough for long enough they can achieve that...

Ticket response is now at least 1 day. Are they going to put you back in the group the next day? It's funny that you actually think they are going to do something about it.
    It's funny that you think they won't. The fact is, if you submit a ticket, the GM *should* take a look at the chat logs in the very least (yes, maybe you'll get a slack GM who doesn't care, but I believe that more often than not the GM will do his/her job). If the evidence is pretty obvious it is likely that something will be done to make that player less likely to repeat his crappy behaviour. In the end it means a slightly better WoW experience for everyone.

Of course if you are a cynic and believe that nothing will happen, and as such you do nothing, and everyone else shares your pessimism, then, no, nothing will be done.

It's not funny that people like you increase ticket response time with your unnecessary tickets.
    Firstly, these tickets are what enable the GMs to make the gaming community better by addressing the bad apples. I know how much contempt you, Gilian, hold for the "terrible" community. Why be so scathing of people who actually are doing something instead of just complaining on a forum?

Secondly, your assertion regarding ticket response times is false. If Blizzard receives less tickets, they will simply employ less staff. The fact that ticket times are so long is not because of people submitting tickets. It's because Blizzard have messed up their system and don't have enough people to handle it. That needs to be rectified at a system level.

Thirdly, why blame the person with a legitimate complaint? Clearly the problem is the person abusing the LFR kick system. Blame them.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2012-12-06 at 01:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    You forgot two:

6) Don't talk. Ever. It only draws attention to yourself.

7) Don't play a tank. They are easily blamed.
    I've played a tank for about 3 years now.

I will never, ever, ever, ever, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever, tank for LFR without guildies.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Viscera View Post
    We always votekick every male bloodelf we see (generally ups the average LFR skill level) and once we run out we move on to the female bloodelfs. Should try it out for smoother LFR's
    This makes sense.

Very likely someone in the group immediately linked the healing meters and vote kicked the idiot right after they vote kicked you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Theres always a reason you are kicked from LFR.

Here are your solutions:

1) Dont suck at dps

2) Dont suck at healing

3) Dont kill the raid

4) Dont remain dead and wait for a rez, run back

5) Dont afk and auto follow people

There you go, surefire ways to not get kicked from LFR.
    Let me guess, you're the "genius" mentioned by OP? Because you show exactly same inability to read.