Thread: Hypocrisy.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Blizzard will often force name changes when a few ppl report the name. How offensive it is or isn't has almost nothing to do with it. I have known guilds to do this to ppl they have kicked out of the guild or raids as one last way to screw with somebody that left on bad terms. This also is a way that friends would get a free name change for other friends.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the name was reported by someone suffering from bloddy diarrhea. People just love feeling offended.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Oh well, if others have done it before, then it doesn't matter, does it?
    The point here was that the name change of the OP was not some GM enforcing a policy. It was simply done to coddle some random person who got into his or her head that he or she didn't like the OP's name.

Because God forbid anyone would have to be offended in an online game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    All right brothers and sisters. In the name of shielding some poor soul from a huge offense, how about we go report all of the above? Hmm?
    Well to be fair, chances are VERY slim I'd join a raiding team in which everybody is called something like

Shit, Crap, Bloodpoop, Scat, etc.. I mean, imagine this

MT Tauren Warrior: Dungheap
    OT Orc Deathknight: Crapface
    Healer Blood Elf Paladin: Holyshit
    Healer Troll Shaman: Scatter
    Healer Tauren Druid: Scatbloom
    Ranged DPS Undead Warlock: Deadpoop
    Ranged DPS Troll Hunter: Shitthrower
    Ranged DPS Blood Elf Mage: Bloodfirepoop
    Melee DPS Orc Rogue: Stabbingshit
    Melee DPS Panda Monk: Crapbrewer

Al though they'd probably find it funny, you couldn't pay me enough to play with these people.. Now imagine the ventrilo conversations...

"Oké Stabbingshit and Shitthrower, you really need to up your dps cause this is just shit! And Scatbloom, your mana is really going down the drain if you're doing 55% overhealing.."

Seriously? I guess I'm just to old for these kind of things. But well, I don't mind that these people are around, as long as they're not on my server or in my face..

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Meh when i saw the title I though the thread would be about the band XD
    Hell, yea, exactly...

On topic: To all ppl saying thats justified - what about Ook-ook and his phrase "me gonna ook you in da dooker" ? Some ppl might take it for " I am gonna rape you in the ass"... So now we ass-raping monkey and crapping blood.. And they force him to name change... That is hypocrisy at its finest.

PS.: I don't mind any of this, was just trying to find something to compare it with...

Just rename it to Chipotle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    Well to be fair, chances are VERY slim I'd join a raiding team in which everybody is called something like

Shit, Crap, Bloodpoop, Scat, etc.. I mean, imagine this

MT Tauren Warrior: Dungheap
    OT Orc Deathknight: Crapface
    Healer Blood Elf Paladin: Holyshit
    Healer Troll Shaman: Scatter
    Healer Tauren Druid: Scatbloom
    Ranged DPS Undead Warlock: Deadpoop
    Ranged DPS Troll Hunter: Shitthrower
    Ranged DPS Blood Elf Mage: Bloodfirepoop
    Melee DPS Orc Rogue: Stabbingshit
    Melee DPS Panda Monk: Crapbrewer

Al though they'd probably find it funny, you couldn't pay me enough to play with these people.. Now imagine the ventrilo conversations...

"Oké Stabbingshit and Shitthrower, you really need to up your dps cause this is just shit! And Scatbloom, your mana is really going down the drain if you're doing 55% overhealing.."

Seriously? I guess I'm just to old for these kind of things. But well, I don't mind that these people are around, as long as they're not on my server or in my face..
    Now I want to hear some raid leader saying this in serious tone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodpoop View Post
    Yeah I noticed that as they ignored me and deleted my posts without giving me any real response, despite the fact that my posts were completely valid and constructive.
    Perhaps completely valid and constructive posts by someone called Bloodpoop aren't as easy to take serious.

Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Now I want to hear some raid leader saying this in serious tone.
    Me...
    Me too...
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    That name disgusts me. You should have got a nice ban and a character deletion instead of just rename. Your cry for mercy is irrelevant mister O.P/

Don't be rude. Post constructively
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-06 at 02:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodpoop View Post
    And the quests names will not potentially offend somebody equally and in exactly the same context? What about the quest pooped? You don't suppose the exact same person offended by my name would be offended by a quest they might do everyday despite their personal disgust? Where as my character can simply be ignored if they are not fond of my entirely unoffensive name?
    I believe and feel the difference between talking about an item poop and a person called poop. Just feels that way to me anyway. Maybe it was the added Blood- that did it... but the moment I started reading your post and saw the name Bloodpoop I felt it was unappropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    The point here was that the name change of the OP was not some GM enforcing a policy. It was simply done to coddle some random person who got into his or her head that he or she didn't like the OP's name.
    That's precisely how the GMs enforce the policy. Someone reports a possible offense and they investigate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The question is WHO would like to play as a character named "Bloodpoop"?.

I don't mind things like "Brewslee" or "Gnom-something", even I have a couple of funny named characters but your name is not funny at all (unless you are, like, 7 years old) and you have been given the chance of getting another one, grow up and come up with something better.

"Oh, please, save me, mighty...! Bloodpoop? Forget it, I'll wait for the next one!"
    Soulwind I think you may have thought this was a "Du u liek my naem?/" thread. It is not. <3 Sydanyo. Just shows who gets to keep their name boils down to a popularity contest rather than an actual enforced rule. I was actually reported for the name 'fuggit' on rift one time. Some guy decided that it was too close to 'Faggot'. I had a chat with a gm and I was able to get my name reinstated. He also admitted it was a mistake and apologized.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    That name disgusts me. You should have got a nice ban and a character deletion instead of just rename. Your cry for mercy is irrelevant mister O.P/
    Go troll somewhere else please...

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-12-06 at 02:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Yeah I've had friends delete their characters, get someone to make a level 1 alt with the same name and begin playing it, then report to Blizzard "homg i accidently deleted my main wtf!!" then Blizzard is all like "somehow your name got taken" free name change.

But that was in vanilla so who knows if it still works.
    Doesn't work anymore. When I tried that a while ago they renamed the new character to something with an additional letter and gave me my old name back. Guess they've been scammed one too many times.

As for a bit more on-topic:
    I personally would not take offense to the name, but from personal experiences ... shitting blood is far from funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Its kinda sad that, thats the case. What offends people shouldnt matter to the OP, unless its something like niggerblaster or retarded names like that. Bloodpoop seems kinda mild for WoW tbh where theres references to sex blood and curses everywhere.
    Yea I pretty much agree, there is so much reference to the mentioned things that only trolls can pretend to be offended tbh...

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the poop quests to be childish, but they don't bother me. I don't find them to be vile or disgusting. They're just ... poop quests. "Bloodpoop" however is an entirely different animal. I read the name and I feel kind of sick actually. That's disgusting, and it got changed for more than just having the word poop in it, it's the combination of the two words. Honestly I'm glad they changed it, I wouldn't want to be in a raid or party or guild with someone named that and as such I'm glad that such names are reportable.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I find the poop quests to be childish, but they don't bother me. I don't find them to be vile or disgusting. They're just ... poop quests. "Bloodpoop" however is an entirely different animal. I read the name and I feel kind of sick actually. That's disgusting, and it got changed for more than just having the word poop in it, it's the combination of the two words. Honestly I'm glad they changed it, I wouldn't want to be in a raid or party or guild with someone named that and as such I'm glad that such names are reportable.
    Lemme ask you, are you offended by big monkey who wants to rape your ass? That's actually whatone npc says in game... I can understand some ppl can feel sick thinking about bloodpoop, while I am not, but why should his name be changed when there are references to pretty much worse and more disgusting stuff in game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Lemme ask you, are you offended by big monkey who wants to rape your ass?
    I understood that he wanted to wash me in the river.