Thread: Hypocrisy.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Seriously, emotional attachment aside that has got to be one of the worst names I've ever seen on a character. I can't even imagine what it must have been like having to call that name out over vent in a raid. "The parasite's on you know what, never mind, wipe it."

OP has been given a chance to come up with a better name than "Bloodpoop" for free. That's a pretty good deal in my book.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    "The parasite's on you know what, never mind, wipe it."
    the irony....it's...killing me....

Rules and regulations are meant to protect who? I agree there are names that definitely should not be used but what does that tell me about society in general. Are we all sensitive whiners that feel better after we banned something like a name? I don't get offended but in the end WGAF. If kids or sensitive disney kids moan about losing then dont play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Since poop is ALL OVER the game, and there's even a quest in Grizzly Hills to shit your brains out, I wouldn't say "poop" is against a naming policy by any means, or Blizzard needs to modify a TON of their quests and objects.
    Exactly the point I am trying to make. I am not asking if you like my name. I am not asking if it is against the terms. I am not asking for a link to the terms. My point is that this game is full of poop, exploded, smeared, gathered and dissected poop. The terms ARE NOT set in stone. This is not the united states constitution. These are rules that are constantly being revised based mostly on player imput and simply need another revision.

Blizzard does have a double standard when it comes to names of characters and pets. They use things in the game all over the place that aren't allowed as names.

Real quick and obvious example? Rename your pet "Nuts" and try to name him back - not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodpoop View Post
    Exactly the point I am trying to make. I am not asking if you like my name. I am not asking if it is against the terms. I am not asking for a link to the terms. My point is that this game is full of poop, exploded, smeared, gathered and dissected poop. The terms ARE NOT set in stone. This is not the united states constitution. These are rules that are constantly being revised based mostly on player imput and simply need another revision.
    Enough people lodged a complaint with Blizzard about your name that they did something about it. That's player input too. Besides which, you listed what, twelve quests? Out of how many? Four or five thousand? Hardly "full" of fecal matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You agreed to the terms of conduct, Blizzard did not.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Deleted
    Lupus Pupus

LMFAO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is elegance and humor in their quests (and they're optional).
    I'd completely disagree with that. I've done my share of the scatalogical quests in game and I'm not sure how you'd find them elegant ever, or humorous once you get past grade school.

O.p., you can complain all you want about Blizzard's policies but you agreed to abide by them when you accepted the T.O.S. I'm not really too concerned about the opinion of someone who'd name themselves like you do anyway.

Actually I couldn't think of a name for about an hour so the "blood" is simply because I'm a blood elf and poop was just because I was at a complete loss. But the name has grown on me. This is basically the principle that blizzard feels that they can be very vulgar in-game but we can't even be mildly vulgar or childish without it being against terms.

Also bloodpoop can easily just refer to a person with a slight fiber deficiency. I am in no way making fun of people with prostate cancer lol.
    Yeah, and when I named my char "Faggot", I was actually talking about a pile of sticks. Blizzard r so dum for the banning me.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

This has to be one of the most laughable threads of the decade. But be glad you get a free name change.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    These are rules that are constantly being revised based mostly on player imput and simply need another revision.
    I don't think you understand how a TOS works. It is most certainly not revised based on player input. Just when I think that you can't do anything sillier, there you go.

Oh you.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Yeah, and when I named my char "Faggot", I was actually talking about a pile of sticks. Blizzard r so dum for the banning me.
    It just occurred to me that he admitted in writing that the word "poop" is the first thing that came to his mind when he was drawing a complete blank. Imagine this guy taking a Rorschach inkblot test.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold of Skullcrusher View Post
    Lemme ask you, are you offended by big monkey who wants to rape your ass? That's actually whatone npc says in game... I can understand some ppl can feel sick thinking about bloodpoop, while I am not, but why should his name be changed when there are references to pretty much worse and more disgusting stuff in game?
    Why's it gotta be rape? For all you know "ook" means "kick". "I'm gonna kick you in the ass" is a very common saying. Much more so than "I'm gonna rape you in the ass."

You fluent in monkey?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad your name got reported. It...just isn't even funny to name a character that. Sure there's poop quests in the game but it is called a NAMING POLICY for your character. Quite frankly I wish Blizzard was more strict and did more RP character names. Makes the world more immersive and real. Really I get tired of silly puns or meme's in character names.

I would also report it that it has two words in it and that in itself is against the rules.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    130 Witty / Crazy WoW guild names

Here is a page dedicated to them:

5. <Naga Please>

7. <CSI Stormwind>

17. <We’re Pissing All Over You>

23. <Two Orcs One Cup>

and the list goes on... feel free to click the link above and see them all.
    10. <Lincoln Wiped On Opera>

Freaking awesome...
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

It can be offense to people with Ulcerative Colitis (UC), because hey. There's a difference between bloody poop and cow shit.

Tyvm.
    Sweeter than yo mama's apple pie.

There's no hypocrisy on Blizzard's end anyway. There might be quests involving feces, but go out and find an NPC whose name is a synonym for human excrement.

Well in that case, I'd rather have Blizzard remove those quests than Blizzard allowing people naming their characters with names that are inappropriate references to human anatomy or bodily functions.

But on the whole, I think there is a subtile difference between an optional quest with some toilet humor and a character called Bloodpoop. Even if one would argue that this is a double standard, I don't want them to change anything. Besides, weren't you allowed to use that name for a long time until you were stupid enough to get yourself reported by your friends (or people you know anyway), because you told them: "Hey, my name is awesome and it won't get banned!!" So they saw a challenge and reported you.

If Blizzard would be really nasty about all this, they'd form a naming policy in which banned words in your name will not make it possible to create a character called that way. Thankfully it's not like that or I wouldn't be able to call my Dwarf Bassor for example (in case of ass would be one of these banned words), so it's not that it isn't possible. It's just that if you're stupid and tell your friends that you won't get banned when you're called Bloodpoop which is against the naming regulations, they'll get you banned. Don't be mad at Blizzard, be mad at your friends!

An other difference between Blizzard and the players is that Blizzard can give NPC's first and surenames. Are you mad about that double standard as well? This game is supposed to be an MMO-RPG. It means Massive Multi-player Online Roleplaying Game in case you're unaware. Roleplaying means that you are supposed to play that you're your character. How happy would you be if your reallife name was Bloodpoop? If you really feel so strongly about it, try to force this name change irl first. Show your official documents (passport or something) here on the forum and at that point I'll believe that you'd really be happy being called Bloodpoop.

As for wanting to change things, thats fine. But start with changing things that actually make sense! If you'll fight for a surename for our characters, you'll got my vote! For this, no way in hell you'll ever get it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    There's no hypocrisy on Blizzard's end anyway. There might be quests involving feces, but go out and find an NPC whose name is a synonym for human excrement.
    Bloody excrement that is ;-)