Thread: New Loot System

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkiey View Post
    how about 15 people stealing every peice dropping for you for 1 guildy they are gearing ... for ... like the whole existence of lfr ?

mehhh...
    And this way we all only gear up far slower. Because some people get stuff they don't need at all again and again and again. I for example got the PvE set legs about 3 times now and the PvP dps cloak 3-4 times from the Sha. (I'm a healer, why am I even getting DPS Stuff?!)

I can't do a damn with these items and normally I'd passed on them, so somebody else would've gotten them and thus could've progressed. So all this truly does is slowing down people when gearing up. Because gear people need goes to people who don't need it and they can't trade it anymore.

This is one of the main issues I have with this system most people don't even seem to reckognize.

@Magpai, BS! The new system is indefinitely worse.

Let's say for example that a 10 man group killed a boss and 4 items dropped in the old system. 2 PvP items and 2 PvE ones. Now all these items usually found someone that needed them and thus usually ended up benefiting someone. People who didn't PvP often didn't even roll on those items and thus someone who'd actually put that item to use ended up with it.

With the new system these 4 items would've been randomly distributed between people. So now someone ends up with an PvP item who doesn't even PvP, an item that he or she already has or simply doesn't need for one or another reason. Unlike in the past they can't pass on said items, they can't trade it to someone else, they can't do a damn about it.
    Said item is now going to waste, it is one less item helping someone to gear up and this happens OFTEN.

Ultimatively Blizzard immensely slowed down the process of aquiring gear this way and most people don't even notice it! I got the legs I don't need 3 times, legs other people would've needed and with the old system they would've gotten them. Now I get about 20 gold for selling them, yay!

I hate the new system, my alts can't get a single piece of loot from LFR, it's been a month already.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Let's say for example that a 10 man group killed a boss and 4 items dropped in the old system. !
    10 man bosses drop 4 epics now? Where? I want in on this action.

Also, LFR isn't intended as a source of loot so complaining that it affects you "acquiring gear" is a little silly.

You are meant to "acquire gear" from heroics/raids. LFR is there to see content, get valors and have a small chance at some extra pieces.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    I hate RNG, my alts can't get a single piece of loot from LFR, it's been a month already.
    Fixed that for you. What you actually hate is mathematical chance, and what you favor is biased loot systems that reward people with a bunch of friends rolling or whoever can pay the most for the gear.

Fixed that for you. What you actually hate is mathematical chance, and what you favor is biased loot systems that reward people with a bunch of friends rolling or whoever can pay the most for the gear.
    Yea because all groups had that problem right? Both systems are RNG, new one is bad because the chance at getting loot is REALLY small, before people would pass or trade stuff they already had.

My main got mail caster shoulders 3 times already.... well looks like I "needed" stuff that I didn't need only to vendor it!

Yea because all groups had that problem right? Both systems are RNG, new one is bad because the chance at getting loot is REALLY small, before people would pass or trade stuff they already had.
    This is a lie. The chance is the same if not greater across the board, even factoring in the occasional charity epic.

Sure, you've had bad luck - but the reverse is also correct. I've had 15 epics from LFR and haven't even done it yet this week.

And, realistically, if you want loot so bad - you should be doing normal modes. LFR IS NOT intended as a valid way to gear up or get a whole set.

Anything you get is a bonus.

And, realistically, if you want loot so bad - you should be doing normal modes. LFR IS NOT intended as a valid way to gear up or get a whole set.

Anything you get is a bonus.
    Yes, of course, I'm going to run normal modes on all my alts now. No seriously, I know they said LFR isn't made to gear up, but what did they do? Added 476 epics there for the lolz I guess? Of course not, it's just a "reward for your efforts" lol. Those are a HUGE upgrade for people using 463's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can see that loot drops, just ask people what they won.
    No, you cannot see what loot dropped. You can ask people if they received loot and they can link anything. They can link whatever they want to: the item they won, the item they won last week, they can link something from Atlasloot/Dungeon Journal, or they can decide not to link anything. Whatever you read what people received is not accurate to what the raid (max 25 players) actually received because the system does not provide this information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post

TLDnR: I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once. [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Lies. You'd be on here whining about how people were rolling on the sword even tho they didn't need it, traded it to a friend, etc.

Yes, of course, I'm going to run normal modes on all my alts now. No seriously, I know they said LFR isn't made to gear up, but what did they do? Added 476 epics there for the lolz I guess? Of course not, it's just a "reward for your efforts" lol. Those are a HUGE upgrade for people using 463's.
    Well if you want raid gear on them you should. They added the 476 epics as a bonus, much like how the first scenario of the day offers a chance at an epic.

The question really is... if you don't want to do normals on your alts, why do they need 476 items?

I mean, you could just do your dailies and get 489s/496s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    No, you cannot see what loot dropped. You can ask people if they received loot and they can link anything. They can link whatever they want to: the item they won, the item they won last week, they can link something from Atlasloot/Dungeon Journal, or they can decide not to link anything. Whatever you read what people received is not accurate to what the raid (max 25 players) actually received because the system does not provide this information.
    But what does that matter to the concern of not seeing other players get items? If the problem is that you can't see other players getting stuff then you ask them to link loot they got. Problem solved. Or is it the fact that it really has nothing to do with seeing other people get things but something else?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

"The new loot system has worked out well, as players don't have any reason to be mad at each other over loot in LFR anymore. It is possible that we could see it being used in dungeons as well, but that is still under discussion."

I completely disagree, and I think that the new loot system is not that good at all. This is especially true for serverwide bosses or groups with smaller sample sizes where the amount of dicks is reduced. If dungeons adopted this feature, I think the game is going to feel like a slot machine more so than it already is and people will get randomly RNG fucked for weeks like a lot of us have in LFR. As the lifespan of the dungeon goes on, it is supposed to be easier to get loot from there and even with my bad experiences with LFR in DS, I had good ones, where people would sell me pieces they may have not needed or at least something other than gold. There is a possibility that such a case will not happen even if you run the dungeon for weeks on end.

Yes, blah blah, raid normal/heroic/25 but that just suggests that normal/heroic/25 system *is not* stupid. Making the game feel retarded lootwise is the same as making the entire lootbased endgame (pre-raid) feel retarded.

TLDnR: I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once.
    You're just mad that your 24 other guildmates can't funnel you gear. I'm happy that my gear isn't stolen from your guildmates.

"I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once."

LFR for MV has been out for what? 7 weeks? With Elegon out for 6?

Maybe you should come back when it's literally been 50 weeks and you have something real to whine about.

10+ Year Old Account
    New loot system is fine.

"The new loot system has worked out well, as players don't have any reason to be mad at each other over loot in LFR anymore. It is possible that we could see it being used in dungeons as well, but that is still under discussion."

I completely disagree, and I think that the new loot system is not that good at all. This is especially true for serverwide bosses or groups with smaller sample sizes where the amount of dicks is reduced. If dungeons adopted this feature, I think the game is going to feel like a slot machine more so than it already is and people will get randomly RNG fucked for weeks like a lot of us have in LFR. As the lifespan of the dungeon goes on, it is supposed to be easier to get loot from there and even with my bad experiences with LFR in DS, I had good ones, where people would sell me pieces they may have not needed or at least something other than gold. There is a possibility that such a case will not happen even if you run the dungeon for weeks on end.

Yes, blah blah, raid normal/heroic/25 but that just suggests that normal/heroic/25 system *is not* stupid. Making the game feel retarded lootwise is the same as making the entire lootbased endgame (pre-raid) feel retarded.

TLDnR: I would rather be pissed at someone for jacking my piece one week than do LFR for 50 weeks straight and never see the sword once.
    Under the old system, you might not have seen the sword drop for 50 weeks also. The current system is just fine. You compete with yourself, there is no loot drama. RNG is RNG. The old system was utter garbage. People stole the gear just so they could trade it with their guildies or they would purposely need when they had it in hopes of trading for what they didn't have. The new system is perfect.
    Last edited by KCguy; 2012-12-07 at 03:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But what does that matter to the concern of not seeing other players get items? If the problem is that you can't see other players getting stuff then you ask them to link loot they got. Problem solved. Or is it the fact that it really has nothing to do with seeing other people get things but something else?
    I don't know about that, but asking people what they received is something you cannot verify. I, for one, generally lie in such (or not disclose the info) as well as in polls (an exit poll for example). Why? Because if the system wanted others to know this, they'd communicate it.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I didn't play a fantasy game so that I could replicate the feeling of the lottery. I played it so that my friends and I could stand over the corpse of some horrible monster and decide how to split up its loot.
    How often did you and your friends decide that someone who wasn't your friend should get loot?

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    How about this? Every time you loot a boss and get no loot, the chance of getting loot the next time you loot a boss will increase. If you are insanely unlucky, eventually the chance of getting an item will hit 100%.
    They already have that in place... the extra chance is represented by VP, as you kill more and more bosses your VP increases to the point you can go and talk to an elite with a 100% chance of getting loot.

I went the entire Cata expansion without getting one-piece of LFR gear for my Druid. Mostly it was because people who didn't need it (had the same or better item) won the roll so they could sell it/give it to a guildy/trade it for something else later in the LFR. Considering this, and the fact that I have never gone more than two LFR's without getting gear, I would call the new system a success.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    The current system is just fine. You compete with yourself, there is no loot drama. RNG is RNG. The old system was utter garbage. People stole the gear just so they could trade it with their guildies or they would purposely need when they had it in hopes of trading for what they didn't have. The new system is perfect.
    I think all the complaints reveal how much guilds relied on other people's loot. I'm tickled pink by all the loot I'm getting and they are butt-hurt over merely getting their fair share.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one wish they used the LFR system for dungeons as well, really would make it less stressful to gear up alts. not having to deal with trolls, enchanters just wanting shards, or the ninjas that need on everything they can because they can vendor it.

At least now everyone got a fair chance, you didn't have that with the previous system.