Thread: New Loot System

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    You can only steal something if it belongs to someone else. Now as far as we can speak of property of virtual items (depends on your jurisdiction) the item was never in your possession when it dropped from DS LFR; therefore it wasn't stolen from you.

I agree the new loot system (and I'd like to include the charm system to that) works well in a PuG of randoms x-realm.

The new system has its flaws though:

1) People receive items they already have, or already have better.
    2) People are forced to queue or play a spec they may not prefer to play.
    3) People respec in LFR to get an item for that spec instead of the role they were assigned to (I do this).
    4) Master looter doesn't communicate the dropped items from chest (or when people died) or loot system (e.g. council, DKP, ...) hasn't decided who receives loot yet leading to people not knowing if they should pop charm.
    5) If you quickly respec you can pop your charm for the spec you respeced to. Respec takes 5 sec, extra roll bonus is 15 sec window. If you died, tough luck, unless you got a combat res.
    1. Plenty of idiots rolled for items they have or dont need with old system too, nothing new here.
    2. Better than having shitgeared alt specs join as healers to get instant ques and still be able to roll on everything.
    3. Happened in old system too, seen ton of Blood DK's for example DPS'ing.
    4. What master looter? It's enough if someone just runs to chest and opens it.
    5. So... you have a chance to get stuff for OS? And you call that a flaw, while you seem to want to be able to roll for OS? /facepalm

10+ Year Old Account
    Op,
    Would the game be better if you had your character completely finished with gear?
    I think it would be marginally better as you may top the meters but then you'd be bored as you are at max progression, just think every week you don't get what you need it means another week that you'll comeback excited to play and excited to loot drop for you, really thats the most important thing, that feeling of having a chance to get another piece of loot, not so much the loot it self. I am being serious btw.

Deleted
    I'm fine with it, but I admittedly would like a slightly higher drop chance (only slightly not need to be one loot every two boss)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The armory profile displays it.
    One can work around that. Also, it takes a lot of work to check 25 armories.

The fact is you are still making an issue over nothing. What does it matter that you can't see a person getting an item that you wanted? You aren't rolling against them, their loot no longer has any bearing upon you. Its a relic of the old system and holding onto it as a reason for why the new system is bad is just plain silly.
    The reason is very simple: almost nobody gives a rat about these strangers they'll never meet again, never mind the gear they received. For me, these players are nothing more than bots. Some of them are actually worse than bots. Now, if you cared what a friend received they'd tell you voluntarily and truthfully like someone from your raid group who links they just got an item in /g. I really don't want any discussion about loot during LFR, nor want the option to see the loot I received, because I don't give a flying fuck about any of these people.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 08:36 PM ----------

I said:

The new system has its flaws though:
    I did not say the new system is worse than the old one but you decided to make a compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Ituhippi View Post
    1. Plenty of idiots rolled for items they have or dont need with old system too, nothing new here.
    But those were idiots (your words, not mine, since as far as I am concerned you can need and DE over some random tosser who does 10k DPS), and right now people receiving loot they don't need doesn't define them as idiot. Worse, they can't even DE it, and they'd likely rather give it away.

2. Better than having shitgeared alt specs join as healers to get instant ques and still be able to roll on everything.
    This still happens.

3. Happened in old system too, seen ton of Blood DK's for example DPS'ing.
    The role (DPS) assigned the player the loot, not the spec. Now, its the spec. Blood DKs DPSing were morons or bots in the old system. In the new system, they may very well not want to wait 45 min for tank queue (seen it happen).

4. What master looter? It's enough if someone just runs to chest and opens it.
    I already clarified I also took into account the charm system as part of the new loot system. Learn to read.

5. So... you have a chance to get stuff for OS? And you call that a flaw, while you seem to want to be able to roll for OS? /facepalm
    It feels like a bug/exploit. If it is by design it doesn't work well because if you died you can't respec quickly enough unless you get combat res.
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2012-12-07 at 07:37 PM.

For the people saying that the old loot system has the absolute exact chance to get loot as the new system, I would love to see your mathematics behind that.

There is way too many variables in the old system to say the chance at loot is exactly the same.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    For the people saying that the old loot system has the absolute exact chance to get loot as the new system, I would love to see your mathematics behind that.
    On both systems you either get loot or don't get loot. 50-50 chance.

So this week I got tier gloves from Sha for my level 87 alt who I haven't finished leveling. Nobody got pissed and cussed me out for getting loot I didn't deserve. Nobody tried to kick me from the group for being a lowbie. I thought back to BH and people arguing over who should be able to roll for the loot and I'm happier than ever that we have the new loot system now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    You made me cry a little inside.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma gz you won a cookie, you're advancing to the next round for the washing machine.