fastest way to level to 60?

Hey guys,

I recent just came back to rift because I finally closed the book on wow after 8 years. I'm still a huge noob when it comes to the game because I only leveled a mage and rogue to 50 and didn't do anything else. My work only allows me to play for short periods during the day so I was wondering what is the fastest way to get from 50 to 60? This games endgame seems overwhelmingly great so I want to finally give it a real shot!
    Last edited by pmgbro; 2012-12-06 at 02:48 AM.

50 to 60 is loooong. Your standard options are available:

• Instant Adventures (IAs) will get you there without having to put too much thought into what you're doing. Go to a level-appropriate zone and queue there so that you max out XP from mob kills (AFAIK, only IA rewards of XP and Planar Loot are boosted when you're mentored down, not the XP from mob kills).
    • Questing gets you through 50-56/57 pretty decently, but there's plenty of space for distraction.
    • PvP ain't what it used to be for XP. Which is fine. Run it a bit (the Random Warfront reward bag for winning a match is some of the better random leveling gear).

Not a solid answer, but y'know. Stop and smell the roses! The questing is actually pretty compelling - and all the "kill n beasties for some random reason" has been beautifully abstracted to "kill n beasties - counter starts when you kill 1, and you get the reward immediately after the nth kill" that is Carnage quests. No loot tho, just leveling currency and XP.

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    Hey guys,

I recent just came back to rift because I finally closed the book on wow after 8 years. I'm still a huge noob when it comes to the game because I only leveled a mage and rogue to 50 and didn't do anything else. My work only allows me to play for short periods during the day so I was wondering what is the fastest way to get from 50 to 60? This games endgame seems overwhelmingly great so I want to finally give it a real shot!
    As it stands right now, there is no 'fastest' way to 60 in terms of you'll level up 50% faster doing X than doing Y. That's not to say you can't hit 60 in a timely manner though.

Dungeons don't appear to be a great source for XP, and PvP can be hit or miss. Best bet is to (try to) complete 100% of quests in each zone and ping-pong between continents. Kingdom of Pelladane --> Cape Jule --> City Core --> Eastern Kingdom/Seratos --> Morban --> Kingsward, etc. While in each zone be sure to run at least 1 full set of Instant Adventures and any Onslaught you find along the way. Same goes for Hunt Rifts. If there's a zone event going on or an open hunt rift, jump in grab all the xp you can. Additionally, complete as many (if not all) Carnage Quests as you find them. If you feel bored, take a break and run some dungeons/warfronts.

Being a completionist doesn't sound very exciting, but between the XP and rep you'll gain, you'll be doing yourself a favor in the long run. Rep is essential for certain enchants, recipes and the 150% speed mounts.

Appreciate both of your feedback. I guess it looks like I will have to do the zones the right way lol. I was afraid of that, but maybe I'll actually embrace that fact and I just complete the zones. The different ways you can level in this game is very refreshing though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spend two to three levels grinding mobs at citizen's library - get a friend or two to help.

Endless stream of mobs. Good xp/hour.

Just quest, IA, dungeons, dailies, hunt rifts, onslaughts, blahblahblah.

There are no short cuts. Rift makes you do it the hard way,

or goto citizens library onslaught and join one of the groups there and go afk and get uber xp lol
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Quote Originally Posted by pmgbro View Post
    Hey guys,

The main thing I would recommend is that you just enjoy it, because to be honest, you really can -

The visuals are stunning, the storyline (if you are into that) is very interesting, the achievements can give you a chuckle, and the exploration is worth it. you will get to 60 in time, and you will collect world currencies to purchase gear (emperyal sourcestones up to 55-56 gear and infinity stones which are equivalent to normal dungeon gear as you near 60) as you go along.

The leveling in itself has many alternative styles (Rifts - Hunt or normal, Onslaughts, Instant Adventures, Carnage grinding and traditional questing) is a lot of fun. you have a lot more to do at 60 but that's not to say you can't enjoy the journey getting there
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

^ I agree with Antipathy with that one. Just enjoy it; it's the best way to get to 60. Not necessarily the fastest, but in the long run, you'll achieve more rep and such.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soniqboom View Post
    or goto citizens library onslaught and join one of the groups there and go afk and get uber xp lol
    Where is this citizen libary and whats the minimum level?